Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 1942 Patch

As is now noted on the game's official website, the eagerly-anticipated version 1.3 patch for Battlefield 1942 is now available for download (thanks Q). The 47 MB update to the World War II shooter that optimizes network performance, SB Live fixes, cheat fixes, bug fixes, and more is available from 3D Downloads, 3D Gamers, Battlefield1942Files.com, FilePlanet (registration required), FileShack (registration required), Fragland, Gamer's Hell, and Worthplaying. The version 1.3 dedicated server can be found on 3D Downloads, 3D Gamers, Battlefield1942Files.com, FilePlanet (registration required), FileShack (registration required), Gamer's Hell, and Worthplaying.

View
52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

52. Re: No subject Feb 9, 2003, 13:36 fredrickson

gay

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

51. Re: No subject Feb 7, 2003, 16:30 MindTrigger

Thanks guys, I have not tried the new patch. I became frustrated with the game and uninstalled it a while ago. I will give it another try. I really did enjoy most of the game, but the infantry play was most important to me.

--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

50. No subject Feb 7, 2003, 05:12 XEON

Infantry play is much better in this version - previously I tended to just try and use as many vehicles as possible rather than try to get into firefights, but since the patch there is a really noticable improvement in first person weapon handling

The only gripe I have about the patch is that I can now produce a 100% repeatable crash to Windoze by pressing TAB when a mission starts...which is nice

'Despite constant warnings, you have never met anybody who has had their arm broken by a swan'

===
B: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?

P: I think so, Brain, but where are we going to find a duck and a hose at this hour?

49. Re: Worst Text in a game ever Feb 6, 2003, 19:23 Tony!!!

Since this patch, playing as infintry is ALOT better. You havn't tried it yet?

-Tony!!!;)

-Tony!!!;)
my 360 user name is Robo Pop

48. Re: Worst Text in a game ever Feb 6, 2003, 16:46 MindTrigger

The first version released had issues with text display on the hud. They have fixed it.

This game turned out to be a huge pos for me. I was hoping for some good infantry play, but it suffered so that all these veicles and stuff could go in. Hopefully in the future someone will do a game like this and they won't have to sacrifice quality for quantity.

Have they fixed all the hit bugs yet? Last time I fired the game up you could shoot a rocket directly at the feet of an enemy and nothing would happen. Same with tank shells. Sniper guns didn't register hits well either.

--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

47. Re: No subject Feb 6, 2003, 07:43 EvilGoof

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Feb 6, 12:04.

46. Re: No subject Feb 5, 2003, 15:24 Jobz

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Feb 6, 12:03.

45. Re: No subject Feb 5, 2003, 05:28 Soupkin

Wahhhhhhhhh i want my 150kilobytes back wahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Im Soupkin.
I hope i dont have aids.

Im Soupkin.
I hope i dont have aids.
http://users.ign.com/collection/Serious_Soup)
Postal 2 sucks.

44. Re: No subject Feb 5, 2003, 05:17 EvilGoof_Trollboy

Its also called pointless crap that didn't really need to be in the download (especially when they are in the expansion pack)

As for me having the right to call someone a moron, its called freedom of speech moron.

43. Re: No subject Feb 5, 2003, 04:33 Soupkin

wow listen to you, who cares about logo's. its called highspeed internet, seriously how much longer would logo's take to download? and who are you to call anyone a moron?

Im Soupkin.
I hope i dont have aids.

Im Soupkin.
I hope i dont have aids.
http://users.ign.com/collection/Serious_Soup)
Postal 2 sucks.

42. Fuck the Airplanes Feb 5, 2003, 00:41 Bad Dos

Why can't you shoot down airplanes anymore?!? You used to be able to take them down w/ AA or machine guns. Now you have to wait for the fuckers to fly into hills!

41. No subject Feb 4, 2003, 19:14 EvilGoof_Trollboy

Nice to see they bulked out the patch with new EA and DICE logo's, really cool way to add file size EA. Morons.

40. Re: Worst Text in a game ever Feb 4, 2003, 18:50 LFace

Funny, I can read the text just fine. I could read it on 1152x864 on the radeon 8500 without FSAA/AF, and on my 9700 pro with 2xfsaa/16xAF at 1024x768 it is fine too.

What video mode are you using, and are you on a shitty internet connection because the game is fine with no lag at all on 32 player servers (even 50 player servers) on my rig:

P4 2.1ghz
512mb ddr
ati 9700 pro vidcard
sb live soundcard
winXP
1mb cable modem

39. Re: Worst Text in a game ever Feb 4, 2003, 16:57 JAGUART

You can't even read the text in this game. Who picked the font for this thing? I love MOH:AA but I loathe this game (original release version). Too many vehicles, not enough infantry tactics. The way people play it, they should do away with infantry altogether.And Lag Lag Lag. I think people have different perceptions of what they consider lag. Because this stinkin' game takes forever to load and lags with 32 players. Period. If someone could tell me why myself and three friends (all with broadband connects & fast rigs)should buy this game & the expansion, instead of playing MOH:AA, I'd love to hear it.

"I like to play female characters in MMORPGs to trick men into homosexual chat." - space captain, June 18th, 2009.

38. sound Feb 4, 2003, 09:35 Armengar

my cmedia 6ch runs fine, there is a terrible slow down if I dont check the HW Accel though.

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

37. Re: Hmm. Feb 4, 2003, 07:17 Azraelot

No, enabling HW sound didn't do much for me. I'm running on a Hercules GTXP. It's hard to go into detail, but often times sounds don't play properly; explosions near my positions aren't heard, or are only heard in one ear on my headphones, half the rounds fired from a machine gun are muted, and so on.

The problem probably stems from the earlier problems with SB Live cards. From what the gfaqs people are guessing, the devs managed to b0rk non-soundblaster card support somehow; very few Live owners are complaining about sound issues.

Who knows. It's a great game, but tough to play when you can't hear shells landing near you.

http://www.matthewrorie.com
http://users.ign.com/collection/Azraelot

36. Re: Hmm. Feb 4, 2003, 05:39 XEON

Hey Azraelot, doesn't enabling HW accel in the sound tab sort the problem out for you ? I've got an Audigy that had similar probs and that was a 'fix' in this patch. I'll probably be corrected but there were issues with EAX and SB cards/& their clones.

My brother has a Turtle Beach card that also was not playing half the sounds/corrupting them and this patch seems to have solved that (after enabling hw in sound).

'Despite constant warnings, you have never met anybody who has had their arm broken by a swan'

===
B: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?

P: I think so, Brain, but where are we going to find a duck and a hose at this hour?

35. Hmm. Feb 4, 2003, 05:01 Azraelot

Every other post on the gamefaqs.com board for this game is about screwed up sound. I know my sounds are all messed up; I'm running on a Hercules GTXP. I haven't gone online with this yet, but hopefully there'll be a patch-patch out sometime soon.

http://www.matthewrorie.com
http://users.ign.com/collection/Azraelot

34. Re: My boyz... Feb 4, 2003, 04:33 Chance

Just think of all the time they saved the cheaters...

33. Re: My boyz... Feb 4, 2003, 04:15 DrEvil

lol good job on the patch guys, thanks for introducing a built in wallhack... fucking idiots

http://www.bfnation.net/forums//viewtopic.php?p=67618

52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo