Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I just want to throw out a quick happy birthday to our long-lost buddy Frans, who has actually continued to be a huge supporter of this site since his departure for more pasteurized pastures. I know he is in quite the hectic mode right now taking care of a bazillion things, but hopefully he'll take the time to blow out the candles and make a wish today (as well as accept his birthday noogies), and I hope you'll all join me and raising a glass (or a coffee cup, as it's still early) to Frans today.

Link of the Day: BBspot - Fans Outraged at New Character in The Return of the King.
Story of the Day: Answering Machine Joke Triggers Terror Raid. Thanks Frottage.
Roadkill: If you can't beat it, eat it, aficionados say. Thanks Frottage.
Wild Science: New technique finds farthest known planet. Thanks [MP] Wolverine [MP].
First speed of gravity measurement revealed. Thanks [MP] Wolverine [MP].
Auction of the Day: US VIRGIN ISLAND THATCH CAY (Parcel #1). Thanks G E.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Happy Birthday Jan 10, 2003, 22:08  Xymph 

Thanks for all the nice birthday wishes. Blue wasn't joking when he said things are hectic for me now (I'm preparing to move to a new house with my girlfriend, all while trying to keep up with news, file releases and forums ;)), so it took a while to even read up on this thread, but it sure is appreciated.

-- Frans
3D Gamers admin, http://www.3dgamers.com/

-- Frans
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Happy Birthday Jan 9, 2003, 10:05 dw

Happy Birthday @Frans

19. Re: The Return of the King Jan 9, 2003, 04:51 quorn2002

it's not a joke

18. Re: The Return of the King Jan 9, 2003, 03:53 Armengar

no its no joke. Havent you heard about the X licences? sauron is a dark jedi in Ep3

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

17. The Return of the King Jan 9, 2003, 02:21 bigp3rm

Thats a joke right? If not then what n the hell are they thinking? I bet they wouldnt have added that in if the movie wasn't doing well. When the 1st movie came out all i saw was Director Peter Jackson talking about how they worked so hard to bring Tolkien's text to life and respect what he created. So why take a great part of Tolkien's master work and do something like this? I know a both of the movies don't tell the story like it's read. But this is going to far!!!

Anyone know if this is a joke or not?

16. Re: Roadkill Stew... Jan 9, 2003, 00:53 Pete

happy birthday frans

OMG, I lived and grew up in Sussex County, it's my hometown!! Nice to see their still eating the roadside dinner menu up there. People think I'm crazy when I say New Jersey has mountains and woods, they think it's all city and landfill. Bah! Sussex County is the last great wilderness in New Jersey, an absolutely beautiful place to live. Blue, I know you live in the Hudson Valley area, ever been to Sussex County? It's looks about the same...without the big river going thru it, though the Delaware is pretty close...ah, memories, sucks being stuck in Florida for the last eight years, I wanna go back!

i will trade you my frozen tundra for your florida

Doin' it Big

15. No subject Jan 8, 2003, 17:30 XEON

Happy Birthday Frans!

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering - Bruce Lee"

===
B: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?

P: I think so, Brain, but where are we going to find a duck and a hose at this hour?

14. Re: New character Jan 8, 2003, 16:38 nin

Hell, I'd go watch it JUST to see Anakin slice the little friggin critter in half...

Think of the fun you could have with the dvd! You could loop it over and over and over and over...

Meesa gonna DIE now!

I did like the way George tried to play it off that he MEANT for Jar Jar to have a smaller part in Episode 2. Yeah, RIGHT.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

13. Re: woot for Frans Jan 8, 2003, 16:37 Bronco

unlike some other ex-Blue's News employee.

Funny, I was going to post the other day about the recent rash of loony submitted links.

I wish they were both still here on a full time basis.

Happy Day Frans.

-TPFKAS2S

-TPFKAS2S

12. New character Jan 8, 2003, 16:03 Creston

Jar-Jaromir, now that is just quality.

You think MAYBE George Lucas will figure out people don't like his dumb ass creation, and kill it off in Episode 3? Hell, I'd go watch it JUST to see Anakin slice the little friggin critter in half...

Creston

11. Happy Birthday Frans... Jan 8, 2003, 15:33 Mashiki Amiketo

Intresting things abound sometimes, new characters...that's just scary. As for the answering machine joke, someone needs to listen better...man...  
--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

10. woot for Frans Jan 8, 2003, 15:12 indiv

Happy birthday, Frans! I was glad to see how much you still stick around and follow the news and forums, unlike some other ex-Blue's News employee.

And as for the Link of the Day, if that really was a new character in the Return of the King, I think I'd get violently ill.

9. Re: Happy Birthday Jan 8, 2003, 14:35 Weas

Rock the ganj', Frans. Rock the ganj'!

8. Re: Thatch Cay Jan 8, 2003, 12:06 c r i s p y

Looks like an excellent place to build a secret base from which to launch my plans to take over the world.

No volcano though, that's a drawback.

Well, you could always use a giant "laser" to bore down through one of the mountains and make one.

---
Chris.

7. Happy Birthday Jan 8, 2003, 11:35 nin

Happy Birthday Frans!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

6. Roadkill Stew... Jan 8, 2003, 11:06 Rigs

Roadkill: If you can't beat it, eat it, aficionados say.

OMG, I lived and grew up in Sussex County, it's my hometown!! Nice to see their still eating the roadside dinner menu up there. People think I'm crazy when I say New Jersey has mountains and woods, they think it's all city and landfill. Bah! Sussex County is the last great wilderness in New Jersey, an absolutely beautiful place to live. Blue, I know you live in the Hudson Valley area, ever been to Sussex County? It's looks about the same...without the big river going thru it, though the Delaware is pretty close...ah, memories, sucks being stuck in Florida for the last eight years, I wanna go back!

=-Rigs-=

"Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going! We talked about peace. You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation. You didn't want cooperation. You want war! Is that it? You want a war? Well you've got a WAR!"
- John Sheridan, Babylon 5

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'

5. Re: Thatch Cay Jan 8, 2003, 10:57 dolomite

You can start by posting a guide about how to take over the world with your PS2 -> PC guide.

4. Happy Birthday Frans! Jan 8, 2003, 10:53 Hazard

Take it easy and relax! You just got a year older, after all, so you're allowed to :).

Fully automatic backups with Ocster Backup Pro 3
http://www.ocster.com

3. No subject Jan 8, 2003, 10:33 Starsky

Happy Birthday, Frans!

2. Thatch Cay Jan 8, 2003, 10:13 TickleMyElmo

Looks like an excellent place to build a secret base from which to launch my plans to take over the world.

No volcano though, that's a drawback.

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo