Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Merry Christmas to all who are celebrating (and of course a Happy Christmas to those in the U.K.). We were promised a white Christmas in these parts (I think I heard the weatherman say that this would be the first time we'd have snow on the 25th in this area since the Nixon administration, which doesn't contradict my recollections at all), but so far all we have is a water wonderland, as the snow segued to rain about as soon as it began. They (and we know who "they" are... television's Van Patten family) still seem to think we have the potential for a severe winter storm in these parts, but Bing Crosby carols aside, I'd just as soon have that not happen, since we'd have to drive through it when heading over the river and through the woods to (Hudson's) grandmother's house. Anyway, I hope Santa brought you something good, and that this season finds you and yours in good health and good spirits.

Link of the Day: GeekExtreme's A GEEK's Night Before Christmas.
Stories of the Day: Rudolph a Girl? Analyzing a Reindeer Problem. Thanks Ant.
McDonald's reinvents its burger. Thanks Mike Martinez. Imagine how many they'd sell if they tasted good!
Wild Science: PNN Expands Blood Serum Protein Library. Thanks Science Blog and p3p7id3. More on early diagnosis.
Image of the Day: Equal Time. Thanks Michael Koch.
Follow-up: Three plead guilty in moon rock scheme (story). Thanks Mike Martinez.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. No subject Dec 27, 2002, 00:29 teh mane mahn

Speaking of dorks: http://www.planetquake.com/forceclan/dork.shtml

I don't know how old this page is, but I remember when it had a red background color and the pictures were working, so it must've been a while.

P.S. In case you didn't know, this page is about Quake 1 clans.
_____

The possible pain, suffering and sacrifice of discovery are by no means an excuse to remain ignorant.
This comment was edited on Dec 27, 00:30.

_____

The possible pain, suffering and sacrifice of discovery are by no means an excuse to remain ignorant.

The bartering of things sought earned are by a means which only little men can abide by and hope to achieve.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. No subject Dec 27, 2002, 00:20 teh mane mahn

"Nice try, only two years off."

Ahh, I'm losing my mine! (That's an inside joke from another web site.)

"All the best to you and the other regulars here, whether they post or not."

Indeed, that is very good. Perhaps if I were more submissive with my thoughts...

_____

_____

The bartering of things sought earned are by a means which only little men can abide by and hope to achieve.

23. Soul for sale Dec 26, 2002, 14:09 East Bay Rae

Look at this I found on eBay just now http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1467&item=2901120845

22. Re: IOTD Dec 26, 2002, 12:05  Blue 

Ray, you provide some real perspective here. I'm glad to see your optimistic tone, and from someone whose own mom has been living on what would seem to be borrowed time for years now, your attitude is inspirational. All the best to you and the other regulars here, whether they post or not.

The universe is (essentially) endless and full of possibilities; we should all just stop being dorks and smile with each other and help each other out.

Good stuff.

Happy holidays all!

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

21. Re: Doh! Dec 26, 2002, 08:23 Bronco

Oops, wish I had noticed this one sooner.

Same here. First chance I've had to look here since leaving work on Tuesday afternoon. Since then I've been with the screaming hordes - and spent my Christmas Eve struggling with a LOT of tiny little plastic parts.

Anyway, thanks to everyone. Happy whatever to everyone. Even our resident agnostics and athiests (you know who you are!).

And Ray, you da' man!

-TPFKAS2S

-TPFKAS2S

20. Doh! Dec 26, 2002, 06:05 Hump

Oops, wish I had noticed this one sooner.

A Merry Christmas to all the Blues regulars (and slightly irregulars). Heres to hoping you get everything you want and get everything you deserve (just the good things though )

-Hump

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

19. Re: No subject Dec 26, 2002, 05:55  Xymph 

This is the same Quake 2 Blue's News logo that was used in the winter of '98.
Nice try, only two years off.
http://www.bluesnews.com/logos/archives/

-- Frans
3D Gamers admin, http://www.3dgamers.com/

-- Frans

18. No subject Dec 26, 2002, 03:59 teh mane mahn

This is the same Quake 2 Blue's News logo that was used in the winter of '98.

_____

_____

17. No subject Dec 26, 2002, 03:58 teh mane mahn

This has been the best Image of the Day yet.

_____

_____

16. Re: Merry Christmas Dec 26, 2002, 01:46 snide

merry christmas to blue and ray and bronco and all my blues board buddies... im drunk and having fun kidddos as always.

love,
the snide

dave snider
comicvine.com

15. Re: IOTD Dec 26, 2002, 00:53 Ray Marden

Thanks, chummer.

On that same note, a Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to everybody else. I would like to send an extra big thank you to Matthew while I am it.

Overall, Christmas was quite subdued, lackluster even, over previous years, but I did get a lot more for an even greater number of people this year and we were able to spend some fun, happy times with each other. Good times, good times...

Not to be morbid, but a lot of time has been spent on all things cancer. It has been just over a year, I believe it was the fifteenth or so of December, when I was rushing my mother to the hospital. Heh; I never even knew where El Camino Hospital was and now I am sick of the place. But, my mother has made it through the year, surpassing the six months she was originally given, and we can only hope for the best and keep on trying.

On another note, I just had a close friend find out that her step-father (but more of a parent than anybody else in her life has ever been) has a really nasty cancer; it is in the bone, both lungs, by the heart, back to the spine, and physically protruding out his back. It "sucks" to say the least.

However, I appreciate life and friends more than I ever have in my life-which is to say quite a lot, especially considering how much I already appreciated and looked at things before. It does seem a little weird, though, when I turn on the television to watch the news and have trouble keeping track of how many people hate how many other people, be it over sex, religion, race, or even geographical location.

The universe is (essentially) endless and full of possibilities; we should all just stop being dorks and smile with each other and help each other out. There is no real reason to live your life being mad or hurting others; it should be all about having fun and experiencing new things. This is all while playing video and/or computer games, of course.

In other words, w00t!

Having no idea how anybody pictured me wearing a Hawaiian shirt :o,
Ray

------------------------------------------------------
Have you seen my System Shock 3?
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
It's one thing to have Riker and Troi say goodbye, but to kill off Data???

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

14. Re: IOTD Dec 25, 2002, 20:42 Rolphus

Well, I got some really weird stuff this year - a glass chess set (kinda like the one in X-men, actually), a new tyre for my car (I'm REALLY broke right now, and need one), a cool air-hockey thingy, Halliwell's Film Guide 2003 (the film bible, it's very cool), and a load of other cool stuff.

Interestingly, I got nothing even remotely computery - not even a single DVD! Damn, I'm becoming less of a geek in my old age. Oh well, I guess that's why my money's for (when I get some).

Happy Christmas to all of you, especially Ray, Bronco, Pete, Blue, Xymph (ex-Frans), Bagpuss, and everyone that keeps this place so much fun to read. Oh, and frederickson, I really hope you got a top-up on your medication

Have a great one, all of you!

Rolphus, the ghost of Christmas something-or-other

13. Re: Joyeux Noel Dec 25, 2002, 19:19 super_emu

Sung-T'ahn Ch'ewk Hah hap ni da,
to you too..

12. I shall say this for all... Dec 25, 2002, 17:14 Outlaw Josey Wales

Bah Humbug

I used to have a quicksand box when I was a kid...

I was an only child eventually

“How about a nap, a bath and sex with a unfamiliar woman?”
—Cy Tolliver to Andy Cramed

11. counter LotD Dec 25, 2002, 16:07 M7

the counter-link-of-the-day...
http://www.planetquake.com/sujoy/Archives/dec96/tnbq.shtml

aahhh.. memories..... *sniff*

10. Happy Holidays Dec 25, 2002, 14:34 DigitalSin

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you Blue, and everyone in the gaming community!

====================
You wouldn't care what people thought of you if you realized how seldom they do

9. Merry Christmas Dec 25, 2002, 14:26 changingman

Strangely enough, even in this backward country, we still have a merry christmas.
I got me a new PC, as I was seriously overdue for an upgrade having used last christmas to get me a strat.

"Anyway, I hope ... that this season finds you and yours in good health and good spirits."

Well, I found some good spirits to find this season through, that must have been close enough.

8. Joyeux Noel Dec 25, 2002, 13:50 Cholma

Merry Christmas Blue!
Mele Kalikimaka Feliz Navidad
Frohe Weihnachten Manuia Le Kirisimasi
Shen Dan Kwai Leh Sung-T'ahn Ch'ewk Hah
Buon Natale

(all misspellings my fault of course. French, American, Hawaiian, Spanish, German, Samoan, Mandarin, Korean and Italian.)

7. No subject Dec 25, 2002, 12:28 cepheid

Blue and I live in the same area, and we're expecting 8-12 inches according to the local news channel.
I'm in the same boat, traveling to jersey isn't going to be that bad, but coming back...well, that's gonna be an adventure as most of the heavy stuff is going to come in the evening. :-eek-:
Merry Xmas Blue, gl in your ventures.

www.arsclan.net

6. Holly Jolly... Dec 25, 2002, 12:19 OCed_5150

Well... possible 14 to 18 inches of snow here in Upstate NY. Where are those cross country skies now?

Merry Christmas to all!

This comment was edited on Dec 25, 12:23.

http://www.doom3xtreme.com

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo