Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

MoH AA Spearhead Patch

A new patch for Medal of Honor Allied Assault Spearhead is now available updating EA's WW2 shooter expansion to version 2.11. The 55 MB file is mirrored on 3D Gamers, FileShack (registration required), Gamer's Hell, and Worthplaying. Not much in the way of detail about what's new or fixed is available.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. No subject Dec 7, 2002, 14:36 Hammer

hmm, that sounds scary....i would try to re-install

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. patch wont run... Dec 7, 2002, 13:25 zet

i keep getting "this program won't run in DOS mode" error message?

anyone get it to run?
got the file from worthplaying.

16. Re: 55meg? Dec 7, 2002, 05:46 Zeus

I'm glad they finally added Malta. Malta is a much better map than any of the dm maps in the full game imo.

However I noticed this in the changelog,
- Added the Malta map, new German weapon and new skins

Is said German weapon the dreaded greanade launcher from the demo? If so, it makes multiplayer very unbalanced imo. /me hates grenade spam.

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 05:47.

15. Re: sv_pure Dec 7, 2002, 01:31 Chance

Some really good halucinogens ?

14. sv_pure Dec 7, 2002, 00:43 schraube

at least it has some kinda cheat protection finally[at least a little].why do i fear someday we will see www.planetbluesnews.com [shudder]

13. Re: No subject Dec 6, 2002, 22:16 Rigs

So, who's runnin' EA into the ground these days? Tell me they hired Brian Fargo, at least then I could excuse it...sort of...

=-Rigs-=

"Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going! We talked about peace. You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation. You didn't want cooperation. You want war! Is that it? You want a war? Well you've got a WAR!"
- John Sheridan, Babylon 5

'Who am I?...I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart! I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are EVER going to see. GOD sent me.'

12. No subject Dec 6, 2002, 20:24 Pete

i have given up on EA, they are horrible with patches. and that includes pretty much everything under the EA umbrella

Doin' it Big

11. Re: ASE for Spearhead Dec 6, 2002, 19:54 zet

yes!
Thanks for posting that.
This trend of exclusive rights to game browsers is not in the gamers interest. It's marketing bu||sh1t.

nuff' said.
thanks for the tip.

10. ASE for Spearhead Dec 6, 2002, 18:43 Brick

There is a pretty simple copy and paste hack for all us dedicated ASE users at their website. It is in the Forums and is unsupported by ASE (to avoid copywrite problems) but it works tickatyboo! It tells you how to setup a filter for it. Make sure that you scan for games from your filter and not from the second MOH icon in you ASE browser. I think that's why some people were having trouble with it. Like myself I have never used a filter for ASE before. The All-Seeing Eye is game browser for FPS's which allows you to keep favourites, track buddies, set filters and a whole lot more. It's free and strongly recommended for any FPSer out there. You can buy a more complete registered version but the free one works just fine for most. I will be buying it though to show support. this is not be confused with Gamespy and is far less intrusive and works better.
Brought to you by a very satisfied customer!!!
http://www.udpsoft.com/eye/doc.html

This comment was edited on Dec 6, 18:44.

9. Re: 55meg? Dec 6, 2002, 17:55 zet

I love this expansion pak.

That being said, it is utterly incomprehensible to me that an expansion pak that bills itself as a team based game has no ability to search for players.
Let alone be able to even see who is on any given server.

They have forged an exclusive arrangement with GameSpy and excluded any third party browsers. (like ASE etc..)

This kind of 'exclusivity' is pretty sickening and can only hinder the games.
All in an attempt to bolster GS?
blech....

It's an insult.

This comment was edited on Dec 6, 18:01.

8. Re: 55meg? Dec 6, 2002, 17:24  Xymph 

Why don't these game companies give us some info about what's changed in the patch. Why is that so hard?
EA just sent us the list of changes:
http://www.3dgamers.com/dl/games/medalofhonor/Missions/mohaash_patch_20_to_211.txt

I find it interesting that a patch can come out and be "mirrored" on multiple sites, but the "Official Site" has no mention of the patch or the patch itself.
The patch was released by EA Europe on their ftp server, and since they're on a different timezone than EA Pacific, there is no update on the official site yet, but that should happen later today.

-- Frans
3D Gamers admin, http://www.3dgamers.com/

-- Frans

7. Re: 55 MGS? Dec 6, 2002, 17:14 Coolone

well the game still runs like crap for me *whips out receipt for return*

6. 55 MGS? Dec 6, 2002, 16:59 Hammer

they added the malta map,and some other stuff from the demo,thats why its 55 mgs.

Hammer

This comment was edited on Dec 6, 17:00.

5. Re: Official Site Dec 6, 2002, 16:32 Overon

That happens all the time Snafu. The official sites take a while before they are updated. It's normal. That's why the official sites are not the sites that players go to for updates, they go to the fansites first because they are quicker.

4. Official Site Dec 6, 2002, 16:25 Eye 4N Eye

I find it interesting that a patch can come out and be "mirrored" on multiple sites, but the "Official Site" has no mention of the patch or the patch itself.

Snafu
This comment was edited on Dec 6, 16:26.

Eye 4N Eye

Opinions are like A**holes, everybody has one and they usually stink
(all except mine of course)

3. Re: 55meg? Dec 6, 2002, 15:49 Overon

Why don't these game companies give us some info about what's changed in the patch. Why is that so hard?

2. Re: 55meg? Dec 6, 2002, 15:32 PHeeNIxx

Releasing patches is all fine and good, but how could such a large patch be released for such a new game? I guess it fixes the bug where they forgot to put in half the content.

1. 55meg? Dec 6, 2002, 15:28 nin

DAMN! I was just about to buy this, and now I've got to download a 55 meg patch?

grrrrrrr...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo