Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 1942 Patch

FilePlanet (registration required) is now offering downloads of a new version 1.2 patch for the North American version of Battlefield 1942 as a 22 MB download. The new version of DICE's WW2 shooter adds network/server fixes, client fixes, AI improvements, a significant improvement in hand-to-hand combat, and more. In conjunction with this, FilePlanet (registration required) is also offering downloads of a new version 1.2 dedicated server. The files have been mirrored on 3D Gamers, AusGamers, Tiscali Games, and Worthplaying. Update: If you are having a problem connecting to servers after applying the patch, you may have received a beta version of the patch that EA sent out by mistake, which has since been replaced with the proper version.

View
79 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

79. Re: wel Aug 19, 2006, 01:21 nin

here is where i started after blue banned anonymous posting july 30 2001

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=userinfo&user=10498&boardid=1&history=196

i would appreciate anyone who reads this to let people know because i wont be here tomorrow thanks and goodbye

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

78. Re: NVIDIA servers Dec 4, 2002, 15:08 skyWiser

http://www.ownage.eclipse.co.uk/idx-bf12.rar

77. Best game ever. Dec 3, 2002, 17:58 EvilGoof

This is the best game ever made. I hope other developers learn from it and expand the FPS genre gameplay instead of trying to make a prettier dungeon like Carmack. Imagine when all of the many mods that are in development come out and the level editor is almost ready to be released as well.

76. Re: NVIDIA servers Dec 3, 2002, 02:46 DrEvil

I agree with everything u said, and can say that I probably won't go with creative again for a sound card. IMO they make good stuff, but their drivers are steaming piles of shit they take forever to update. You will be lucky to get 3+ updated drivers for a card throughout its life, meanwhile people have problems constantly.

I have an audigy plat, and it used to cause problems before i moved it to a different slot so it could have its own IRQ, now things are fine.. but their lack of driver support is still pushing me away. true there was an audigy update not too long ago, but issues still remain.

75. wel Dec 3, 2002, 02:29 fredrickson

the problem is of courts frans he put up the wornt patch and guess whut he is the one causin all this problem htn he sid oh i fixed in but gues what he didnt fix anything HE lied and made the problems worse oh now he spread out the bad one like a vierrus and symantex didnt didnet it

74. Re: NVIDIA servers Dec 2, 2002, 21:57 IMugly

If I were you I'd try something other than a Creative card. Everyone I know, except me, who have finally given up on Creative have had nothing good to say about them since they trough their Audigys in the trash. They all replied that most of their games now run faster and without any pops, stutters, or just general crappy game sounds that their Creative cards exhibited. I still use an Audigy, but I'm just about ready to give up on Creative altogether because no matter what output analog/digital I use in every system I have used Creative sound cards in there have always been popping, and with EAX enabled most games crawl to slow to be playable unless they are very well coded games. I believe Creative relies on the later because the way most games are poorly coded today it's amazing that any game works out of the box.

73. 1.2 Patch Dec 2, 2002, 20:12 Ziggo

I've had very few probs with any version of the game. I run it on two machines at home (both home built). One Win2000 and other WinXP. I have a SoundBlaster Live on one and an Audigy sound card on the other. I did have that refresh rate XP prob where the game would not run. Found the fix online in 5 minutes. I got an uncorrupted 1.2 patch from FileShack same day it came out. I've never had a real problem with sound loops to begin with- very rare occurance. Now they are gone completely- I run my sound 22Khz Med Quality. The patch fixes have all been for the better. This game rocks BTW! Few minor gripes left... I hate the CD check! Once at game launch is ENOUGH! The problem with some players being able to join before others is fixable as the game stands now. The stand alone server has a variable that tells it how long to wait after a map change before the game starts. All the server admins have to do is increase this time by 45 sec. The game seriously needs an easy voting system! To kick the F**K tards! Framerates are good on both machines! Slow rig is Athlon900 w/ GeForce3. I have good DSL from Speakeasy. Speakeasy Rocks! No other real gripes... Looking forward to many years of Mods and general BF1942 goodness! CounterStrike WHO? TeamFortress WHO? neverheard of em...

72. 1.2 Patch Dec 2, 2002, 16:09 kassad

another first rate implementation here, bad distro's of the patch, all corporate servers running the Tobruk map for the entirety of thanksgiving weekend. and what do ya know the sound still flips out. however i have yet to try to the 44 --> 22 khz thing... im going to try that later. i forget who set this precident way back whenever, but i tell ya i get more and more tired every year of being these game companies beta tester, and paying for the priveledge in some cases. if it were an open source setup and we were all trying to achieve the perfect gaming experience, then i would tolerate months of instability. but i can assure you that EA cares about only one thing, money, and customer satisfaction that lasts just long enough to get them passed the proverbial "30 days". so now i just feel like all the FPS team gamers are being punished by a gaming industry that wishes they would go in a more profitible direction for them, the company? I wonder what FPS game will be the first to cross the "subscription barrier" i wonder how many of those posibilities will use the BF1942 nightmare as their justification.

71. Re: NVIDIA servers Dec 1, 2002, 11:16 ReDeeMeR

Anyone has that v1.2 NoCD fix?

70. Re: NVIDIA servers Dec 1, 2002, 04:36 Scheherazade

turn the quality option down. and dont use 22 not 44 khz.

you can still have hardware accellerated and 3d sound on.

its mainly 44->22 khz that improves performance DRASTICALLY (i.e. ~~ 25% more fps...), and fidelity goes down a little, but its not terrible. quality-option-low will give you a couple more fps. (though quality seems to not affect the sound you hear at all)

-scheherazade

69. Re: NVIDIA servers Nov 30, 2002, 16:09 Thermopyle

I too have an sblive series card ... i was really hoping that I would be able to use hw accellerated sound, but alas, no... still having sound issues post patch... i don't have to turn OFF the sound, but i can't use hw accelleration either ... anyone else having these issues ? was contemplating upgrading to an audigy 2 card n e ways... does anyone know if these issues persist w/ the new cards?

68. NVIDIA servers Nov 30, 2002, 15:58 GreatWurm

When I saw the press release about the NVIDIA servers (which are great, BTW), I thought, "Finally! Someone at EA gets it!". I was wrong. The way EA kept us in the dark about when the patch would be released, then releasing only to $%!@!! Fileplanet (thank god for mirrors) made me realize that this NVIDIA server thing is just a fluke.

Clueless EA BF42 Project Manager: "Hey consumers of BF42, we're partnering with nvidia to run several BF42 servers just in time for the holiday season! Also, we're secretly releasing a patch (but we won't post any updates on our site, you'll have to go to another site to find out). Finally, to show my total ineptitude and lack of intelligence, we won't update the nvidia servers with the new patch (thus rendering them useless to anyone who upgrades to 1.2)." <walks away from microphone with smug look on face>

And to top it off, I'm still having slowdowns with a SB live! on 98. Turning off the sound fixes it.

67. Re: About Fileplanet Nov 30, 2002, 15:10 anon@24.76

Don't they already have a CD key check? so why the hell do they check the physical cd for online play?

66. Re: About Fileplanet Nov 30, 2002, 04:59 Thermopyle

Correct me if i'm wrong ... but why can't they just do a cd check when the game is 1st booted in to ? as opposed to EVERY map change .

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 05:00.

65. Re: data differs .... RESOLVED!! Nov 28, 2002, 21:32 Numsha

"Ahhhhh.... Thank you Numsha.

Works great now ... too bad i have to go eat turkey now when all i REALLY want to do is play... heh"

No problem. Patch so far rocks. It seems to be easier to kill someone with a pistol.

64. Re: About Fileplanet Nov 28, 2002, 20:52 SacredGinmill

I paid for the software, I am not running it on multiple machines. I simply wish to play online with my friend (I bought his copy too, btw). That is not a lot to ask. But I have simply had enough frustration with trying to join a server, only to have it report as full because it takes about 40 seconds just to get to the 'connect' screen. I am tired of map changes where the enemy team already has objectives captured or is spamming your only spawn with grenades because some guy with a 54k CD-ROM loads faster than my burner or my DVD drive.
If anyone can remember, Tribes 2 did this BS when it was released and they removed it. They don't check for a CD when you play Wolf online, they don't check your CD in NWN anymore either. EA needs to stop being so paranoid and remove CD check for online play, because guess what, the warez monkeys are STILL playing online, no matter what you do.

63. Re: data differs .... RESOLVED!! Nov 28, 2002, 15:03 Thermopyle

Ahhhhh.... Thank you Numsha.

Works great now ... too bad i have to go eat turkey now when all i REALLY want to do is play... heh

I installed it over the apparantly corrupt updater... & now it's all good.

Why was it so difficult for EA or whoever to just get us the "right" patch from the start ? o well ...

all's well that ends well ... now... if i can just get that point blank kill with a pistol i'll be happy. we'll see.

-: trying to fix or change something, only guarantees and perpetuates its existence :-

62. Re: data differs .... RESOLVED!! Nov 28, 2002, 13:25 Numsha

http://www.bfcentral.com/patches/

I downloaded this "uncorrupted" Patch, and installed it. No problems now. Can play online now. (However, I must admit I only tried out ONE server this morning -- but it worked for at least that one.) I will assume that things will be fine with other choice servers I go to.

By the way, all I did was install this patch OVER the (apparently) corrupted one.

61. CD Checks Nov 28, 2002, 12:56 ZigZang

OK. I didn't know about some of the issues you all are seeing. I've not had any problems, but I would be upset if I had the CD in there and the game refused to acknowledge it, especially after it already saw that it was there just a game ago. So my appologies for jumping all over that one. It looks like an issue I was unaware of.  
ZigZang

60. Re: About Fileplanet Nov 28, 2002, 12:19 Scheherazade

ZigZang < if you're as unlucky as me, it says it cant find the cd every 3 maps or so, and refuses to see it unless i reset. _thats_ annoying. and the cd loader doesnt want to work on my system. i dont care about using the cd cause i have a couple drives so i just leave it in oe of them. what gets me is how it cant find it and makes me have to reset.

-scheherazade

79 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo