Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

A little out of kilter here... I caused a couple of disconnected moments when the dreaded F.M. reared its ugly head, but I managed to take advantage of the relative quiet yesterday by installing a wireless access point on the network here in the BlueTower. The WAP I got actually was pretty determined to be the main router on the network, providing Network Address Translation for all the client machines, but after going through the installation, I was able to re-tweak it so that the wireless router is just another node on the hub, and it all seems to work just as I want it to. This is not exactly the time of year to take a laptop out in the backyard and enjoy some outdoor computing, but in the meantime, the benefits of having wireless access inside the house will have to suffice. Along the way I learned I have an "Aornum" spyware program on my computer. I guess I got to experience the ups and downs of modern computing in one fell swoop.

Play Time: PeeMail. Thanks braeden. And you can "make" your own! (It takes a while to load).
Stories of the Day: 9-11 trading cards to go on sale for holidays. Thanks Athlon7.
7-year-old reports drunken baby sitter. Thanks Mike Martinez.
Sex Urged for More Productivity. Thanks Chris Johnson.
Waiting for Darwin: Kissing rattlesnake lands man in hospital. Thanks Defiant24.
Wild Science: Brain damage link to snoring. Thanks Lurch.
Telescope Sees Black Holes Merging. Thanks [MP] Wolverine [MP].
Weird Science: Brains of gang missing from lab. Thanks Spiders.
Hat to combat cell phone health worries. Thanks Mike Martinez.
Media of the Day: Video Shows Jackson Dangling Baby Over Hotel Balcony. Thanks dbodine.
Image of the Day: World Photos: Reuters. Thanks dbodine. A still of Jacko's latest magic moment.

View
13. Banner Ads Nov 20, 2002, 19:34 Tigger

OK, the banner ads that play movie trailers HAVE to go.

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 19:34.

--
Tigger
Vic Fontaine for President
Previous Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Nov 20, 09:51 Blue's News PeeMail redink1
  2. Nov 20, 10:05  Blue's WAP! nin
  11. Nov 20, 14:44  Re: Blue's News PeeMail Xil
  14. Nov 20, 19:50   Re: Blue's News PeeMail WarPig
  3. Nov 20, 10:33 Yay Wireless! zaq
  4. Nov 20, 10:37  snoring... nin
  5. Nov 20, 11:10   Baby Soupkin