Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

So there's this crow who sits outside my window lately and crows incessantly. On a recent foray into the fresh air I noticed he is actually perched on the very (very) top branch of the evergreen tree by our house, something that doesn't seem suited to his weight, as crows are quite large. It turns out there is another crow on a similarly spindly branch near a neighboring house, and it would seem they are talking to each other, and I can only imagine they are crowing (har) over how annoying they can be now that they've managed to find a spot safe from the million or so cats that roam the neighborhood. You think the neighbors will have me committed if I start building a scarecrow on my roof?

Play Time: A-Blast (Flash required). Thanks Nut Monkey.
Stories of the Day: Charity Workers Chat with Dead Woman, Then Leave. Thanks Jason Dawson.
'Net chat' language leaves teachers lost for words. Thanks Kenneth Cheung.
Microsoft chairman honored in India by 8-foot-tall condom. Thanks zombie69. Buy large and tailor to fit.
Weird Science: Oriental food 'could make you go blind.' Thanks Mike Martinez. Can I eat it until I need glasses?
Wild Science: The Perishable DVD as Musical Taste Test (NY Times free registration required). Thanks Shafty.
Robot guard-dragon unveiled in Japan. Thanks [MP] Wolverine [MP].
Images of the Day: Michael Jackson. Thanks zombie69. May harm appetites and unborn children. Caused an update to The HisTory of Michael Jackson's face (thanks Shafty).
Jedi Archives Clones Long Room, Trinity Attacks. Thanks Devster. Architectural separated at birth.
Auction of the Day: NYC Cockroach Gift Vials. Thanks Dasein.
Follow-up (story): Operators of 'Miss Cleo' Psychic Hotline Agree to Settle Fraud Charges. Thanks [OHG]Bones.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Woah... Nov 16, 2002, 14:19 indiv

There is a new big ass add on bluesnews.com

? You prefered the right side of the page wallpapered with tall ads instead of the new ones that just take up 2 news stories vertically? I think the new ads are great compared to those old monstrosities.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Woah... Nov 16, 2002, 11:48 Rosewood

There is a new big ass add on bluesnews.com ... kinda weird cause blue seemed to be the last hold out

sigh, an era is gone

(not that I mind par se, just sad to see it there)

18. Re: A BB gun Nov 15, 2002, 23:37 Swampy

I USED to have 50 or so crows in my yard every morning around 5am and every evening around 5pm. There's 3 ways to go about this without going to jail most of the time.

1. Laser pointer. Freaks them out, makes them go away.

2. The BB Gun is an ok route to go, however, most people's budgets only allow for a modest 350 foot per second pump style gun. As in the first, they go away with a bruise. (as mentioned before in an earlier post, Crows are NASTY.)

3. If the BB gun doesn't work after about a week of bruisin, then you'll have to go and get something a little more powerful. I'm in an area where gun shows are fairly frequent. I picked up a 1300 foot per second spring loaded .22 caliber pellet gun. I dropped 2 crows in a week and they haven't been back....

17. Re: A BB gun Nov 15, 2002, 16:55 Rolphus

"Quick impression for you: 'Caw! Caw! Bang! Fuck! I'm dead!"

I just couldn't resist that quote

16. Re: NY Times Articles Nov 15, 2002, 16:17 anon@127.0.0.1

Or you can use our login...

Name: bluesnews
PW: bluesnews

Still working... you'd think that NYT would keep track of hits/id and notice something was screwed. But I guess not.

Please do NOT target my IP Address for any DDOS attacks!

I am not a man! I am a free number!

15. Re: NY Times Articles Nov 15, 2002, 16:04 BlightCrawler

Make up an ID using a fake e-mail address. I've had one for almost three years, and it still works, and I've almost never had to relog in. It's not that painful.

14. If you want to scare the crows. . . . Nov 15, 2002, 15:51 ZigZang

show 'em a picture of Michael. Scared the shit out of me.  
ZigZang

13. Scare Crows Nov 15, 2002, 15:11 Weas

"Best way to scare crows - creep up behind them, put your hand around their crow necks and squeeze till they stop moving. That scares the stuffing out of them"
-Mr. Vandemaar, NeverWhere

12. Shoulda done it for Halloween Nov 15, 2002, 14:50 The Raven

And just left the scarecrow up after that. They wouldn't think you crazy, just lazy... which is, arguably, not much better, but hey I'll take the advantages where I see 'em. :-)

Dreaming Demon, formerly Tikatt, formerly The Raven

11. MJ Nov 15, 2002, 14:24 Pete

thats just gross. I loved his earlier work. But the man has lost his touch, and mind perhaps.

Its a shame, waste of a talent.

Guess that money truly doesnt buy happiness

Doin' it Big

10. ny times Nov 15, 2002, 12:15 The Truth

dunno who set this up, but for the NY times stuff just use:
bluesnews for the login
and
bluesnews for the password

i havent come accross any more registration sites like that but if anyone else has let me know!!

- The Voices In My Fruit Loops Tell Me I'm Special -

------
Diablo & Diablo 2 for the DS, it makes sense Blizzard!

9. No subject Nov 15, 2002, 12:15 Starsky

It's the cats that should be afraid. Crows is nasty.

Good eatin' tho...

8. NY Times Articles Nov 15, 2002, 11:46 Outlaw Josey Wales

I was wondering if it would be possible to at least put some kind of small summary for those NY Times articles that keep getting posted? I just hate jumping thru friggin hoops to read a news article.

I love to go down to the schoolyard and watch kids run around and scream...

They dont know that I'm only using blanks.

“How about a nap, a bath and sex with a unfamiliar woman?”
—Cy Tolliver to Andy Cramed

7. A-Blast Nov 15, 2002, 11:39 /dev/null

The game you posted is property of Shockwave.com. It seems some has hotlinked it or straight or stolen the swf and put on their webpage. I suggest you change your link or remove it entirely.

Edit:
Thanks! Thats good too.

This comment was edited on Nov 15, 11:57.

6. Re: Guard Dragon Nov 15, 2002, 11:38 changingman

Except when it blasts a hole in your leg when you walk into the house.

I just can't believe that face. Things were screwed up before, but now it's been so damaged that bits of it are dying. I hope he gets some psychiatric treatment soon, he certainly needs it.

5. Guard Dragon Nov 15, 2002, 10:55 VT Hoodlum

When they incorporate a taser frickin' laser beam to take care of any intruders, that's when I'll pick one up. Well, not really, but that would definitely be badass.

This comment was edited on Nov 15, 10:56.

4. Jackson Nov 15, 2002, 10:12 fujiJuice

May harm appetites and unborn children.

please heed this warning, i almost threw up!

3. MJ Nov 15, 2002, 09:38 Bronco

The history of MJ's face is a gut buster.

I know money is tight for Mike now, maybe if he sues the butchers that did that to him for gross incompetence he can recoup some of his money.

-TPFKAS2S

-TPFKAS2S

2. Re: A BB gun Nov 15, 2002, 09:30 StarHawk

Caw CawCawCaw CawCaw

*Translation*
Hey you see that guy looking out the window at us?

CawCawCaw Caw CawCaw CaCaCaCaCa

*Translation*
Yeah, let's drive him crazy. LMAO

1. A BB gun Nov 15, 2002, 09:21 Mead

...will take care of the crow.

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo