Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Starfleet Command III Movie, Preview

Activision has released a new movie showing off gameplay from Star Trek Starfleet Command III on this downloads page. Since the server has been slow or down for a good deal of time since the file was posted, 3D Gamers has posted a mirror here, where they offer word that the 22 MB movie runs for about a minute and shows off plenty of gameplay. Meanwhile, there's a Starfleet Command III Preview on GameSpy.com that's part three of their look at the upcoming part three in this series. This time out they take a look at the Klingon race in the game, featuring thoughts on the subject straight from the design team at Taldren.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. That's my feeling as well... Nov 3, 2002, 21:38 Phaelog

I havn't seen this particular trailer yet but I have seen other movie's of the game in action. My biggest worry about this game is what KilrathiAce has pointed out: it's dumbed down. Customaztion means nothing to me. There were already a LOT of different ships to choose from. Never did I feel the game was less for lack of customization. Yes...yes...I'll be fair here. The previous two SFC games' interface was not user-friendly, but it was the wealth of detail and the number of options I had to play with that attracted me to this game in the first place. Trying to go down the "mass market appeal" path now seems too risky and alienates a lot fo the existing player base. Yes the game was complex. Those are the games that stay on my hard drive for than a few weeks when others have already run out of gas. I'm going to check out the game when it gets released but if it looks like the guts have been ripped out of this game at least I have SFC2.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. No subject Nov 2, 2002, 13:11 KilrathiAce

This SFC3 trailer blows. lol. In fact, I saw nothing exciting about the SFC3 engine at all, that movie looked like someone could just take SFC2 and download few custom models and boom, you could make same thing.

The sad thing is that SFC2 was actually playable and with depth, while SFC3 they stripped it down, and dumbed it down to newbie level so actual gameplay will never come close to SFC1/SFC2.

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

3. Re: Downloads Nov 2, 2002, 13:00  Xymph 

Methinks 3DG is just getting hammered again.
Yup, the myriad of releases over the past two weeks, with the Mafia demo just now taking the most popular spot (pretty amazing for a game this old :)) cause our regular servers to be maxed out all the time. I've enabled an extra, fast mirror for this file now.

-- Frans
3D Gamers admin, http://www.3dgamers.com/

-- Frans

2. Re: Downloads Nov 2, 2002, 12:49 Ray Marden

Methinks 3DG is just getting hammered again. I have tried to download three separate files from them now with no luck, at least not unless you count the link to the FileFront servers.

http://www.3dgamers.com/dl/games/ststarfleetcmd3/sfc_3_final.zip.html

I would preume that this applies to Activision, too. The developers generally offer the least amount of bandwidth for their files.

Unable to even access the main Activision site at the moment,
Ray

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sex? Race? Religion? Nah...just refer to me as a human from Earth.
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
Tumor marker up to 500 and allergic reactions to the one drug that is good at fighting pancreatic cancer. Damn.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

1. Downloads Nov 2, 2002, 12:23 MonteCristo345

none of them seem to be working for me

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo