Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

UT2003 Demo Definitely This Week (Maybe)

A post to the Infogrames Forums by Epic's Mark Rein has word on the UT2003 demo, saying it: "is nearly ready to go. It should be out sometime within the next few days. Keep watching this space (the stickies) for an announcement. When it's ready we'll just be releasing it randomly to a few major sites so that hopefully it will spread like wildfire and everyone will be able to get it from their favorite games site. There won't be any special exclusives or anything like that. We want everyone to be enjoying it the minute it goes live." Thanks MattyD. Meanwhile, Unreality has posted a brief chat log with Mark discussing this on IRC, talking about what still needs to be finished and what will be included. Finally, apparently realizing the dangers of making such an un-hedged statement, Mark made another post to the Infogrames Forums clarifying this is not all carved in stone:

I'm expecting the demo to be out sooner than 5 days but things have a way of cropping up and biting us in the ass so you never know. It could be as early as tomorrow or as late as the weekend but I'm pretty confident that it's this week.

View
184 Replies. 10 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

184. Re: DAMN STRAIGHT, Sep 17, 2002, 13:26 EvilJebus

ok... I'm not trying to get into a debate about catholicism and protestantism. I am just saying catholics accept christ as savior, so they are christians. That has nothing to do with having an intermediary. Yeah, there are differences... DUH, otherwise they wouldnt be different religions would they? BUT you cant argue the fact that catholics are christians.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

183. Re: DAMN STRAIGHT, Sep 17, 2002, 08:00 anon@72.5

"#176 Actually, you cant say Catholicism and Christianity and mean two different things. Catholicism IS Christianity just as much as Protestants."

Wow. That is so incredibly mislead, I don't know if I should spend the time explaining the vast array of differences between the two. I tell you what, after work I will at least list the major differences. Lets list one just for the record. The Bible states... "There is ONE mediator between man and God and His name is Jesus". Or would you prefer a Catholic rebuttal?

"For the Roman pontiff, by reason of his office as vicar of Christ, and as pastor of the entire Church has full, supreme, and universal power over the whole Church, a power which he can always exercise unhindered." Catechism

The Pope is seen by many as an intermediary, which is totally and utterly unbiblical. I will continue later.

182. No subject Sep 17, 2002, 05:39  Blue 

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 05:41.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

181. Re: DAMN STRAIGHT, Sep 16, 2002, 10:13 EvilJebus

#176 Actually, you cant say Catholicism and Christianity and mean two different things. Catholicism IS Christianity just as much as Protestants. A lot of protestants are misled about catholics, and for some reason dont know that they are christians. Weird, considering protestants, when they broke off from catholicism, kept the same religion and just changed a few rules.

But back to topic, I got the UT2k3 demo... I'm not as impressed as I thought I would be. The voices are so damn annoying!!

180. Re: #158 Sep 15, 2002, 23:55 captain_insaneo

We all know people die when you bang a dog. But what about the children! WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN GOD DAMN YOU! ARGHBH!H
i peed myself

179. Re: #158 Sep 15, 2002, 20:25 EvilGoof

Satan loves you too Von Helmet and he will also be there for you thrue thick and thin. May the demons that surround you warm your heart lick your pee pee.
666 666 666 666 666 666 666
This comment was edited on Sep 16, 03:21.

178. Re: #158 Sep 15, 2002, 19:25 Von Helmet

You're in the UK? Me too. Where be you?

You do know real Christian's? Hmmm. Shame then that you're still tarring us all like that.

All I can tell you is that God loves you and everyone else, that his son died for all of us to save us from death and hell, and that our entire lives should reflect the gratitude we have for that. How we act now will determine how we spend eternity.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Man, I can't believe this thread hasn't been locked yet.

Oh, and to be honest I'd have realised *before* I had any shit in my mouth that I didn't want it in there.

177. Re: #158 Sep 15, 2002, 08:23 !mother!

For a start i'm from the U.K. so i dont know much about your coporate christianity and secondly i do know real christains not you mickey mouse church goers i mean real guitar playing, holy spirit flowing, praising the lord with every breath type christians.

I know as much as i want to know about you and your god and I still dont like it nor do I want to be a part of it. For example you only need one mouthful of your own fecies to realise you dont want to take another bite.

176. Re: DAMN STRAIGHT, Sep 14, 2002, 16:25 anon@72.5

Actually the heart of Catholicism is very far removed from Christianity. There are Christians within the Catholic church, but they are not the representatives of Christianity by any means. Not like most assume anyway.

175. Maybe Sep 14, 2002, 15:48 L0cky

Yeh but when the Priest bangs the dog, it could be anyone that dies and way too much a coincidence if it's a Priest. Maybe you should bang a dog, be much more likely.

Or bang an Elephant, you'd get four humans and a tiger.

174. Re: DAMN STRAIGHT, Sep 14, 2002, 15:21 EvilGoof

If a kitten dies every time you masturbate, then will a human die every time you bang a dog? Maybe they should supply dogs to bang to all the Catholic priests so they stop raping the young boys in their church.

173. Re: zelda Sep 14, 2002, 14:29 L0cky

!Off Topic
There's good Christians, there's bad Christians. Just the same there's good and bad Muslims. Wether you're good or bad has NOTHING to do with religion, race or color. It's s.i.m.p.l.e but something that will never be understood; not on this planet anyway.

But this has nothing to do with the game so STFU and download/play it and say what you feel about it GVD!.

172. #158 Sep 14, 2002, 03:11 Von Helmet

I really wish you could meet some real Christian's. I'm not self righteous in the least. There's not a lot I can say to convince you on the matter, but that's the way it is. Real Christian's (or in fact, probably people of any faith who are actually living it out) are the kindest, most understanding people around.

It's not small minded or idiotic, but again I can't convince you of that. It's small minded to damn something you don't understand though.

It's not anger, just me getting tired of all these arguments and making a snappy point.

I really do wish you could meet some real decent Christian's. I have to say American corporate Christianity has a lot to answer for. It gives a lot of people the wrong idea about us and gives us a bad name.

Oh, and I'd get the demo if I wasn't on 56k. DAMN.

171. Re: DAMN STRAIGHT, Sep 14, 2002, 00:09 Alex Johnson

IM so excited I might just go outside and bang my dog

170. Re: DAMN STRAIGHT, Sep 13, 2002, 22:00 SpectralMeat

its out its on fileplanet i am downloading it right now good luck guys

Steam: SpectralMeat

169. Re: DAMN STRAIGHT, Sep 13, 2002, 21:27 God_Dangerous

Like I'm gonna sit on their waiting list for 12 hours, then start downloading at 3kbps...

Does anyone even use FilePlanet anymore?

I think I'll hold out for an honest mirror

-------------------------------------------------
Riding on a freight train in the freezing rain listening to Cold Train my reality went insane, and I think I saw Jesus.
He was playing hopskotch with Betty Carter, who was cursing about it in a scat-like j

168. Re: DAMN STRAIGHT, Sep 13, 2002, 21:18 SpectralMeat

fileplanet will have it in an hour

Steam: SpectralMeat

167. Re: DAMN STRAIGHT, Sep 13, 2002, 21:11 Deviant

Anyone have any download links??????!!!???

166. DAMN STRAIGHT, Sep 13, 2002, 20:39 God_Dangerous

Here is is if it's too busy for you to get to:

DEMO IS READY!
by Prophetus at 8:09 PM EST (UT 2003) [ Post A Comment ]

Ladies and Gentlemen, the moment we've all waited for has arrived. The demo is ready and once we receive the necessary information and complete the download, we will provide the mirrors for you to rape. Within a couple of hours, be here to catch the mirror links!

-I'm warming up my spooge-medicine right now.

Riding on a freight train in the freezing rain listening to Cold Train my reality went insane, and I think I saw Jesus.
He was playing hopskotch with Betty Carter, who was cursing about it in a scat-like j

165. Re: OH SHIT Sep 13, 2002, 20:31 God_Dangerous

UT2K3 forums are too busy to get on right now - prolly too much chatter similar to this.

However, my spidey senses *are* tingling...

something's happening..

184 Replies. 10 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo