Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Patch That Thing

Hot on the heels of the game's release, the first patch for The Thing is now available for download from Sierra's ftp server, as noted in this forum post (thanks Tiscali Games). The 3.1 MB download brings the US edition of the game from build 9 to build 13, and "contains several fixes for minor bugs" as well as sound issues.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: The Thing UK? Nov 5, 2002, 12:33  Xymph 

I bought a copy in Europe and the patch doesn't work anyone know where I can get the patch for the UK version
That hasn't been released yet. The developers site (http://www.artworks.co.uk/home.htm) carries only US and German patches, with "Europe (except Germany) Coming Soon".

-- Frans
3D Gamers admin, http://www.3dgamers.com/
This comment was edited on Nov 5, 12:34.

-- Frans
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: The Thing UK? Nov 5, 2002, 10:22 Nagumo2001

Lots of people seem to have a sound issue with this title. One of the reasons I'm glad I bought the Xbox version.

Realizing how many people are having problems. I'm assuming the game was rushed to ship with it's console counterparts. Sad really.

6. The Thing UK? Nov 5, 2002, 04:55 Lt

I bought a copy in Europe and the patch doesn't work anyone know where I can get the patch for the UK version (as it says it's different when I try to run the patch %))??

thanks in advance

Lt.

5. same here Aug 25, 2002, 10:22 Panick

Same here though it was just me.

Altough i have the same problem after the patch, cant runt the game Galewind, u just reinstalled, patched and then it worked?

4. Heh... Aug 23, 2002, 07:24 Ray Marden

...I thought that the sound problem was just me. I enabled anisotropic filtering and Quincunx (with no painfully obvious performance hits - w00t!) for a bit and the sound dropped out whenever I had dialogue with the main characters. I disabled those when I got to a later area and the sound cambe back; I presumed they were the cause.

Off to install and go help keep my squad alive :),
Ray

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am thankful for all the cranky folks on Usenet, who keep us humble every single day by reminding us that we suck. -Jeff Green

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

3. Wow Aug 23, 2002, 00:42 galewind

They sure did fix those minor bugs -- I went from "hearing heartbeats instead of cutscenes" to "Runtime Error in TheThing.exe" Thanks Vivendi for another great rush-out-the-door release!

<edit>
Well, after a hearty reinstallation and reconfiguration, I got it to run. It's much better now that I can actually hear speaking in the cutscenes instead of a loud heartbeat
</edit>

This comment was edited on Aug 23, 01:15.

2. Re: Speedy! Aug 22, 2002, 21:44 BUCKFUTTER

While disturbing it is good, because they are on top of the "minor" glitches rather then leaving it for a long time and making you play with the glitches.

1. Speedy! Aug 22, 2002, 20:55 PlayfulPuppy

Christ, it's disturbing when a game get's patch only a day or two after it's realeased! ... and at 3.1MB it must fix a fair bit...

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo