Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Wolfenstein Enters Enemy Territory Alone

There's a Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory Q&A on Computer and Video Games talking with id Software CEO Todd Hollenshead and Activision producer Jonathan Moses about Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. It turns out the decision has been made to release Enemy Territory as a stand-alone game, something the article deals with as common knowledge, though this is the first we can recall of this revelation. They discuss the reasoning behind changing Enemy Territory from an add-on, how it will not include the original RtCW, bot AI, the squad-based single-player campaign, the storyline, modification support, their price point, and more.

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. No subject Aug 7, 2002, 18:31 anon@24.168

I don't really care about the cost, I have a job, and PC games are the reason (well rent, food, car factor in a bit). What I don't want to see is compatibility broken between the new game and the existing RtCW!!! The add on better work with existing RtCW Maps and servers!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. ?! Aug 7, 2002, 15:29 anon@217.41

The way most of you guys are talking it's like you've seen it, played it and judged it. How many levels has it got? How many game modes? How complex are the missions? How big is the singleplayer campaign? None of these questions have been answered and each matters immensley as to whether it is value for money.

Me? I'll wait until it comes out before accusing id of f*@!ing anyone in the ass

26. Re: Haha Aug 7, 2002, 13:21 anon@61.9

Stingy bunch aren't ya. Just consider yourselves lucky you don't live elsewhere - i.e Australia where all games are $80-100  

25. Re: Haha Aug 7, 2002, 12:38 anon@209.86

Yeah really! I bought RTCW for $32 at Best Buy a few weeks after its release.  

24. Haha Aug 7, 2002, 10:20 anon@65.89

Where do you arseholes buy your software anyway? EB? I've never paid more than $35 for a new title, and I never will.

Suckers... if you can't wait a week or two for a sale, you deserve to be raped.

23. Re: Sigh ... Aug 7, 2002, 09:30 anon@12.105

Pricing the game even at $40 would mean that most of us will have paid $100 on -- essentially -- the same game.

I enjoyed playing RTCW, but felt ripped off when it was through. I expected a lot more content for my $60 -- which is more than I've ever paid for a new release.

I'll be buying the add-on, but only when I see the sucker in the cut-out bin next to Half Life: Blue Shift.

22. Re: Sigh ... Aug 7, 2002, 06:43 anon@62.30

#21 Are you sure The Reckoning (Xatrix's Q2 mission pack) got poor reviews?? It was certainly popular and well received - and there were enough servers running it.

And did Ground Zero get better acclaim?? I'm sure it didn't - and deservedly so as as it was a pile of shit in comparison.

Rogue, however, did redeem themselves with Alice...

21. Re: Sigh ... Aug 7, 2002, 00:54 anon@207.12

As far as grey matter is concerned, when they were Xatrix, they made a Q2 expansion that got poor reviews. I actually played the other Q2 expansion quite a bit, Ground Zero. It got quite a bit better reviews. It also shipped with lots of MP maps and some cool new weapons. I wonder what happened to ROgue? Maybe if things would have went different,t hey would be developing ID engine games now.  

20. Re: Sigh ... Aug 7, 2002, 00:49 anon@207.12

Ok I apoligize. I wasnt aware Grey Matter was no longer in charge of this title. I dont really care whats in it, Its not a new game and isnt worth 50bucks  

19. Re: Sigh ... Aug 7, 2002, 00:27 Zeus

you dumbfuck #11... Grey Matter has nothing to do with Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. They developed the sp portion of RTCW and were cut loose after that.

18. No subject Aug 6, 2002, 22:06 Pete

this sounds to me like its gonna be cs:condition zero but set in the 40's.

Doin' it Big

17. Re: Sigh ... Aug 6, 2002, 19:30 Xombie

There are already drivable vehicles in both Q3Rally and Jedi Knight II.  
Xombie x0mbie x0mb|e Xombie

16. Re: Sigh ... Aug 6, 2002, 19:03 anon@216.221

reeeeeeowwww, excess bitchiness detected !!!

LOL!

15. Re: Sigh ... Aug 6, 2002, 18:54 Bronco

Did anybody even read the interview?

-It *does* include bots.

I don't care if the new stand alone product includes bots. I was under the impression, obviously a mistaken one, that bot support was going to be added to the original RtCW. Not made available via an add-on pak or stand alone for that matter. I'll wait for it to go on sale before I buy it. I def won't be buying it a 'one price level below new release' - whatever that means.

-TPFKAS2S

-TPFKAS2S

14. Re: Sigh ... Aug 6, 2002, 17:37 Mapp

"Ya well I think Xatrix/Grey Matter is a lazy development company IMO. Ok lets look at what is bieng "added" "

So in one post, you're mad if they don't add these things. But then you're doubly madwhen they do. It's a win-win situation for you and your cranky ass.

13. Re: Sigh ... Aug 6, 2002, 17:37 anon@194.117

drivable vehicles in a q3 engine game? like thats gonna work...this title is a cul-de-sac  

12. Re: Sigh ... Aug 6, 2002, 17:26 anon@66.189

reeeeeeowwww, excess bitchiness detected !!!  

11. Re: Sigh ... Aug 6, 2002, 17:15 anon@207.12

Ya well I think Xatrix/Grey Matter is a lazy development company IMO. Ok lets look at what is bieng "added"

1. Bots (big deal I can d/l bots of every variety for any game out there, every game has bots.
2. Isnt full priced (well damn, by the time it comes out, the engine will be 3.5 years old, and they didnt even make it anyways. And what is full priced, 60bucks? Come on, thats a rip off.)
3. 2 new Classes (Oh ya whoopie. There are 20 free q3mods out with half a dozen classes apiece that have more depth than any RtCW class. One is completly revamped engineer? what u can carry heavy weapons now? OR call in your own airstrikes? I bet the second one is CEO, where u get to kick back in the bunker and fuck over your teamates for cash.)
4. Hehe. Like thats something groundbreaking.

10. No subject Aug 6, 2002, 17:14 anon@24.70

If it's cheap, I'd buy it, seeing as how I sold RtCW on eBay months ago.  

9. Re: Sigh ... Aug 6, 2002, 17:13 anon@12.221

it wont be full price...

Are you looking to a full price release?

Hollenshead: No, actually it will be... well, I'm not really educated on what the UK price structure is, but in the US, for example, dollar-wise, top line products come out at 55 or 60 bucks, so the target is to have it at a price point one level below that.

In that sentence... with all the double talk he says that it wont be 60, but below that... so 45-50 instead of 55-60 WOW.... big difference Whatever

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo