Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I finally got to see Pearl Harbor (AKA Tora Tora Tora: Twora) over the weekend, as it's finally made its way to cable (where it belongs). All I can say is Jon Voight looked more like FDR when he was playing Howard Cosell. Hell, he looked more like FDR in Tomb Raider. In fact Angelina Jolie... no, maybe I'm taking that too far.

Play Time Fly The Copter (Flash required). Thanks Dude..[AMMO]. Very similar to a previous play time, but hey...
Story of the Day: Apology for 'Roasted Nuts' psychiatric hospital fire headline. Thanks Frottage.
Nigerian women threaten nude protest. Thanks mulet.
Image of the Day: The Crab Nebula from VLT. thanks Zdim, who adds, "Blammo!"

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: No subject Jul 16, 2002, 12:03 BicycleRepairMan

What's everyone got against Ben Affleck? Sheesh.

I think he's a desent actor...

I think that other guy in PH is much worse, I dont know which boyband he got kicked out from but im sure its gotta be one of the worst. gee, writing this brings back alot of painful memories about those three hours that i will never get back. Its almost as bad as listening to a Creed or P.O.D song. It just really hurts.

-------------------------------------
"I am a Fucked-up individual"
-Iggy Pop (live at Norwegian Wood 02)
This comment was edited on Jul 16, 12:04.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. fish lips Jul 16, 2002, 08:16 Armengar

eeew. very nasty. like kissing a trout. (yes it was a dare, no it wasnt funny, yes I did spew.)

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

22. Re: Protest. Jul 16, 2002, 04:16 anon@216.239

DOGMA is awsome, at least Afflack has Matt Damon in all his scenes as a sort of shock absorber...

Tbh, I thought the 'animal biscuits' in Armageedon was the worst 'love scene' ever. that was until I saw Eps2, and the 'in front of the fire' scene.... Ewwwww.

- Jar.

Love Me, Love My Amiga - http:www.jaruzel.com

21. Re: No subject Jul 15, 2002, 22:23 LwoodPDowd

While I agree that collagen filled lips are nasty, hers are naturally that full. Anyone who doesn't appreciate lips that full has never gotten a hummer from a girl with full lips.

My e. coli cures cancer!

Playing with yeast to help you live longer!
My e. coli cures cancer!

20. Re: Protest. Jul 15, 2002, 21:18 anon@148.78

Oh my GOD. Dont even get me started about DOGMA ....should be renamed "DOGSHIT"

Affleck is steadily skyrocketing past Keanu Reeves on number of worst movies made.

19. Re: Protest. Jul 15, 2002, 20:49 Ojam

very true, I was thinking the same thing.

18. Re: No subject Jul 15, 2002, 19:31 Bronco

I actually like the second part even better...

I was 17 when that movie came out. I remember being amazed at the way the MC tore a person down to their base instincts and built them back up. I read an interview of some Marine recruits that had just finished their basic and they stated that the movie had it cold.

Spooky for a high school senior that watched the gulf war break while on vacation, drinking with friends in a rented beach house on the Jersey shore.

Wow was that a long time ago. I'll just have to rent that one again.

-TPFKAS2S

-TPFKAS2S

17. No subject Jul 15, 2002, 18:56 anon@24.52

I don't think Afflack is the worst actor in the world, I just think he is in some of the worst movies ever made. Armageddon and PH.

Micheal Bay has got to be one of the worst directors around. Throw in every chiche you can, but noone will notice. This is because I will change the camera angle every 5 seconds to make everything look exciting.

Note to Micheal Bay and Tony Scott. Stop trying to be Riddley Scott, because u are not.

Dork rant over!

16. No subject Jul 15, 2002, 16:12 ThrasherX9

What's everyone got against Ben Affleck? Sheesh.

I think he's a desent actor...

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 16:12.

15. Re: No subject Jul 15, 2002, 15:40 BicycleRepairMan

The first half of that movie is awesome...
I actually like the second part even better...

..because inside every gook, theres an American trying to get out...

How can you shoot women and children?!!... Easy, you just dont lead them so much...whaha.. Aint war hell!

And then there is the mickemouse-club-song, and Rolling stones masterpiece, "Paint it, Black", to finish the whole thing, absolutely brilliant

14. Re: Protest. Jul 15, 2002, 15:02 anon@62.253

Anyone who's seen Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (another film with Ben Affleck in) will be aware of the irony of this post.

MoviePoopchute.com

13. No subject Jul 15, 2002, 15:01 anon@24.66

Fly the copter again! WTF! Man, blue, you sold out. j/k  

12. Re: No subject Jul 15, 2002, 14:16 Bronco

If you're going to see a movie about war, go see Full Metal Jacket

The first half of that movie is awesome...

PYLE!

-TPFKAS2S

-TPFKAS2S

11. Oh man Jul 15, 2002, 14:16 anon@216.221

You people whining about Affleck and stuff are all nerds.  

10. Protest. Jul 15, 2002, 14:01 anon@165.247

Let us protest Ben Affleck being in the new movie "The DareDevil" by threatening the director with a traditional and powerful shaming gesture -- removing our clothes. Our weapon is our nakedness! Who's with me? When we done we can view the astronomy picture of the day. Each day a different image or photograph of our fascinating universe is featured, along with a brief explanation written by a professional astronomer. Ah, professional astronomer, not some two-bit punk with an "A.A." degree in astronomy. Nudity and astronomy together atlast.  

9. No subject Jul 15, 2002, 13:34 BicycleRepairMan

"as it's finally made its way to cable (where it belongs). "

Pearl harbor is by far worst piece of shit i have ever seen and it doesn't "belong" anywhere. In fact, the entire piece of crap should have been forbidden on the grounds of mocking of history and being a pure insult to all the brave men and women who fought and lost their lives for freedom in WW2.

If you're going to see a movie about war, go see Full Metal Jacket

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 13:35.

8. "I'm not gonna make it...I'm so cold" Jul 15, 2002, 12:34 theAntiELVIS

PH is an excellent movie to play "Count The Cliches" with.

They should have cut everything except the actual attack, which was great.

Too long. Too stupid. Too Affleck-ted with every old war movie cliche in existence. I kept waiting for the stuttering guy to get a letter from home, and then die thirty seconds later. I'll bet that one was in the script and got cut only because the sound was bad or something.

-tAE-

7. Re: I now hate Stars Jul 15, 2002, 12:22 Outlaw Josey Wales

If you fell asleep when Afflack (insert annoying, squacking, insurance selling duck here for sound of how to really pronounce his name) wait a few months.. He is playing DareDevil.. I have a feeling that the worst thing ever is being produced right now and will soon be out in theaters.. tho, the movie version of DareDevil does have one redeeming factor.. Jennifer Garner plays Elektra, see this web link for picture of her : http://ffmedia.ign.com/daredevil/image/jennifer_garner_elektra2-lg.jpg

and just for sh*ts and giggles.. one of Afflack http://ffmedia.ign.com/daredevil/image/dd_costume1.jpg

Rounding out the cast, Micheal Clark Duncan as The Kingpin, and one last picture to prove to the folks that im not kidding.. http://ffmedia.ign.com/daredevil/image/daredevil-johnson-affleck-garner_sm.jpg

Dunno who the director is, but he has one hell of a handicap with afflack working on the film

Daredevil was one of my favorite comics and I'm gonna get downright mad dog mean if they screw this up.

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 12:24.

“How about a nap, a bath and sex with a unfamiliar woman?”
—Cy Tolliver to Andy Cramed

6. Re: No subject Jul 15, 2002, 11:55 anon@12.2

can't.... stand.... her lips. COLLAGEN FILLED LIPS ARE NASTY!!! they look like fat bloated earthworms ewwwwww!!!!  

5. Helicopter Game Jul 15, 2002, 11:52  Bagpuss 

That game is evvviiilll I tells ya, don't play it, you'll not put it down for days. We lost days of productivity here in the office as we tried to trump each others score.

- Bagpuss
http://www.chatbear.com/
Get your own free messageboard today (just like this one!)

- Bagpuss
http://richardsmith.me/

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo