Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

America's Army Recon Demo

A bit earlier than anticipated, NVIDIA is the first site to offer downloads of the Recon demo of America's Army: Operations, the free first-person shooter game that was developed by the U.S. Army using the Unreal engine. The Recon demo requires a whopping 203.9 MB download, and offers "four single player basic training missions including a rifle range, obstacle course and weapons course," as well as "six multiplayer missions including a homeland defense operation, urban training, freeing prisoners, and protecting against an act of ecological terrorism." Word from HomeLan Fed is that the login authorization and multiplayer servers are not due to be launched until the original release time of 3:00 AM EDT (midnight PDT) though. Further mirrors can be expected on the official site by that time as well. Update: Mirrors are already online at FilePlanet (registration required) and 3D Gamers.

View
428 Replies. 22 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

428. tüp bebek ankara May 17, 2008, 15:36 kardelen133

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 3, 20:45.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

427. Re: No subject Dec 23, 2004, 12:16 Tim

What am i doing

I can't wait for a real eugenics movement, i'm bored by short people.

426. Re: November Elections Jun 27, 2004, 17:24 JoeCool

Well its been a while but it looks like Bush is a failure and the Iraq war was based on lies.

425. Re: November Elections Sep 7, 2003, 19:40 Wazootyman

Well he was right...

424. November Elections Sep 25, 2002, 09:41 Politically Censored

A VOTE FOR GREEN IS A VOTE FOR BUSH. ELECT YOUR DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATES IN THE NOVEMBER ELECTIONS OR WE'RE GOING TO GO TO WAR WITH IRAQ.

423. Re: Dribble Aug 4, 2002, 12:44 anon@148.78

you know...women are b1tches and all....but i often wonder how many wars we be fighting in the planet earth if there were no men around

women are on my nuts but still...i consider them to be less on my nuts than men

422. Dribble Aug 3, 2002, 22:18 anon@211.28

Fark...after responding to the first post then reading the rest...i had to sit back and laugh my farking head off....man get over it...yeah i kinda like Hearts ice cream or Hokey Pokey...hehehe  

421. Re: On A Dead Thread... Aug 3, 2002, 22:14 anon@211.28

Graphics a average probably because u aint set it up right..or u have a crap card. What political and social crap...oh..not like SoF2..now there is a social unacceptable game.
Because u can't make it to sniper training is your own lameness mate lol.
I haven't seen another fps as good...not RS, not CS...forget Mohaa...this is one that has everyone bar a few hooked.

420. Re: On A Dead Thread... Jul 12, 2002, 09:12 anon@193.198

True enough this is a gaming site. And we're talking about
America's Army. I meanwhat else is there to talk about except the political and social crap that this game is neck deep in. Should we talk about its average graphics?
Maybe its nonexistent story-line? How about its originality
and great gameplay?
*Sneers*..........oh common....

419. On A Dead Thread... Jul 11, 2002, 13:54 Politically Censored

#414 - well, I dunno how Vietnam was a war over oil, was more to stop the spread of comunism and Soviet influence...

"Moreover, the official Russian RIA news agency quoted Khristenko as saying that VSP's geologists reassessed reserves of Vietsovpetro's main oil field, Bach Ho (White Tiger). According to previous estimates, the off-shore oil field contained 430 million tons of oil, while recently the figure was raised up to 498 million tons.

Initially discovered by Mobil in the closing months of Vietnam War drama in late 1974, basement reservoirs off the South Vietnam shores proved to be viable sources of oil and gas."

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Central_Asia/DG12Ag01.html

Was it?

418. ? Jul 11, 2002, 00:31 anon@64.231

this is still going? OMG man  

417. Re: No subject Jul 11, 2002, 00:23 Disembodied Voice

I like the ice cream myself. It has to be Rocky Road or I get the hives.

416. Re: Yellow Press Jul 11, 2002, 00:21 Disembodied Voice

LOL, the internet news sites are the liberal media. How about some game talk or are you only interested in acting as an all-knowing creature of incredible enlightenment? LMFAO!

415. Re: Yellow Press Jul 11, 2002, 00:19 anon@68.11

If we criticize this stupid little "war," we're not being un-American. America is its citizens, not its government. The Americans who make hostile attempts to squash others' opinions are the only ones being un-American.  

414. Anon Weenies Jul 11, 2002, 00:17 Disembodied Voice

Please please please can we have game discussion. I want to talk about this game with some others who are interested in it. There are so many anon assholes here I have to sift five pages to find any game talk. AOL and Yahoo have TONS of chat rooms for you dolts...go find other dimwits like yourselves and chat all night long. Leave this site for the gamers. Paper tigers and polisci/warfare/culture experts all of you. One whiff of gunpowder and you girls would go running, screaming for mercy and telling your attackers whatever they wanted to hear. Please...with all the fuck USA chat, you morons dont like the USA thats fine, go back to your sandpit homes and chant away. Leave this site for the gamers.

413. Re: Yellow Press Jul 10, 2002, 22:56 Politically Censored

You dimwits would believe the moon was made of lasagna if you read it online.

And you would believe anything the 'liberal' media prints, broadcasts or tells you to be true. Even political figures have confessed to finding information off the internet before they received a memo.

412. Re: Yellow Press Jul 10, 2002, 22:26 anon@24.76

"again, same as above.. and the these products are the foundation of all comerce, to switch from them you'de need to have something better ready and waiting to replace it or the US economy/quality of life would go down the toilet. "

the biggest user of oil is transport.

http://wired.com/wired/archive/10.08/fuelcellcars.html
This article covers some of the history of alternative fuel sorces, basically its just that stupid americans (50% of americans) want SUVs. And as long as car companies can produce SUVs with 12 MPG the dependancy on oil will still be there.

411. Re: Yellow Press Jul 10, 2002, 21:39 anon@209.244

anon@63.208 - That's all very interesting and the way you explain it makes it all make some sort of sense, but what about the underlying reason that these wars have been created in the first place. Access to petroleum products and other natural resources that are located within these regions. I realise that if it wasn't the U.S., it would only be someone else. But, as long as we're dependant on fossil fuels, alternate sources of energy will not become widely utilized. Eliminate the need for these products and you eliminate the need for conflict.

well, I dunno how Vietnam was a war over oil, was more to stop the spread of comunism and Soviet influence (that region dose have usefull resources the Soviets could have used, that what you mean?). The Afghan-Russian war was mostly over land and oil I guess (for the russians anyways), had the US not helped the Afghans repel the Russian invasion, they would have taken it over, then Pakistan and other nations would fall as well I'd think. The Soviets would probably extend all the way down to the gulf, set up sea ports there and control most of the region, had they pulled that off the Soviet union would probably not have crumbeled and would still be around today.. perhaps more than strong enough to take on the U.S and win (had they become fanatical enough to endure the massive loses from a full nuclear strike). So considering what the Soviet union was and how it behaved, stoping them was definitly a good thing. As for the over-all fighting for resources issue, I don't think it's exclusivly that, it's a secondary issue in a lot of wars I'd say.. spread control, expand.. AND have the 'bonus' of taking extra resources. Although some sites are perticularly rich and can influence people to attack to attempt to seize them, coal deposits in Yugoslavia for example, fought over for a long time, one of the first thing Hitler tried to take in WWII.. and I think reacently taken over by Nato after the 'war' there (by military force? noooo... they did it because they were causing too much polutin.. hehe, that war.. I mean 'Armed conflict' was total bull s*** in my opinion btw). Gulf war was US defending it's oil supplies yes. I don't nescesearly see anything wrong with that though, a country needs to defend it's self, and since we are very dependant on fossil fuels, having their suplies in danger could devestate the U.S making it fall apart like the Soviets did.. bunch of poor people, and a weak un-paid army siting on some nukes, backed up by slowly degrading military equipment. Obviously we don't want that so we protect all of our intrests, including economic ones.

"as long as we're dependant on fossil fuels, alternate sources of energy will not become widely utilized."

Yes, but I'd argue that we are dependent on fossil fuels BECAUSE alternate sources of energy aren't widely avalible.. I don't think it's some conspiracy to keep using fossil fuels, if the US could cheaply produce energy for itself and not have to worry about getting into tricky conflicts to secure oil they'de do it. But what else is there? Solar and wind is a joke, weak and unreliable.. etc Some others provide good power (Hydrogen fuel cells etc) but they're expensive, and in some cases (if using some of these alternate high power energy sources) if you crash your car for example, could take out a city block in the process hehe.. so it's not that simple.

"Eliminate the need for these products and you eliminate the need for conflict."

again, same as above.. and the these products are the foundation of all comerce, to switch from them you'de need to have something better ready and waiting to replace it or the US economy/quality of life would go down the toilet.

P.S All you complainers knock it off, what Army game? what do you think this is a gaming site? we're tying to discuse relevant issues here.

410. Re: No subject Jul 10, 2002, 20:18 Captain Beatdown

Does anyone here like icecream?

Can't get enough of the shit, personally.

409. No subject Jul 10, 2002, 19:44 anon@63.231

Does anyone here like icecream?  

428 Replies. 22 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo