Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

America's Army Recon Demo

A bit earlier than anticipated, NVIDIA is the first site to offer downloads of the Recon demo of America's Army: Operations, the free first-person shooter game that was developed by the U.S. Army using the Unreal engine. The Recon demo requires a whopping 203.9 MB download, and offers "four single player basic training missions including a rifle range, obstacle course and weapons course," as well as "six multiplayer missions including a homeland defense operation, urban training, freeing prisoners, and protecting against an act of ecological terrorism." Word from HomeLan Fed is that the login authorization and multiplayer servers are not due to be launched until the original release time of 3:00 AM EDT (midnight PDT) though. Further mirrors can be expected on the official site by that time as well. Update: Mirrors are already online at FilePlanet (registration required) and 3D Gamers.

View
428 Replies. 22 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

348. Re: once again Jul 8, 2002, 18:44 anon@66.32

"I second that. STFU unless you are talking about THE GAME"

Okay.

America's Army is a boring piece of shit that appeals to people with no taste.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

347. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2002, 18:16 anon@24.50

"I really wish that I could comply with your request to STFU, and if it were any other video game I would, but my tax dollars helped finance this game and I believe I have a right to protest. Nothing personal."

oh please. spare me the BS. its part of the recruiting budget from the U.S army. We're getting a computer game rather than more pencils and coffee cups. big waah.

346. Re: once again Jul 8, 2002, 18:11 anon@24.50

I second that. STFU unless you are talking about THE GAME  

345. Re: The truth about the gulf war Jul 8, 2002, 17:54 anon@66.32

The Gulf War was really about Iraq trying to protect their oil. Kuwait had been slant-drilling into Iraqi soil for some time. Since Kuwait was friendlier with us than Iraq, we chose the side that started the whole conflict.  

344. Re: The truth about the gulf war Jul 8, 2002, 17:25 Term

So regardless of whether I'm an American, German, Russian or whatever, I'm going to state my opinion if you like it or not.

Right on, dude! Even though I don't necessarily agree with your strong political POV, I highly appreciate your approach towards discussing. If I wouldn't have made a counterpoint in that "whiney eurotrash" thing going on a couple of pages ago, many more would've mindlessly jumped that train and feed the general ignorance towards everything non-american. Sure, my opinion doesn't make a change to most of the readers, but fortunately the stupid bullshit being posted by many americans in here doesn't do so, either. You speak your mind out, so do I.

By the way do you cheer for your soccer team-probably, do you cheer and feel pride when Germans win gold medals (especially at winter Olympics)- probably.

Nope. You expect me to be that dumb to post about false pride if I cheer with my soccer team on the other hand? In fact I enjoyed the soccer final last weekend a lot and the better team won. After that I met with my brazilian friends in my hometown and celebrated the worldcup with them. Sure, this is a whiney eurotrash thing, but if I'd have to choose between coming along well with the people I meet or be drilled in a propaganda game from my army who wants to teach me that war is an awful ot of fun... well, you can guess my choice.

We can't help it that you're German and have no comprehension of pride in your nationality- that is your problem so just go live with it.

See, that's the point, you presume that it's a problem to lack national pride, but let me tell you that it makes things much easier, especially when you personally have to come along with people from all over the world. You can bury yourself in national pride, lick your own balls just because they're american, but that'll just turn you biased towards other nationalities, just like I've read it a hundred times on this thread - and that's what makes me sick and forced me to post in the first place.

343. once again Jul 8, 2002, 17:24 anon@64.231

I have to tell u guys to STFU, I really am sick of all the VERBAL MASTERBATION going on here. get on topic beeatchhes

BTW:
America's Army is a VERY sweet game, IF you can get on a server.

If u have nothing to say about AA:O then STFU!

342. Ok, what about the game.....? Jul 8, 2002, 16:51 anon@65.209

Does anyone know why the servers for the MOUT training were down all weekend? You'd think they'd be prepared for a bombardment especially when the game is free......I also understand network issues but I couldn't get onto any server all weekend long......  

341. To people who took part in the flame war Jul 8, 2002, 16:36 Quaternion

Chill out!

Thanks. Have a nice day.

340. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2002, 16:26 Politically Censored

"Everyone talking about "stupid Americans" or "stupid Europeans", please STFU. This is a G-A-M-I-N-G web site, to talk about games, not your lame politics. No one cares about what you say, except the idiots replying with their own crap. You're spamming up the board making it harder to find actual info from users on the mother fucking game itself.

Once again, please STFU. Thank you."

I'll tell you what they've been saying about this game....It sucks and it's gay. Right now while you're trying to play this piece of militaristic propaganda, Louis Farrakhan is over in Iraq telling Iraqi officials that he hopes they bring America to it's knees. I believe you have much larger problems than a video game. Try global armageddon.

"INA quoted the African-American Muslim leader as saying "the Muslim American people are praying to the almighty God to grant victory to Iraq."

Saleh was quoted by INA as urging common effort among the Muslims of the world to "expose the American and Zionist crimes toward the people of Iraq and Palestine.""

I really wish that I could comply with your request to STFU, and if it were any other video game I would, but my tax dollars helped finance this game and I believe I have a right to protest. Nothing personal.

339. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2002, 16:05 anon@62.252

LOL ... U guys..lol, 18 page, What a response....lol  

338. No subject Jul 8, 2002, 16:04 anon@4.47

Everyone talking about "stupid Americans" or "stupid Europeans", please STFU. This is a G-A-M-I-N-G web site, to talk about games, not your lame politics. No one cares about what you say, except the idiots replying with their own crap. You're spamming up the board making it harder to find actual info from users on the mother fucking game itself.

Once again, please STFU. Thank you.

337. Re: The reason this thread is so long... Jul 8, 2002, 15:55 Mashiki Amiketo

#322;

"The reason this thread is so long... Jul 8, 11:04 anon@209.98

.. is because every American just 'has to have their say'

You gotta make us hear your point of view.

You gotta open your big, fat, uneducated, lazy-ass ignorant mouths (fingers)."

Would you care to guess why? Or would you rather ramble stupidly like you just did. The nice thing is, you can say whatever in the 9 hells you want, but everyone around you has the right to ignore whatever you say.

It's a nice fact of life isn't it? I mean, you can listen or you can ignore it. Bloody childer that you are, bah. Go back to your little hole, and when you need some help next time remeber don't go and ask the american's after all you seem to hold them in such low regard.

Bloody idiots.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

336. Re: The reason this thread is so long... Jul 8, 2002, 15:26 Politically Censored

...and in pointing this out, you yourself, post your opinion on me posting mine, and so on and so forth.

Who gives a crap. That's what message boards are for... discussion. If you're uncomfortable with that, maybe you should ask yourself why you're in here. To be negative and contribute absolutely nothing? Or would you rather try and do something constructive with your time, like say, um, I don't know, discuss your views with people who have similar interests as yourself and maybe learn something new.

That's one of the problems with America, noone really has conversation anymore because we're all afraid of being wrong, having to listen to a dissenting opinion, or saying the wrong thing and being misjudged. So eventually you become apatheic to everything and all of your opinions are fed to you from the media and your opinion becomes popular opinion and you wake up one day and you're in the middle of a global conflict for natural resources being paraded around as a war on terrorism that you've been told will have no end. And if you're opposeed to war, you become unpatriotic and the bad guy and to be honest I'm fed up with it.

So regardless of whether I'm an American, German, Russian or whatever, I'm going to state my opinion if you like it or not. You can either start a discussion or continue with you little posts, which don't achieve anything other than to isolate yourself from the rest of the people on this board that have something to say.

335. Re: The reason this thread is so long... Jul 8, 2002, 14:21 anon@209.98

... and yet thus you continue to post to try to reinforce your own point of view.

Priceless.

334. Re: The truth about the gulf war Jul 8, 2002, 14:05 anon@216.165

Agreed #261. The gulf war was all about oil. That and Georgie senior was up for re-election, he needed a war under his belt to keep his right-est constituency happy and validate overspending on the military.  

333. Re: The truth about the gulf war Jul 8, 2002, 13:52 anon@208.60

Term, just keep your ideas to yourself no-one cares. And now that you have "officially" uninstalled the game-find another thread or plan to talk about the game you uninstalled. We can't help it that you're German and have no comprehension of pride in your nationality- that is your problem so just go live with it.

By the way do you cheer for your soccer team-probably, do you cheer and feel pride when Germans win gold medals (especially at winter Olympics)- probably. Do you play for the soccer team or ski in the Olympics- NEGATIVE. So give up on the arguement about who personally does anything and feels a sense of pride because it is too thin to make any sense.

332. Re: The truth about the gulf war Jul 8, 2002, 13:52 anon@208.60

Term, just keep your ideas to yourself no-one cares. And now that you have "officially" uninstalled the game-find another thread or plan to talk about the game you uninstalled. We can't help it that you're German and have no comprehension of pride in your nationality- that is your problem so just go live with it.

By the way do you cheer for your soccer team-probably, do you cheer and feel pride when Germans win gold medals (especially at winter Olympics)- probably. Do you play for the soccer team or ski in the Olympics- NEGATIVE. So give up on the arguement abpout who personally does anything and feels a sense of pride because it is too thin to make any sense.

331. Re: The truth about the gulf war Jul 8, 2002, 13:33 Term

See, that's what makes this whole "pride in your country" debate so obsolete and ridiculous: it's just plain stupid! Why should I show any of you americans in here personally any more respect than others? After all you're just geeky computer playing nerds, just as I am, you just happened to be born in another land. I have respect for what the US achieved, I also respect all the masterminds who came out of Germany for the past centuries, but let's face it: none of us did anything to build up our countries so please stop behaving as if you have any importance for the sake of the world... you simply don't!

I doubt that any of you personally did anything to protect me here in Germany from being overrun by Russia or Afghanistan, I also doubt that any of you either invented Mc Donalds or Fish & Chips (I like both food... but to be honest I could go very well without it). So please stop that goddamn "proud for this, you owe me that" shit because personally we don't owe each other anything and all you upset americans bashing on europe or any other civilised country haven't probably achieved half of what I did in my life... the point is that it doesn't matter. Ok, off my soapbox and up to work for my american boss

BTW, I just uninstalled this propaganda game today, it's just no fun. I don't quite get how so many people still go for that hyperrealistic game concepts, to me a game should be fun. But when a drill instructor doesn't allow any movement and I just have to follow stupid orders for ages, I don't see the recreation aspect of it? I can almost see the next step in this evolution of realism simulators: you get shot in virtual combat, but instead of respawning the game uninstalls itself immediately, the CD doesn't run anymore and your HD gets nuked. Bah!

But after all it was a nice insight of the latest Unreal tech...

330. Shoot the Dog Jul 8, 2002, 13:32 anon@199.71

>>this empire is going to CRUMBLE. Just wait and see, the >>world is getting sick of US bullshit and

Right on! I would encourage everyone to download the new George Michael song (you can see the video at http://www.aegean.net/ ) The song rocks! Boycott all radio stations who REFUSE to play it.

329. Re: It could happen to you... Jul 8, 2002, 13:03 anon@12.89

FREE KEVIN AND CONNECTION FAILED IS AWSOME IF EVERY GAME I PLAY ONLINE WAS LIKE THAT I"LL NEVER NEED A NEW GAME EVER!  

428 Replies. 22 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo