Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

America's Army Recon Demo

A bit earlier than anticipated, NVIDIA is the first site to offer downloads of the Recon demo of America's Army: Operations, the free first-person shooter game that was developed by the U.S. Army using the Unreal engine. The Recon demo requires a whopping 203.9 MB download, and offers "four single player basic training missions including a rifle range, obstacle course and weapons course," as well as "six multiplayer missions including a homeland defense operation, urban training, freeing prisoners, and protecting against an act of ecological terrorism." Word from HomeLan Fed is that the login authorization and multiplayer servers are not due to be launched until the original release time of 3:00 AM EDT (midnight PDT) though. Further mirrors can be expected on the official site by that time as well. Update: Mirrors are already online at FilePlanet (registration required) and 3D Gamers.

View
428 Replies. 22 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

28. XBox Entries Jul 3, 2002, 22:59  GreenMarine 

No, they are just lazy. Those are default .ini entries in the source .ini that ships with the Unreal engine to licensees. The Unreal engine can run on the XBox and it has its own .ini entries for a few system things and the developers of this game didn't go through and clean out default entries they wouldn't be using.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: those missions: Jul 3, 2002, 22:57 [< The GREAT SATAN >]

oooooooh.... interestin..

Heh... they porting this to Xbox???? look in the default.ini file..

"[XboxDrv.XboxClient]
TextureDetail=Medium
SkinDetail=Medium
LightmapDetail=High
TextureMinLOD=6
TextureMaxLOD=9
Brightness=0.8
Contrast=0.7
Gamma=0.8
NoFractalAnim=True

[XBoxAudio.XBoxAudioSubsystem]
ReverseStereo=False
Channels=32
MusicVolume=1.0
SoundVolume=1.0
AmbientFactor=1.0
UsePrecache=True
"

26. muhahah Jul 3, 2002, 22:49 anon@64.216

the army took me out to eat at the restraut of my choice (outback haha) so i could 'think about it' cuz im color blind and they are like horney as fuck for color blind snipers (we spot movment like 100x better than you color seeing freaks and cammo dosnt work on us)  

25. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2002, 22:45 DrEvil

lol @ 24

24. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2002, 22:44 anon@24.118

Just enjoy the free game and shut the hell up! Most of you aren't even old enough to join the army. So quit complaining about a it and go pop some zits or something.  

23. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2002, 22:43 anon@64.216

such idiocy is always fun. The fun part is hes saying this probally wearing american clothes, on an american Pc, and eating american food. Alway I thought all you nut jobs agreed it was the CIA that did that not the army.  

22. Runs good on my rig Jul 3, 2002, 22:41 anon@64.170

Dual 1900 MP
Audigy Gamer
GeForce 3
Tiger MPX
XP Pro
1GB Ram
----------------

Too bad we have to wait until midnight to unlock everything. I suspect that by 4am (judging by the first qualifier) all the hard-cores should be done training and online. Oh, And I'll freely admit that I was geeky enough to pull a perfect score on the rifle range. Only the 2nd try, too.

21. Thanks Blue Jul 3, 2002, 22:39 Bronco

Thats what I like about BN. When the rest of the US is on vacation, there is Frans (not on vacation obviously as he's not a US citizen). Toiling away, making certain that we can d/l this puppy as soon as it is available.

edit - remove my drunken errors (adding more errors of course)

This comment was edited on Jul 3, 22:41.

-TPFKAS2S

20. No subject Jul 3, 2002, 22:31 anon@24.243

Nope no problems with it. I complete the basic marksmanship alread. Try checking the official forums for help.

19. a bug or a feature? Jul 3, 2002, 22:25 anon@66.183

It freezes after few minutes of playing
Anyone else having problems with it?
Don't bother replying if you don't have problems.

18. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2002, 22:23 DrEvil

your about as ignorant as they get # 16

17. No subject Jul 3, 2002, 22:18 anon@213.208

25Kb/sec my ass. I hate you nVidia!!!!  

16. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2002, 22:18 anon@66.185

SO do we get to smuggle weapons & cash to dictators, kill democratically elected presidents of foreign states? Or maybe bomb civilians & allies lol!
Enjoy the crappy propaganda kids... this shit is worst than the propaganda that used to come out of the USSR & in 3D!
The US is the best country on earth so why use such sad tactics. Its enough that they use CNN dish out propaganda which cool since nobody watches that crap station. The US should just say it like it is straight up no frills no sugar coating... we rule we do what we want & F*** the rest!
USA forever!!!

15. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2002, 22:16 DrEvil

anyone know what to hack to get to the other areas without waiting for their gay user system to let u?

14. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2002, 21:45 [< The GREAT SATAN >]

its not bad.. not great.. but not bad...

I like how you CAN KILL THE DRILL INSTRUCTOR AND BE SENT TO A PRISON CELL. THAT WAS FUNNY SHIT....

for some reason the ground and player textures for the sargeant wouldnt show up the weap texture was there and the ones for the trees..and props..

Woop Dee Woop!

"Congradulations soldier, youve qualified as a marksman in the united states army.." i gots som iron cross lookin dealy :p

This comment was edited on Jul 3, 21:56.

13. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2002, 21:38 DrEvil

Correction: apparently the problem is that the page doesnt have the link to file 11

here is the link that they forgot
http://download.nvidia.com/downloads/Army/Split_files/Army.11

it should be on this page http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=army_download with the rest

12. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2002, 21:34 DrEvil

Someone confirm this please, the Nvidia link says that file 10 is 13 megs, when in fact it is 19 meg like the rest. I downloaded all the partial files, ran the merge.bat and the result was a 190 meg file which when I try to open, it wont open. It appears as though the fragmented files are corrupt? Can someone confirm?

11. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2002, 21:32 anon@66.1

its your tax dollars that are paying for it
and i'm sure its part of the militaries ploy to try and get us to all join the army with this propoganda

although itll still probably be fun...if not just worth it for the eye candy

10. No subject Jul 3, 2002, 21:31 anon@12.225

leave it to people to turn anything they can into hate. fling away, message board fecal hurlers!  

9. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2002, 21:27 anon@68.12

you make no sense. moron.  

428 Replies. 22 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo