Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

America's Army Recon Demo

A bit earlier than anticipated, NVIDIA is the first site to offer downloads of the Recon demo of America's Army: Operations, the free first-person shooter game that was developed by the U.S. Army using the Unreal engine. The Recon demo requires a whopping 203.9 MB download, and offers "four single player basic training missions including a rifle range, obstacle course and weapons course," as well as "six multiplayer missions including a homeland defense operation, urban training, freeing prisoners, and protecting against an act of ecological terrorism." Word from HomeLan Fed is that the login authorization and multiplayer servers are not due to be launched until the original release time of 3:00 AM EDT (midnight PDT) though. Further mirrors can be expected on the official site by that time as well. Update: Mirrors are already online at FilePlanet (registration required) and 3D Gamers.

View
428 Replies. 22 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

88. Re: No subject Jul 4, 2002, 12:27 anon@151.200

yeah #85, i can't play any of the infantry missions either  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

87. Re: those missions: Jul 4, 2002, 12:21 Mead

"so, er what kind of an act of ecological terrorism?

Drilling for oil in an Alaskan nature reserve? "

No, drilling for oil under a nearly barren and totally useless 'nature reserve' isn't a good example.

Try: spiking trees so chainsaws fly back and cut loggers in half. Or forcing a family off their entire property because some trespassing econazi found one little 'endangered' snail somewhere on it. Or the Kyoto Protocol.

Now *that's* ecological terrorism.

86. Re: No subject Jul 4, 2002, 11:42 Xombie

Maybe they didn't think you were loyal enough?

Xombie x0mbie x0mb|e Xombie

85. No subject Jul 4, 2002, 11:25 anon@12.225

Anybody else having problems playing the second set of training missions (the infantry one at Fort Mckinny) I click on it and it gives nothing for the background and the history but then gives something about loyalty then kicks me back to the menu...  

84. Re: No subject Jul 4, 2002, 11:11 anon@24.43

Hey DrEvil still don't have anything intelligent to say?
"Taliban sympathiser ? I guess calling you a jackass makes me one of those? dumbass. I got $5 saying your about 12 years old, anyone else wanna take a guess."

See there is no support for Tabibans like you in here kid! I put up some facts & you just put up insults. You know you are 12 year old boy sitting in cave, or just plain dumb. Anyone over the age of 20 can at least put up fact when they disagree with someone but you just spit out insult like a 10 year old school girl who lost her favourite Barbie doll. Grow up kid & get a life leave the PC pop your zits and go out and see the world.

USA forever

83. Re: muhahah Jul 4, 2002, 11:07 Armengar

" the army took me out to eat at the restraut of my choice (outback haha) so i could 'think about it' cuz im color blind and they are like horney as fuck for color blind snipers (we spot movment like 100x better than you color seeing freaks and cammo dosnt work on us)"

Shame you couldnt see the jump light on the plane so missed your drop by a few clicks....

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

82. Re: No subject Jul 4, 2002, 11:06 anon@66.76

#63: exactly...you are a prime example of said behavior.  

81. hehe Jul 4, 2002, 10:54 anon@67.82

got the registration email as soon as i completed the register form just waiting for download to finish only 10 mins left =D  

80. Very nice Jul 4, 2002, 10:07 changingman

I just played a bit of the training (no point as the e-mail hasn't come through with my p/word yet :/). This looks like a very good game. The frontend could do with some work though.

Oh, btw, I downloaded it at the fastest my connection can handle (60kb/s) from a server I never had to pay for. No problems here either

79. Re: No subject Jul 4, 2002, 09:38 anon@68.41

If you bought that Parhelia for 3D gaming I feel for ya. Word is my $200.00+ cheaper Geforce3 Ti200 outperforms your overpriced card. Now if you bought it for 2D or 3D apps then that is a different story......  

78. No subject Jul 4, 2002, 09:00 anon@216.130

off note - my matrox Parhelia card just shiped!! UPS is on its way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111  

77. Axis of Evil Jul 4, 2002, 08:50 Jim

Thou shalt not play this game in the Axis of Evil(TM) or in the "Extended" Axis of Evil(TM):

5. Export Controls. You may not download, use or otherwise export or re-export the Software or any underlying information or technology except in full compliance with all United States and other applicable laws and regulations. In particular, but without limitation, neither the Software nor any underlying information or technology may be downloaded, used or otherwise exported or re-exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Haiti, Iraq, Libya, Yugoslavia, North Korea, Iran, Syria and any other country to which the United States has embargoed goods or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using the Software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
q]

But it doesn't specifically mention the FBI list of international terrorist organizations.

Jim

76. Re: My Opinions Jul 4, 2002, 08:01 anon@65.33

why would they need to please you, you are already recruited? hehe, that does suck, this could turn into a big failure if they dont put servers in the hands of the community  

75. My Opinions Jul 4, 2002, 07:08 anon@80.129

This game is exellent and runs decent on my old 800Mhz with a Geforce2. However it has some MAJOR problems.

1. The army servers just plain SUCK. I live overseas and and pinging to a US East server yields a 300+ server ping. Now your saying this was ment for US citizens not Europeans. Well get this I am a US citizen and I am in the military.

2. The lack of a dedicated server. There's no way to host a server. So basically We're stuck with playing on the Army servers.

3. The use of Gamespy. We all know it we all hate it. Hopefully All-Seeing-Eye will support this.

The game can be a real good one but they dropped the ball here on the dedicated server and lack of in-game browser

74. Re: No subject Jul 4, 2002, 07:01 anon@24.147

yeah well dont forget going to flight school so you can fly a passenger jet into a skyscraper and kill thousands mission  

73. I have a question Jul 4, 2002, 06:34 anon@64.174

I've seen screenshots of this game with characters with no shadows, the dark circle spot, and full blown out real shadows. I'd have a link to images at gamespot, but they have them locked.

Anyone know why they have some pictures with full character shadows and some don't?

72. Re: No subject Jul 4, 2002, 06:25 Hellbinder

the demo was not so hard as I have a Fileplanet personal server.. i DL it at 250k in 15 min

Whats REALLY hard is waiting for the account authoriztion email... that i still have not recieved been 3 hours...

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Geforce 4 Ti 4200 oc 300/513
Win Xp

The Whales name is Bob.

71. Re: No subject Jul 4, 2002, 06:05 anon@80.200

LOL @ #70 and #47  

70. Re: No subject Jul 4, 2002, 05:42 anon@209.100

Wow! I just finished the "Shoot the Retreating Iraqi Troops in the Back" mission with a full "Timothy McVeigh" ranking, and now I'm starting to get into the Thief-type "Steal the Anthrax Spores from Fort Detrick" mission. But what I'm looking forward to is the "Slaughter the Afghan Wedding Ceremony" map coming up...  

69. Re: No subject Jul 4, 2002, 04:31 anon@68.55

#66 - if you read the above article it says "Word from HomeLan Fed is that the login authorization and multiplayer servers are not due to be launched until the original release time of 3:00 AM EDT (midnight PDT)."

Even in this sace the serevrs are probably being overloaded. Wait until the morning and I'm sure everything will be in better shape.

428 Replies. 22 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo