Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

America's Army Recon Demo

A bit earlier than anticipated, NVIDIA is the first site to offer downloads of the Recon demo of America's Army: Operations, the free first-person shooter game that was developed by the U.S. Army using the Unreal engine. The Recon demo requires a whopping 203.9 MB download, and offers "four single player basic training missions including a rifle range, obstacle course and weapons course," as well as "six multiplayer missions including a homeland defense operation, urban training, freeing prisoners, and protecting against an act of ecological terrorism." Word from HomeLan Fed is that the login authorization and multiplayer servers are not due to be launched until the original release time of 3:00 AM EDT (midnight PDT) though. Further mirrors can be expected on the official site by that time as well. Update: Mirrors are already online at FilePlanet (registration required) and 3D Gamers.

View
428 Replies. 22 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

108. Re: Happy 4th of July Jul 4, 2002, 17:24 CIMA-d

"Oh, and America's Army is propaganda. They aren't doing this out of the kindness of their hearts. What better way to up recruitment than to give teenagers a free game with lots of shiny weapons and bearded middle-eastern terrorists to kill? It's a pretty brilliant move on the Army's part. They've finally figured out that calling people up and bothering them after they get out of high school isn't working. "

No shit, sherlock. If you're smart enough to realize this, you are smart enough not to be influenced by it, so shut up and play the game. . . or not, its entirely up to you. Don't you think everyone knows this? Does it matter? Not really. Its still a professionally developed game . . . and its fun . . . that's a lot more that you can say about other game out there.

This comment was edited on Jul 4, 17:26.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

107. Re: Happy 4th of July Jul 4, 2002, 17:20 anon@216.130

Keine schlechte Ansicht für einen Amerikaner und so zynisch wie treffend dazu, nur möchte ich bemerken, daß es schade ist, das Du diesen Post nicht lesen kannst da Dein Amerikanismus es Dir verbiete Fremdsprachen zu lernen.

A bad opinion for an American and as zynisch as appropriate in addition, only I would not like to notice that it unfortunate is, to learn you this post office read cannot your Americaism it you forbid there foreign languages.

106. Re: Happy 4th of July Jul 4, 2002, 17:07 anon@145.254

Keine schlechte Ansicht für einen Amerikaner und so zynisch wie treffend dazu, nur möchte ich bemerken, daß es schade ist, das Du diesen Post nicht lesen kannst da Dein Amerikanismus es Dir verbiete Fremdsprachen zu lernen.
:-)

105. Happy 4th of July Jul 4, 2002, 16:58 anon@66.32

"such idiocy is always fun. The fun part is hes saying this probally wearing american clothes, on an american Pc, and eating american food."

American clothes and PCs are like Santa Claus -- they don't exist. American PC manufacturers like Gateway and Dell use parts that were manufactured overseas. What really makes me laugh is knowing that most flag-wavers are wearing clothes that were manufactured in communist China. And seeing as how America is only a little over 200 years old and populated mainly by people whose ancestors immigrated here from other continents, very little of what we eat was actually created in America.

Oh, and America's Army is propaganda. They aren't doing this out of the kindness of their hearts. What better way to up recruitment than to give teenagers a free game with lots of shiny weapons and bearded middle-eastern terrorists to kill? It's a pretty brilliant move on the Army's part. They've finally figured out that calling people up and bothering them after they get out of high school isn't working.

104. Re: No subject Jul 4, 2002, 16:20 anon@148.78

I just want to send out a message to all you bitches....my name is "Private_Corporal_KILLER" and im going to shoot all of your asses inside this game....come and get me online

103. Re: No subject Jul 4, 2002, 15:40 anon@65.80

Same problem........

if u can find a server for the online training map.... and I agree ,,, gamespy not a good choice...... and too few servers.......... I will hold off playing again (finish training) until this is resolved... back to GR and OPF... :<)

102. this game is cool Jul 4, 2002, 15:39 anon@208.180

It totally exceeded my expectations!  

101. Re: those missions: Jul 4, 2002, 15:33 anon@80.128

todd, you´re an idiot  

100. Re: DNF Jul 4, 2002, 15:33 EnsignRedshirt

I know I shouldn't feed the trolls, but #97, you are the reason why developers stop reading the net and lose touch with gamers. Stop flaming GreenMarine- OFF TOPIC even, geeze.
GM- stick to it, I'm with you all the way. I've seen far too many crappy games pushed out the door before they were ready.

99. Re: those missions: Jul 4, 2002, 15:33 anon@80.128

you´re an idiot  

98. Re: Yay, so well prepared Jul 4, 2002, 15:25 anon@209.86

It's insane with the MOUT map... go on gamespy and thats all you'll hear ppl talking about. There's thousands of ppl on there trying to get into about 4 servers running that map, because you can't play any other map until you complete your training. I gave up after about an hour.. maybe I'll try later tonite.

As sad as it was, I must admit it was hilarious as well... some of the comments being made there were priceless (between all the cursing)

97. Re: DNF Jul 4, 2002, 15:21 anon@66.124

Nothing sucks more than a game no one can play even after what... five years? I smell Diakatanana.

You are the next Derek Smart! Asshat.

96. Re: XBox Entries Jul 4, 2002, 15:17 anon@24.196

I'd just like to say that Hwllbinder is an absolute moron!

Way to show everyone how retarded you are!

95. Good/Bad Jul 4, 2002, 14:49 anon@24.49

I have been unable to download the game although I have been trying. I dont consider this a big deal as lots of people are downloading and if you want free downloads, you get what you pay for.

However, my roomie has it and the single player parts look good. Unfortunately, they seem to think they can host thousands of people on a few game servers.

I can almost hear them say it now:

"We greatly underestimated the popularity of blah blah blah."

What a classic 90's mistake:

1. We spent a lot of money hyping the game.
2. It is hosted by the U.S. Army in the middle of a "war"
3. It is free

Therefore:

1. Since it will be hugely popular, let's not allow dedicated servers. Let's run the servers ourselves.

2. Since it will be hugely popular, let's set up fewer machines than are required to run an Iowa farm town's ISP provider.

3. Since it will be hugely popular, let's use the most overrated, buggy and slow online gaming portal in the world .. that will keep users happy. It's, like, green.

<Anonymous bangs head against the floor>

Several years ago, people didn't know how to handle massive online users because no one had done it before. Now, people are just being stupid and someone is getting paid too much to be this stupid.

94. Re: Yay, so well prepared Jul 4, 2002, 13:37 JoeBlack

Earlier there were up to 12-15 MOUT servers. I have no idea what the hell happened to them all.

93. Re: XBox Entries Jul 4, 2002, 13:35 anon@216.130

lol, you paid for Fileplanet. was an dumb ass, its almost as bad as us being forced to use gamespy  

92. Re: XBox Entries Jul 4, 2002, 13:21 Hellbinder

Oh, btw, I downloaded it at the fastest my connection can handle (60kb/s) from a server I never had to pay for. No problems here either

This gets so old. Fileplanet lets you download for free, or use a personal server did you ever stop to think how much they have to pay every month just to stay afloat? Yet total halfwits are always thinking they are *SOOO SPECIAL* that everything should be *FREE* for them. Well guess what.. that is not how the world works.

They limit downloads on the free side to make it USABLE for everyone. There are thousands of people trying to downlaod from them every second, and they host more files than nearly everyone else combined. show some damn RESPECT!!!!!!

I gladly PAID for my personal server. And I doouwnloaded AA at over 250k in under 15 min!!!!! Just like i get all my demos, patches etc.. The misaly 6.95 per month is more than worth it.

If you think every once else should pay for your services, or that everything should be free. move to Damn Communist china where they will set you up with government proveded stuff *real Good* until then go read animal farm, learn to respect those that provide a service to you, or SHUT UP!

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Geforce 4 Ti 4200 oc 300/513
Win Xp
This comment was edited on Jul 4, 13:22.

The Whales name is Bob.

91. Re: No subject Jul 4, 2002, 12:33 JediLuke

Hahah, agreed, but GameSpy sure is hilarious right now.

Let me tell you, I was going to join the army, but after this debacle, hells no!

~Jedi

90. No subject Jul 4, 2002, 12:32 anon@216.130

holy cow, gamespy sucks sooo bad!! how much longer intill they byte the bullet so i dont have to deal with there pos software?!  

89. Yay, so well prepared Jul 4, 2002, 12:28 JediLuke

Here's the deal: You need to play the MOUT_McKenna map to complete the training. However, that map can only be played online, and there are only two servers running that map. Great planning, huh? I ping crappy to all the servers anyway. It'll probably take some time before this one gets worked out. Damnit, I'm going away tomorrow. *sigh*

~Jedi

428 Replies. 22 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo