Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

America's Army Recon Demo

A bit earlier than anticipated, NVIDIA is the first site to offer downloads of the Recon demo of America's Army: Operations, the free first-person shooter game that was developed by the U.S. Army using the Unreal engine. The Recon demo requires a whopping 203.9 MB download, and offers "four single player basic training missions including a rifle range, obstacle course and weapons course," as well as "six multiplayer missions including a homeland defense operation, urban training, freeing prisoners, and protecting against an act of ecological terrorism." Word from HomeLan Fed is that the login authorization and multiplayer servers are not due to be launched until the original release time of 3:00 AM EDT (midnight PDT) though. Further mirrors can be expected on the official site by that time as well. Update: Mirrors are already online at FilePlanet (registration required) and 3D Gamers.

View
428 Replies. 22 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

208. you make me sick Jul 6, 2002, 07:31 Widukind

Some of you "americans" make me sick. Do you really believe that the worl is ruled by america ? LOL poor guys. America died in the moment when your grandfathers enter this lands. There are no americans left who can rule the world. The rest of you foreigners are just a pack of cultureless bastards.
now you are sitting on the 34th floor in any of your ugly hightowers, in the middle of your stolen land an want to rule the world...Youre an really idiot.
Your Army is just good this way cause you got many nice weapons and a nice warfare. Well, idiots like you needs this, we can see that the greatest lamers got the greatest enemys .. you suck christs !
That your army can create pc game isnt important, i can do it by myselve.
so, go home to yout wooden house and dont stop mastrubation cause you are the god ..

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

207. Re: Whiney Eurotrash Jul 6, 2002, 06:08 CIMA-d

boy, if that is your opinion ..... you are really sick .... maybe you should go and lock yourself away in a chamber where you cant bother anyone .... moron ...... i pity you for your narrow-minded and insular way of thinking .....

"Forgive me if I don't feel bad that VERY FEW civilians "

uh yeah, so killing just a few innocent ppl is ok, where do you draw the line to when in not becomes ok ? just one person less than on sept. 11th and it would have still been a VERY FEW civillians ? am i right ?
THINK about what you say !
YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD THE MINUTE THE FIRST INNOCENT CIVILLIAN IS KILLED !
but, those ppl are shure worth less than any american ? am i rigth ? you could kill thousands of "them" and it still would be A VERY FEW PPL for you ?

youre such a dumbass .....

"And take your "International War Crimes" NWO wannabe court and shove it up your ......well, you know the rest. "

yup, we dont need any international court, we just let the one with the bigger army erease his oppenent and everthing is setled.....

your nothing but a big, uneducated, american moron ......

Yeah, the graphics in America's Army are pretty rad. The animations, especially the guns are awesome.

206. Re: Whiney Eurotrash Jul 6, 2002, 05:11 anon@217.82

boy, if that is your opinion ..... you are really sick .... maybe you should go and lock yourself away in a chamber where you cant bother anyone .... moron ...... i pity you for your narrow-minded and insular way of thinking .....

"Forgive me if I don't feel bad that VERY FEW civilians "

uh yeah, so killing just a few innocent ppl is ok, where do you draw the line to when in not becomes ok ? just one person less than on sept. 11th and it would have still been a VERY FEW civillians ? am i right ?
THINK about what you say !
YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD THE MINUTE THE FIRST INNOCENT CIVILLIAN IS KILLED !
but, those ppl are shure worth less than any american ? am i rigth ? you could kill thousands of "them" and it still would be A VERY FEW PPL for you ?

youre such a dumbass .....

"And take your "International War Crimes" NWO wannabe court and shove it up your ......well, you know the rest. "

yup, we dont need any international court, we just let the one with the bigger army erease his oppenent and everthing is setled.....

your nothing but a big, uneducated, american moron ......

205. Some clarifications Jul 6, 2002, 05:07 anon@213.106

Um...so meof you guys seem to be of the beleife that america is the saviour of the free world. I hate to point at huge cracks in american forien policy but... George W Bush is currently in the proccess of trying to get the Genever Convention thrown out of international law, simply because he doesent like it, and feels america should not be bound by the same rules as the rest of the civilised world.

That aside, america is still pursuing its extreem isolationist policy, if septermber the 11th hadent happened, i fully expect that america would have cancled most of its external peace keeping operations. As it is, they are attempting to back ot of bosnia.

Just as a wake up call... if america suddently disapeared, yes, there would be an impanct on the world economy, however most things would carry on as usual.

anyhow... nm

204. Whiney Eurotrash Jul 6, 2002, 04:33 anon@24.234

Fellow Americans:

Do not allow the TROLL liberal Europeans to piss you off. If they had control of this planet, people like Bin Laden and Hussein would make quick work of them and all of us. Be thankful our country stands on it's own solid feet.

So a wedding party got bombed eh? Let me get this straight.. there was a wedding party where morons were firing guns (including an anti-aircraft canon) into the air as a military patrol was flying overhead. They got bombed DURING WARTIME in an OUT OF CONTROL country. Boo fucking Hoo. They are lucky we have the precision capabilities we do. 30 years ago we would have just turned the whole country into a parking lot. Forgive me if I don't feel bad that VERY FEW civilians (who are firing weapons in the air during a war) got hit by a bomb.

LESSON: DON'T FIRE WEAPONS IN THE AIR FOR CELEBRATION DURING WAR TIME BECAUSE IT MIGHT ATTRACT A NEGATIVE RESPONSE. (see the common sense in that lesson?)

Europe (especially France) can kiss my ass. And take your "International War Crimes" NWO wannabe court and shove it up your ......well, you know the rest.

One last note: Don't listen to the "America is fucked up" talking Brits that frequent this board either. They still have a King and Queen for God sakes. A "Royal Family" who sits on their uber-rich asses and could give a shit less what their own "commoners" think. Their Prime Minister has his nose so far up Bush’s ass, he can see light at the end of the tunnel….if you know what I mean.

203. Re: CODE RED Jul 6, 2002, 03:29 anon@4.47

Dude, I don't think he was cussing, they were in a military court room. Good movie, though.

202. CODE RED Jul 6, 2002, 03:19 anon@148.78

DID YOU ORDER A #@#@ING CODE RED SEARGENT!!!!!!!!

ANSWER THE QUESTION

DID YOU ORDER A G@# DA@M CODE RED!!!!?!?!?!!?

YES I ORDERED THE F#@#@ING CODE RED!!@!!!!!!!!!!

201. Re: Sick of the Jul 6, 2002, 03:16 anon@148.78

Okay spark, you asked for it.

>>Ok so let's say the army DOES suck. Would you >>>>>rather they just fold up and cease operations?

Sure. Why not?

>>How about retract all military officers and put >>them back into civilian life or immigration guard duty.

Beats dropping bombs on Afghan Wedding parties.

>>And while we're on the subject of retracting military >>forces, let's pull trade and industry out of every other >> country and make the United States solitary and >>>confined, I'm sure we can survive on our oil reserves >> for several decades until we develop better >>solutions

We've had "better solutions" for about 20-30 yrs now. Sorry to annoy you but conglomerates are stopping that, not your out-of-whack notion of progress.

>>I'll bet that'll make Europe, the Middle East and Asia >>happy. Oh and while we're pulling all these back, >>why not stop immigration for good and just build >>huge walls guarded by the retracted Military forces.

That sounds good, but remember to let me out first okay?

>>There are going to be some greatly pissed off >>Country political leaders about why we have just >>suddenly gone into a self isolation mode.

Oh dear me. Is George W. going to cry wa-wa about his boo-boo?

>>Now we can also solve unemployment by having >>unemployed and homeless people doing what >>overseas manufacturing plants were doing.

Employing homeless people? Nah, after all, Reagan once said "if you are in the gutter its because you want to be there". Of course, this is also the same guy who addressed Princess Diana as "Princess David" and started singing along during the Nixon Funeral.

200. Re: Sick of the Jul 6, 2002, 03:15 Narf2029

Mostly read/heard. This is why I don't think most people are joining and if you disagree please say why.
Here I go!

The entire jock mentality. Women don't belong here,,
Women can get into any Army job except combat operations fields, and while I'm not totally sure, I believe it has something to do with a woman's bodily structure being able to handle long periods of heavy physical labor. Don't quote me on that because I don't know, but I'd think that with a woman's different skeleton and whatnot, walking 20, 30, even 50 miles in a day while carrying a lot of heavy-ass equipment would be tough on them. Hell, I know it's tough on me lol. After all, Jim, I'm an infantryman, not a doctor!

Yes sir this and yes sir that,
That's order and discipline. Order and discipline give our army yet another edge because a chaotic army can't be effectively coordinated.

we are better than the civilians,
We're not. While on duty, we can only perform actions that we are commanded or permitted to do. Off duty, if we break the law we get arrested and jailed, just like you do. Soldiers who say they're better than others are just full of too much pride, and probably signed on for the wrong reasons.

I'm doing what's right and you all should worship me.
We're not doing what's right. War is never right, but human nature makes it necessary, so be glad someone will do it. Don't worship us, because again only the excessively proud want it. We're the same people as you, after all. We do, however, want recognition, just as you would if you were doing something you loved and were proud of.

If your not a team player and you actually disobey bad orders you can get in trouble.
You can disobey a bad order and appeal through the chain of command to avoid punishment for insubordination. If it really is a bad order, those higher in the chain of command will punish the guy who gave that order and not you who disobeyed it.

If you disagree with the war you have no choice.
You always have a choice. You can go AWOL/desert, which are not recommended but they are there. If you don't like the risk of being in a war you disagree with, or don't like war at all, why join? Otherwise, you committed yourself to something, and like any commitment, such as marriage, it can't be good all the time. Just like a marriage, you have highs and lows but if it worked right, you got something good out of it.

The pay is bad for what your doing.
The pay is good enough for me. I have housing, I have power and water, and I am fed. And none of that came out of my pocket. THEN I get a paycheck every month on top of it.

And let's face it. Would you rather have a nice office job or be stuck running drills all day in the hot sun?
My joining up answers that question An office job would have been hell for me, and vocational school proved it. I can't stand sitting around pushing papers all day. It's not bad, but it's just not for me.

What can they do to fix it? nothing if they still want a good army lol. My Complaint is that they don't need advertisments. They need something that makes the american people think the army is worth joining and to tell you the truth a game wont do that.
The Army isn't the scum-only bad-pay force you think it is. We leave that to poorer countries The game was paid for out of the Army's advertisement budget, so if it weren't for this we'd just have more TV and magazine ads and whatever else. I personally would prefer something more interactive. And a game will bring people to the Army; the root of all advertising is memory, and just seeing something makes you remember it. Imagine what interacting with it will do. When it comes down to it, the Army is basically another company trying to hire people, and it must be competitive in order to do so. Sorry for the insanely long post lol but I had to get all of it out.

--Infantryman

======================================
"640K ought to be enough for anybody."
This comment was edited on Jul 6, 03:23.

Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

199. Re: Why are the no soldier shadows Jul 6, 2002, 02:06 anon@24.31

Ummm...army has as many people as it needs right now. Of course it's always hiring, but no real crisis in personnel.
Entropy

198. Re: Sick of the Jul 6, 2002, 01:55 anon@166.70

Mostly read/heard. This is why I don't think most people are joining and if you disagree please say why.
The entire jock mentality. Women don't belong here,, Yes sir this and yes sir that, we are better than the civilians, I'm doing what's right and you all should worship me.
If your not a team player and you actually disobey bad orders you can get in trouble.
If you disagree with the war you have no choice. The pay is bad for what your doing. And let's face it. Would you rather have a nice office job or be stuck running drills all day in the hot sun?
What can they do to fix it? nothing if they still want a good army lol. My Complaint is that they don't need advertisments. They need something that makes the american people think the army is worth joining and to tell you the truth a game wont do that.

197. Sick of the "Dont give a shit" attitude Jul 6, 2002, 01:39 JoeBlack

I've been reading a ton of "I don't give a shit bout the army" attitude and frankly it is sorely disappointing. I know there are millions of people who are thankful for the service, but this kind of attitude is disgusting.

Ok so let's say the army DOES suck. Would you rather they just fold up and cease operations? How about retract all military officers and put them back into civilian life or immigration guard duty. Let's see how long the United States lasts without a fully functional military.

And while we're on the subject of retracting military forces, let's pull trade and industry out of every other country and make the United States solitary and confined, I'm sure we can survive on our oil reserves for several decades until we develop better solutions. I'll bet that'll make Europe, the Middle East and Asia happy. Oh and while we're pulling all these back, why not stop immigration for good and just build huge walls guarded by the retracted Military forces.

There are going to be some greatly pissed off Country political leaders about why we have just suddenly gone into a self isolation mode.

Now we can also solve unemployment by having unemployed and homeless people doing what overseas manufacturing plants were doing.

Fucking christ..

196. Re: Why are the no soldier shadows Jul 6, 2002, 01:28 JoeBlack

#195, is this coming from personal experience or "what you read/heard"?

195. Re: Why are the no soldier shadows Jul 6, 2002, 00:51 anon@166.70

Why does the army even need money for advertising? it's not like the entire world is going to forget about it.
People aren't joining for a reason. Why? Because the army sucks.

194. Why are the no soldier shadows Jul 5, 2002, 23:39 anon@206.151

I mean at least have the black circle, but there's nothing at all in the game. I like the prerendered shadows that are overlayed on the games tectures for the enviornments, like the shadows of the prison bars. Why have been screenshots of character shadows, even full body soft edge ones and then release the game with nothing.

Here, look at these screenshots

http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/americas_army_053002_003.jpg

This one hs a realistic shadows hitting walls
http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/americas_army_053002_004.jpg

Is there a setting in the ini file or something to turn them on. It would just make the gameplay so much more realistic, especially when you can see someone sneak up on you by their shadow.

193. Re: No subject Jul 5, 2002, 22:21 anon@66.185

And that's coming from a guy who will take the time to capitalize the word "MY" but not correct the spelling of "go", "you" or "it". Free to be as lazy ass as you want.  

192. Re: No subject Jul 5, 2002, 21:31 anon@66.21

189 this is a free country yopu can gp back to canada and shove iut because MY tax dollars paid for this game  

191. Re: No subject Jul 5, 2002, 21:29 anon@24.186

Couldnt have said it better myself

190. advertising budget Jul 5, 2002, 20:39 ZetaMaiL

I don't think people realize that the money that was spent to make the game was probably taken from the budget that the army had to make other types of advertisments, like tv commercials and pencils and pamphlets...The money was probably not taken directly from other sources that could use it more.....the army just decided to use their advertising budget differently...and I'm for it!

that's what I'm hoping they did anyway...
This comment was edited on Jul 5, 20:43.

189. No subject Jul 5, 2002, 20:19 anon@209.98

Piss off. My god. you people never stop complaining do you. God knows I have gripes about our Govn't and it's divisions' wrong doings but, there is a time and a place for people to listen to your views and your policticle Dribble. and this is not it. People come here to enjoy games and game related news. I put a big emphasis on "ENJOY".
so now take my advice and piss off.

428 Replies. 22 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo