Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

America's Army Recon Demo

A bit earlier than anticipated, NVIDIA is the first site to offer downloads of the Recon demo of America's Army: Operations, the free first-person shooter game that was developed by the U.S. Army using the Unreal engine. The Recon demo requires a whopping 203.9 MB download, and offers "four single player basic training missions including a rifle range, obstacle course and weapons course," as well as "six multiplayer missions including a homeland defense operation, urban training, freeing prisoners, and protecting against an act of ecological terrorism." Word from HomeLan Fed is that the login authorization and multiplayer servers are not due to be launched until the original release time of 3:00 AM EDT (midnight PDT) though. Further mirrors can be expected on the official site by that time as well. Update: Mirrors are already online at FilePlanet (registration required) and 3D Gamers.

View
428 Replies. 22 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

408. Re: Experts Jul 10, 2002, 17:13 CIMA-d

Tony!!! - I was pretty entertained by your post until you started calling me an asshole. I realise this is a gaming site, but seriously, there are plenty of new threads regarding this freakin' game. Why don't you just jump on one and discuss your gaming problems there. Or hey, I could go on over there and start posting and you can keep this thread for yourself, how about that? Isn't the world big enough for everyone? Even the assholes...

Alright, christ, you've established your disapproval of the US and its military actions. No need to post 38 million times, making the same points and stating the same opinions over and over and over and over and over again.

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 17:14.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

407. Re: Experts Jul 10, 2002, 15:51 Politically Censored

Tony!!! - I was pretty entertained by your post until you started calling me an asshole. I realise this is a gaming site, but seriously, there are plenty of new threads regarding this freakin' game. Why don't you just jump on one and discuss your gaming problems there. Or hey, I could go on over there and start posting and you can keep this thread for yourself, how about that? Isn't the world big enough for everyone? Even the assholes...

406. Islam Jul 10, 2002, 15:20 anon@64.158

Islam calls for a "holy war". Guess what.. you got one. So don't cry when it's all over. Like you did planing your attack in the 67 war.

Death to Islam!

405. Re: Experts Jul 10, 2002, 15:20 Tony!!!

Ahh yes, Inhale.....exhale. Ahhhhh, better.

And now on a differnt note, I'd like to start a discussion about my ass. It's really not as round and full as I'd like it to be. When I look at it in the mirror from a side angle It seems that there is about maybe an inch of meaty goodness lacking in my caboose. Now although It is not nearly hard enough to crack a wallnut, It is pretty firm. It's just that I want more bun. I've been doing squats lately. Hopefully I shall start seeing results. Heh, when I flex my naked buttocks in the mirror i get this huge dimple in my right cheek. You see, I took a 38 slug in my lower back and my butt about 11 years ago while visiting a friend in LA. I actually still have them both in me too as the first one, the one in my back 'just' missed my spine so the doc left well enough alone. The same goes for the one in my butt. It was just shy of my hip joint so.....
Anyways, my brother...and I shouldn't mention this, but I don't think he'll find out that I told. Well, He got some kind of blood blister on his rectum! Yep, its true. I guess that's a hemeroid. Ghah, made me so sick when he told me about it. Told me it was bleeding and....(making myself sick), anyway, he practically needed a manpon. Fortunately it went away. He was worried that he'd end up going to a doctor about it. HA, wouln't that have been funny, yea? My brother bent over with his ass checks spread wide open, face as red of shame as the big ass ozzing boil resting on his bung hole saying hello to a stranger with a medicale degree on his wall.
Anywayz, I've really strayed from the point here seeing that Bluesnews is a political news site and these forums are for political disscusion. I apoligize really, I ...... WAIT A MINUTE! Did I say this was BLUESNEWS??? HEY, didn't this used to be a gaming site? Well piss my name in snow if this can't be a bunghole hole forum as well!! Seems there A-holes aplenty here anyway!

-Tony!!!;)
my 360 user name is Robo Pop

404. Re: Experts Jul 10, 2002, 14:40 Politically Censored

"I like the threads in which everyone is an expert on war and they probably weren't even born when those wars took place."

Right now I am only talking about these wars:

01/17/91 - 04/11/91 Operation Desert Storm
09/15/01 - Current America's New War/The War On Terrorism/America Strikes Back/whatever their calling it now.

"You shouldn't get your underwear in a twist talking about things that you have no clue about."

In specific, what have I been wrong about?

"I really like the comments that condem the USA for killing innocent people in a war. It's a sad fact of war that people die....some enemies and some friendlies. Do you all remember how many innocent people were killed in order to defeat Japan?"

So, you're saying you condone the killing of innocent civilians during wartime? Well then, you should have no problem with the next plane that flies into a building killing thousands of people. Unless you're in it of course.

"For those that constantly condem the USA and live here....you can leave anytime you want....bye bye!"

Since when, in order to live in a free society must I agree/participate/fund every war that is waged? Why must people who believe that 'national defense' does not include trampling other nations in order to protect oil interests abroad be exiled?

"...and let the real men of the world handle the wars."

I think this statement proves my point.

403. No subject Jul 10, 2002, 14:21 anon@12.8

I like the game.
But I keep getting the "failed connection" message when trying to connect to a Mout server. Haven't finished the training yet.
It's hard to tell the two sides apart. They should put a little line in there telling the differance between the teams. Loyality has backpacks, Honor has grey uniforms.
And it's hard to figure out where the objectives are. The compass thing is hard to read. So I'm playing and keep getting whacked because I don't know exactly where the objectives are. I'm gonna keep trying. Hopefully they'll get the servers up so people can connect.

402. Re: Yellow Press Jul 10, 2002, 13:48 anon@24.92

It's ArAs like you that have ruined your own forums, you'll not ruin mine!  

401. Re: Yellow Press Jul 10, 2002, 13:35 ArA

Let the real men of the world handle their wars???
What kind of bullshit is that???
People like you Darkhorse, that make comments like that
are basically the reason there are wars. Im not saying you
CAUSE them, but I would say you are the first to eat the
crap propaganda that your high & mighty government feeds
you, and the first to take up arms.
And what was that about the need to bomb Japan? Can there
be ANY ANY JUSTIFICATION whatsoever, to take 100 000 civilian lives, enemy or no enemy, there is no justification to take the lives of women and children.
I know! Lets kill of the whole world! Maybe then we can have some peace and live free of hassles in the American
Dream. All I say to you and people like you
Wake up....
Or keep on dreaming...

400. Re: Yellow Press Jul 10, 2002, 11:29 Darkhorse41

LOL.....too funny

399. Re: Yellow Press Jul 10, 2002, 11:28 anon@216.254

Must . . .hit . . . . 400!!

398. Re: Yellow Press Jul 10, 2002, 11:20 anon@24.92

Troll troll troll the boards genteelly on your screen... merrily merrily merrily you guys are such a ween.  

397. Experts Jul 10, 2002, 11:00 Darkhorse41

I like the threads in which everyone is an expert on war and they probably weren't even born when those wars took place. You shouldn't get your underwear in a twist talking about things that you have no clue about. I really like the comments that condem the USA for killing innocent people in a war. It's a sad fact of war that people die....some enemies and some friendlies. Do you all remember how many innocent people were killed in order to defeat Japan? Remember Hiroshima and Nagasaki? For those that constantly condem the USA and live here....you can leave anytime you want....bye bye! Now go back to playing Quake and let the real men of the world handle the wars.

396. Re: Yellow Press Jul 10, 2002, 09:49 Politically Censored

anon@63.208 - That's all very interesting and the way you explain it makes it all make some sort of sense, but what about the underlying reason that these wars have been created in the first place. Access to petroleum products and other natural resources that are located within these regions. I realise that if it wasn't the U.S., it would only be someone else. But, as long as we're dependant on fossil fuels, alternate sources of energy will not become widely utilized. Eliminate the need for these products and you eliminate the need for conflict.

395. Re: perfect! Jul 10, 2002, 08:12 anon@213.65

...it really is, but this is a GAME SITE, where people should talk about GAMES! You don't have to mention that we live in a fucked up world 400 times.  

394. perfect! Jul 10, 2002, 06:08 Mead

The idiot riot is cooking along perfectly. Keep it up!

393. Re: Yellow Press Jul 10, 2002, 04:21 anon@63.208

1) Mistakes happen if you are not good enough to do something properly!

no-ones perfect, we're getting better all the time, but as I said, you start tossing around a few tons of explosives and something will go wrong eventualy. Unfortunetly the U.S couldnt afford to hire a flawless god such as you to go in there and handle it for us with abolute perfection

2) Tell this to your army, if you cant kill some small penissed ****** (vietnam)

The Vietnamese had outside support, if they were alone the US could have won. In a way we were realy fighting the russians there, they armed and supported vietnamese alot, it was indirect combat againts the US, using fanatical people as pawns. The US returned to favor later on in Afghanistan (not current war, I mean before) by arming the afghans with Surface to air missels etc. to fight the russians. Hence the russians also lost and eventualy gave up. When fighting an 'opponent' that's suplied by a rich super power. You can only win by attacking that rich super power to cut off that support (that would have been insane) or killing every single one of the enemy. that would have meant millions killed..(russians killed like 2.5 million Afghans I think, they persisted in trying to win longer than the US did)

3) Tell this to your army... U are the loosers and u are actually not even able to catch some dickless osama without killing thousands of innoecnt people yourself

the Army's job isn't to catch people, it's to kill them. our enemy tries to kill as many as possible, we don't. If we were as imoral as some critics say, this war would have been long over, it is within the power of the US to take out all enemies within that part of the world in a one big nuclear strike, but everyone else who lives there would be slightly vaporized also.. so we don't do it.

Though admitedly, I doubt the general US population would tolorate things being as bad here as they are in Israel for example..
so if they keep attacking us over and over Im pretty sure we'd say 'fuck it' and go nuclear eventualy (at least tactical nukes).

4 the british(gy ccksuckers) and the american airforce killed over 40000 INNOCENT CIVILIANS IN WWII in only one night.. yeah, mistakes happen, i kn0w

I wouldn't realy call those a mistake, it was deliberate bombing to demorolize and degrade the enemy. And nuking Japan, well the Japanese had lost.. but they were fanatical and were still fighting to the death and resorting to stuff like the suicide attacks. It was nesceseary to totaly devestate them to force a surrender, this could be done only with ground troops, thousands Americas and Japanese die.. OR with the nuke strikes, same thing minus the American deaths. So went with choice #2.

5) And these idiots really want(ed) to get immunity for american soldiers..?? must have been a joke...

Umm.. and they'll get it too (well, we really have it already), but don't worry, just in case they get crazy over there and try to prosecute some US troops anyways, the house already passed a bill authorizing the prez to bring them back by force.

392. Re: OMG Jul 10, 2002, 03:01 anon@12.247

I didn't uninstall it, I went into the game files and edited a lil, now all maps are enabled and completed.  

391. Re: Yellow Press Jul 10, 2002, 02:42 anon@80.131

Our enemy would think it righteous and nobel yes, we do not, but unintentional mistakes like this happen in war, hell in some WWII operations friendly soldiers would be taken out by the hundreds by "friendly" bombers. (not even talking about 'enemy' civilian casulties)

This is totally ,american' shit...
Mistakes happen if you are not good enough to do something properly!
Tell this to your army, if you cant kill some small penissed ****** (vietnam) then stfu and realize that U are the loosers and u are actually not even able to catch some dickless osama without killing thousands of innoecnt people yourself!
BTW, in WW2... the british(gy ccksuckers) and the american airforce killed over 40000 INNOCENT CIVILIANS IN WWII in only one night.. yeah, mistakes happen, i kn0w

And these idiots really want(ed) to get immunity for american soldiers..?? must have been a joke...

390. Re: Yellow Press Jul 10, 2002, 02:21 anon@80.131

389. No subject Jul 10, 2002, 01:59 anon@63.231

bump  

428 Replies. 22 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo