Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

America's Army Recon Demo

A bit earlier than anticipated, NVIDIA is the first site to offer downloads of the Recon demo of America's Army: Operations, the free first-person shooter game that was developed by the U.S. Army using the Unreal engine. The Recon demo requires a whopping 203.9 MB download, and offers "four single player basic training missions including a rifle range, obstacle course and weapons course," as well as "six multiplayer missions including a homeland defense operation, urban training, freeing prisoners, and protecting against an act of ecological terrorism." Word from HomeLan Fed is that the login authorization and multiplayer servers are not due to be launched until the original release time of 3:00 AM EDT (midnight PDT) though. Further mirrors can be expected on the official site by that time as well. Update: Mirrors are already online at FilePlanet (registration required) and 3D Gamers.

View
428 Replies. 22 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

328. Re: It could happen to you... Jul 8, 2002, 12:30 Politically Censored

but If you hate this nation and arn't willing to put out effort to make it better...

This is exactly what I am doing. I am trying to make people aware that the Green Party is not what it used to be and has grown by 35% since the '00 election. There are 91 elected officials in 21 states.

I've talked to 30 or more people and they ALL feel that voting third party is just a way of throwing away your vote. This is not true. The more people open their eyes up to the truth, they soon realise what this country's government is turning into...a multinational corporate run global policing force that has it's own political agenda and is using our blood to gain more wealth all under the guise of Capitalism.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

327. ummmmm Jul 8, 2002, 12:15 anon@64.231

STFU, that is all you may go  

326. Re: It could happen to you... Jul 8, 2002, 12:02 anon@198.200

you'll cry your eyes out over someone being detiained based on skeptical people but you cast a deff ear about someone being detained held imprissoned and sent to a long stay in solitary confinement simply for pointing out the short comings of others: Enter Kevin Mitnick.

Yes my friends he was arrested denied bail an attorney and held for 3 years before any trial. after trial he was senenced and the Time-Already-Served was not deducted from the sentence as is common practice today.

This was not a process based on National security or to save lives. It was simply a vindictive act from a frightend nation and Big Business.

The US has many faults. but If you hate this nation and arn't willing to put out effort to make it better the PLEASE get out. I Beg you to leave and stay out.

Thankyou for your time

325. Re: The reason this thread is so long... Jul 8, 2002, 11:44 Politically Censored

And yet you come, and post, and spew your unconstructive insults upon us. All the while posting anonymously. Nay, friend, I may have a big, fat, American mouth, but it is neither uneducated, nor ignorant.

324. Take yer filthy political grandstanding Jul 8, 2002, 11:37 Hump

except for the network problems this game is VERY impressive.

Maybe this is the game to knock CS of its lofty perch?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

323. Damned if you do, damned if you don't Jul 8, 2002, 11:35 anon@152.42

I'm an American, and I dislike the current political agenda to be sure, but it seems to me that the US tends to get bashed at both ends. Either we get condemned for meddling with the affairs of other nations or we get yelled out for not helping out other nations since we "have so much" and they "have so little." You can't have it both ways folks.

Sometimes I think other countries just want to treat us like a rich old grandpa that nobody really cares about (ie. I love you for your money, but I don't want to talk to you.)

Oh well...

322. The reason this thread is so long... Jul 8, 2002, 11:04 anon@209.98

.. is because every American just 'has to have their say'

You gotta make us hear your point of view.

You gotta open your big, fat, uneducated, lazy-ass ignorant mouths (fingers).

321. Re: The truth about the gulf war Jul 8, 2002, 10:29 anon@208.60

Hey I was trying to stick up for you guys!! You don't like the american fast food don't go and they will close up shop...it is that simple. Of course, when the choice is the other garbage over there (including what you call real fish) and mcdonalds it seems obvious one has to be choosing between the least evils...AND for the record we eat our fish on plates and not in ink-ridden filthy newspaper-no one is eating the newspaper :-)

Listen to us debate food now--WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GAME ANYWAY!!!

320. It could happen to you... Jul 8, 2002, 10:02 Politically Censored

This is a portion of an article about one of the detainees that was accused of being a terrorist after September 11th. Apparently, Bush has appointed John Ashcroft to be the new J. Edgar Hoover...

"Amnesty International concludes that the detainees have been “deprived of some basic rights under international law, and many appear to have been detained arbitrarily.” Consider the case of Elyes Glaissia, 27, a Tunisian citizen living in Tacoma, Washington. Glaissia was arrested on September 16 on the basis of a complaint allegedly lodged by his housemate, Ann Andersen, who claimed Glaissia was violent and probably a Middle Eastern terrorist.

Glaissia had overstayed a tourist visa but is married to a U.S. citizen and had applied for political asylum. He was hardly a flight risk. Nonetheless, he was denied bail. Details of those hearings are sketchy: Attorney General John Ashcroft has ordered all hearings that might be related to terrorism closed to people without security clearance—including defense lawyers, family and even the defendants themselves. Glaissia and many others were not only denied the right to see the evidence against them, but were effectively denied legal representation during their hearings.

The FBI didn’t even start a file on Glaissia; it immediately determined that he was of no interest. Evidence emerged that Andersen and her son—transients who lived temporarily in Glaissia’s house—hadn’t complained at all, but merely had struck up a conversation with a local sheriff’s deputy at a bus stop. Andersen, as it turned out, had a history of such fanciful stories—at her previous residence, where a Mormon couple had taken her in, she reported back to their church that the couple were Satan worshippers."

This is f'd up. Vote Green Party or this could happen to you.

319. Re: The truth about the gulf war Jul 8, 2002, 09:15 anon@194.117

And America the country that is responsible for bringing us McDonalds. Let the swelling of America and the western world continue ...

P.S. At least the fish in our fish and chips is real fish. I don't think my McDonalds burgers ever have any beef in them and they taste rancid. Thanks again America ... we love you

318. Re: The truth about the gulf war Jul 8, 2002, 09:04 anon@194.117

Your not supposed to eat the bloody newspaper. Sheesh yanks arn't that bright are they  

317. Re: The truth about the gulf war Jul 8, 2002, 08:53 anon@208.60

Oh, by the way, lay off the brits, they are a good friend and have a lot of guts and character. Just make sure you don't visit England hungry, though. Sorry guys-but generally your food isn't very good :-) (fish in newspaper??)  

316. Re: The truth about the gulf war Jul 8, 2002, 08:22 anon@208.60

Hi, I agree with you #312. I guess the problem is the game doesn't work right (MP server problems) so everyone has all that extra energy that is normally relieved by killing someone in a PC game! Explains the flaming on this thread to me :-)

The thread shows you why there are wars doesn't it? Each individual contains some strong emotion inside that compells him/her to develop strong beliefs. Sure, in some cases people are blindly patriotic and have really only their own experience at the movies and television to base it on, but in the last century thank god America existed AND had a population willing to sacrifice itself to help defend other nations-would they do it for the defense of the US? (I can't imagine)

On the other hand, we in the US have no appreciation for how it feels to have our views set aside because some big powerful (economic, miltarily and political) nation is pushing its own (sometimes short sighted) agenda.

There are definately two clear sides to some of these issues and I can well imagine the frustration of each.

Personally, I just wish that sometimes the US didn't stand up to so much ridicule. I travel overseas a lot and work for a German company and it is very frustrating to listen to some of the criticism when I know that so many sacrifices were made by Americans to help keep Europe free. I know that one can't kiss our ass over this, but some respect for it would be nice..

Now let's try to talk about this game and try to enjoy ourselves. Hopefully, the MP servers will be up in the short term and we can start shooting each other and talking smack in the game instead of on this thread....out

315. 297 Jul 8, 2002, 03:56 Cicatrix

LOL! Do you happen to have a syndicated editorial column anywhere? Please say yes!

314. Re: post #291 Jul 8, 2002, 01:12 anon@207.12

Well, what I do know about the Brits is that they died on the beaches of Normandy with us and alongside us as well as the Trenches in France in the Great War. That is more than any American speaking on this board has ever done. My grandfathers fought with Brits In WW2 and many died. Many more in the great war, entire companies, from the same towns, were decimated at Somme and Verdun. I dont think many of you young "USA" boys can truly understand or comprehend. I am American but I would hold my tongue before bashing English pride. I think you owe them a little bit more than that buddy.  

313. Re: post #291 Jul 8, 2002, 00:28 anon@64.231

I'm glad you see my point sir, thank you.
now will everybody please STFU about politics and talk about the damn Awesome (overloaded server) type game!!!

312. Re: The truth about the gulf war Jul 7, 2002, 23:46 Disembodied Voice

Goddam it! Just like the other thread for this game, I came looking for decent game news or feedback and I find some aholes arguing about the revolutionary war! You fools need to go somewhere else and go there now. Cant we just have one damn site on the net to talk gaming and not have idiots take it over with socio-political dialogue about which they really know very little anyway? AOL is waiting for you twits...go there and talk about your useless babble to the other clueless, teenage dolts. I hate you people. And just a little aside...America, love it or get nuked.

311. Re: The truth about the gulf war Jul 7, 2002, 23:38 Ojam

After you do, you will have ice flooding from the North when us Canadians take you over

This comment was edited on Jul 7, 23:39.

310. Re: The truth about the gulf war Jul 7, 2002, 23:30 anon@148.78

Britain chose to concede and lose the war in the us colonies because it thought asia/india was more important at the time and re-shuffled its resources in that direction.

I know for a fact that british are 10x more tough than the average american. British are the toughest, meanest, cruelest assholes on earth when they want to be. Just look at their soccer hooligans. Entire towns trashed and people throwing darts at other people's faces just over a soccer match. Dont piss the British off or they will get you

100 British men Vs. 100 American "men" and the US side would be turned into crumpets.

BRITAIN IS TOUGHER THAN THE USA!!!!!!!!!! ONE DAY WE ARE GOING TO TAKE YOU OVER!!!!!!!!!!

309. Re: The truth about the gulf war Jul 7, 2002, 22:59 Ojam

If I remember correctly the French were helping the colonies in the fight against the brits. Along with Spain who at the time where an ally of the French, so not only did the Brits have a uprising in North America but a fight on there own soil. I don't have any numbers but I would think that they were atleast even if you count France and Spain.

428 Replies. 22 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo