Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

H-L / C-S Patches Wednesday

As hinted at two weeks ago (story), Valve Software has confirmed the release of new patches for Half-Life and Counter-Strike this Wednesday at 2:00 PM EDT (11:00 AM PDT). Here's the scoop:

New client and server updates for Half-Life and Counter-Strike (Half-Life 1.1.1.0 and C.S. 1.5) will be released this week. Both updates include the Ricochet Mod, phase two of the recently introduced anti-cheat technology, a new Counter-Strike map (de_piranesi), as well as various fixes and tweaks. Server files will be released to the public Tuesday evening. Client files will be released for download Wednesday morning at 11:00 a.m. PST, at which point Steam clients will be updated automatically.

View
54 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

54. No subject Jun 17, 2002, 03:41 teh mane mahn

Urban Terror, a Quake 3 mod, seems to be a more fun mod to play for a more "realistic" aspect.

The graphics, the weapon and map balance, ect. does it in for me. I don't know, but it is so easy to cheat on CS nowadays.

Even so, CS still has that "feel" that UT lacks. That doesn't mean I'm going to convert for a mod like CS. Because I've played CS for a year, I know what it's like.

-----

"My mountain teacher speaks, pleased at this brief insight, telling me that every person of every race and every partaker of every outlook has a way that is judged by that person as right."

"Suddenly I see the obvious, which for so long has eluded me. Lasting fulfillment can only come from setting goals that do not lose their luster with time. I must perceive and select changeless values to serve as the basis for my personal goals."

You must register if you want me to be able to read your post.

_____

The possible pain, suffering and sacrifice of discovery are by no means an excuse to remain ignorant.

The bartering of things sought earned are by a means which only little men can abide by and hope to achieve.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

53. No subject Jun 17, 2002, 03:32 teh mane mahn

I could not agree more, indiv.

-----

"My mountain teacher speaks, pleased at this brief insight, telling me that every person of every race and every partaker of every outlook has a way that is judged by that person as right."

"Suddenly I see the obvious, which for so long has eluded me. Lasting fulfillment can only come from setting goals that do not lose their luster with time. I must perceive and select changeless values to serve as the basis for my personal goals."

You must register if you want me to be able to read your post.

_____

The possible pain, suffering and sacrifice of discovery are by no means an excuse to remain ignorant.

The bartering of things sought earned are by a means which only little men can abide by and hope to achieve.

52. Re: Hmm..Platinum Pack Jun 16, 2002, 11:40 anon@68.44

No u do not. Make sure that you download the right patch. In this case u would have to d/l Half-Life 1.1.1.0. Full Client
[DRS]xXDavidXx
xXDavidXx33@msn.com

51. Re: Hmm..Platinum Pack Jun 15, 2002, 21:24 anon@24.91

Try this updater. http://www.sierra.com/download/display_results.php?ftp_id=3035
For some reason its different than the one that's included with the game. It's the only one I've been able to get to work. LOL! If that doesn't work, you need to download the full version patch 1110 and Counterstrike ver 1.5....be sure you get the "retail" and not "mod" patch.
http://www.barrysworld.com/Games/counterstrike/
Hope this helps!

50. Re: Hmm..Platinum Pack Jun 15, 2002, 21:24 anon@24.91

Try this updater. http://www.sierra.com/download/display_results.php?ftp_id=3035
For some reason its different than the one that's included with the game. It's the only one I've been able to get to work. LOL! If that doesn't work, you need to download the full version patch 1110 and Counterstrike ver 1.5....be sure you get the retail mod patch.
http://www.barrysworld.com/Games/counterstrike/
Hope this helps!

49. Hmm..Platinum Pack Jun 14, 2002, 20:21 anon@216.251

Hey, sorry to bother all you Vets out there, but I just plunked down my 50$ for this game, and whenever I try to play a multiplayer, it tells me to update, so I update, but it always says 'failed' and the 'Autoupdater' reinstalls..and all hell breaks lose. Do I need to install these cd's in the right order? Half Life: GOY Edition, Half Life: Opposing Force, Team Fortress Classic, Counter Strike to make this work? Apparrently I have version 1.0.0.4 and I don't know where to go from here. Enough bitching from me though. Up in arms boys, help a newb out.  

48. Re: Bleh Jun 14, 2002, 16:25 anon@24.100

I agree with your assessment 150%!

Only wished the kids stop bitching getting killed by someone who uses brain and braun.

47. Banned Unfairly Jun 14, 2002, 16:18 anon@66.185

I recently played in an environment where most of the players obviously are congregating in an e-cafe. After a number of times I killed the admin, I was then kicked and banned on a permanently.

That was so immature, rooms like that do not deserve good players. While on the subject, this game is meant to be both team work, survival skills and a bit of bravado and for those who complained of people using all of the above, I say go and suck eggs.

46. Re: No subject Jun 12, 2002, 20:10 anon@209.180

Day Of Defeat pwnz Counterstrike's candy ass!  

45. Re: No subject Jun 12, 2002, 17:27 anon@198.70

LMAO,well said,well said  

44. Re: Yawn Jun 12, 2002, 13:59 indiv

After 1-2 months a game gets boring.

That sounds more like a personal problem, and not a problem with the game itself. Maybe one day your type of game will come out, but you're really missing out if you've never played a game that you constantly enjoyed for years after it came out.

Tribes 1, Ultima 7, Fallout, Doom, Duke3d, Quake 1, Stunts ... the list goes on and on for me.

43. Re: Yawn Jun 12, 2002, 05:58 Flo

I find those responses sooooo funny
I'm not a fanboy of anything and I enjoyed CS myself but there's an end to everything. After 1-2 months a game gets boring. Oh and mummy and daddy certainly did not pay for my high end system. All hard work boy. 2 to 3 jobs besides school and you got it

This comment was edited on Jun 12, 05:59.

Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

42. Re: No subject Jun 11, 2002, 22:29 anon@66.57

CS is a classic. Hands Down. Thats why people play it.  

41. No subject Jun 11, 2002, 18:59 anon@209.167

only reason so many people play CS is because most people still have shitty computers

most 'good' games these days are only played by the handful few rich folk who can afford the machines to play them on

40. For real Jun 11, 2002, 15:42 anon@64.229

So, is this patch for real yet or not?

I am a TFC player, I never play anyother mods anymore. I just find TFC to be the most fun. 1.1.0.9 screwed up TFC (if not everyone else), so hopefully 1.1.1.0 will fix even one of these things.

I agree that adding MOD's for everyone, when there are people like me out there (only play 1 mod). They should have a mod free install.

While you all talk about this being an old game, and that there are "better" ones out there, let's not forget that some people have machinces as old as the game. Like they could play anything better.

2Crazy4U.ca

39. Re: Yawn Jun 11, 2002, 09:26 anon@199.4

Nice to see some intelligent responses. I do not understand these fan boy types that constantly slag off something because it is not their thing of choice. Play whatever you play and leave us to enjoy CS.
The whole going for graphics over game play is just silly. If that is your thing than so be it but I choose gameplay over graphics any day.
The point about you did not get a 2Ghtz system to play CS is quite simply pointless. Who exactly is forcing you to play CS? Play one of your graphically superior games and be happy that mummy and daddy were able to buy you such a nice system.

38. Yawn Jun 11, 2002, 08:06 Flo

Nuff said

Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

37. my bumper sticker reads Jun 11, 2002, 04:17 anon@203.96

i luv sierra.

is that good?

36. Bah... Jun 10, 2002, 23:18 anon@66.67

Sierra STILL sucks.  

35. Re: But... Jun 10, 2002, 22:02 Magikfingers

The "rocket launcher" you speak of in CS is a L.A.W. - a light antitank weapon. It's a one shot, unguided rocket. It takes a grenade slot if I remember right. It's not like rocket launchers in Quake or UT with a seemingly unending supply of ammo without a reload time.

I'm not worried about CZ either - I'm looking foward to it - to play the single player side and to see the new weapons and such.

54 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo