Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

DOOM III Video

A ShakyCam video of the DOOM III presentation at E3 became available online earlier today. True to its nature, the video is rather shaky and occasionally blatantly uncentered, but image and sound quality are decent, and the ten minute DivX clip (46.1 MB) offers a fair insight into the gameplay, environment, weapons and monsters that were demonstrated at the show by id Software. Update: It turns out videos of DOOM III were not allowed to be released, which we weren't aware of at the time of posting. Therefore the download links have been removed from this news story.

View
214 Replies. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

214. Re: DOOM and it's greatness Jun 4, 2002, 14:09 anon@66.61

EVERYONE PILE ON!
LET ME IN ON THE FUN TOO!
@@#*&$^*&#$^&*##$^#)$#&*$^#*&$#)$^#$^#

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

213. hey guys! Can any1 point me where to d/l Jun 4, 2002, 13:05 anon@12.247

BTW. how much does this engine go for?

-Game is easy to make once your team know the capabilities of this engine..anyway, i've heard that this particular engine was mainly optimize for the single player w/ environmental fx..where does that leave multi-cap? I also understand that maybe we'll also see DM but at a slower pace (fps) incomparsion to the older quake's engine...

-my guess is that ID (like resident evil) is trying to immerse the feeling of fear
(bah! maybe it'll startle u but absolutely not FEAR..The
only fearing in me is my girlfriend's cooking)
with interaction with the environment, details, & storyline (from the "11'th hour" author, really!?! I thought that was a love-story)...anyway just maybe... it's rendering tooo much individual-objects'graphics..which will slow down the sys-even with the most advance video card out there, yes?

(last note: Once id do finished there "doom" product maybe their revenue sales might not meet their expectations', not because of their well-innovative software but because of their overwhelming desire to demand of the latest hardware)

whether it's a good gamble or not? considering that the majority of the gaming community are now hunger moreso than ever towards multi-playability and the masses aren't willing to completely upgrading their pc hardware just for a single game when the consoles are at war with it's price.
Although few hardcore gamers may argue that it's incomparison to playing on PC vs. Console ..since PC will always be 2years ahead in tech. But that is the ques I'm trying to raise, will ID make enough money on DOOM3 solely on hardcore gamers alone AT THIS PRESENT TIME?!?!

Agree or disagree?

-"Well, didn't ID made funny-money in the past titles...
furthermore *even if* ID didn't earn as much money this time around there is that great newest-engine ready for SALE ..not to mention promoting hardwares, future movie deal, toys, etc... in the end, John Carmack will be driving another new sportcar!" Damn geek!

-valve employee

212. Re: Heh, loverly wiccans and satanists Jun 4, 2002, 03:22 anon@12.237

If a Christian insults someone in wica or a satanist he does not truly know what he believes. Please fogive him for he knows not what he does. A true Christian would lay down his life, pride or anything for that matter for the WICA and Satanist because he knows where he is going and where they are going. So in order to fulfill his beliefs of love "agape" he would give that WICA, Satanist or any other religion of worship one more chance to be saved at all cost, especially at his own cost or expence.  

211. Re: Heh, loverly christians... Jun 4, 2002, 03:06 anon@12.237

I have a dream. To one day see that all Doomers are created equal.....Bang.....Thump. Poor devil I knew him well. Hey fellow Doomers, this game hits deep in the heart of many Christians and secular folks alike. You may have been the nerd who got kicked around by folks who remind you of Demons or if your may have turned the other cheeck for years. Now that the devil has a form other than a Normal Human the Kick Ass action of justice with Arch Angel fury gets your imagination running and your andrenaline pumping. Plain and simple folks. LOOK SHOOT and kill the bad guy. YAHOOOOO!  

210. Re: insults and idiocy Jun 3, 2002, 22:50 anon@64.231

It's me from #192. Sorry my poor punctuation, grammar and otherwise improper use of the english language offended you. You are correct of course, this I do not deny. However, you have missed the entire point of the post and brought up another interesting point. I enjoy posting remoarks about people I feel are idiots and morons. I very greatly enjoy the replies... Most of my remarks are extremely slanted and designed to illicit a response, which usually they do. I have not had my grammar corrected before however. Why would you bother? The point is not how well I can type, or how limited the editing capabilities of a message board post are. Certainly if I had proof read my post I would have caught these silly grammatical errors. From your post I assume you have perfected time travel as your grammar seems to indicate you live both in the present and the past: I quote (copy and pasted as per your instruction.) "Feel free to replace "idiot" and "moron" and "______" with whatever you chose." I may not be an English major nor a scholar, but I believe "CHOSE" should read "CHOOSE" correct? If I am right, then you are a moron, or you're a moron, or you're an idiot. By chance if I am wrong, well your still a moron. Do us all a favor, keep it on topic...  

209. Re: DOOM and it's greatness Jun 3, 2002, 11:55 anon@128.39

[qoute]
That's all I (agnostic nihilistic buddhist) wanted to say.
[/qoute]

nihilistic buddhist? isn't that an oxymoron?

208. Re: Heh, loverly christians... Jun 2, 2002, 17:04 anon@66.218

"And REAL satanism isn't worshipping the devil 'because he is evil', but because we believe that he is the one that truly wants freedom for the people, as opposed to god who wants conformity"

Thats funny, I see it completely the opposite way. My belief is that The illusion that Satan creates is exactly what you're explaining. Satan twists truth, a beautiful angel he is. Satan believes that life is more important than freedom, a very attractive idea for us mortal human. Satan attempts to suggest that life on this earth is the end - live it up - put your SELF before all things.

When I think of God, and Jesus Christ... I don't feel restricted at all. Perhaps what you're confusing them with are the false institutions that simply present themselves as Christians. You should all know that simply going by a title doesn't make you worthy of that name.

When I think of God, I think of a very chaotic force, one that I can't fully realise. God is all things, including Satan. When I think of Jesus Christ, I understand him to be a human, one of peace - and the true son of God. God, that being that we can not stand before, or else we'd apparently die. Jesus is the connection, the hybrid human/god between our world and God's true domain.

I don't know the answers. But I do know that there is a lot of effort to twist the truth - to push people to believe that this world is the end.

I guess because I believe that Jesus was here on this earth, and believe he is who he claims he is, I guess that makes me a Christian.

Do you realise what that means? Freedom. We are humans. God created us. He understands that we sin - we are not perfect, nor were we made to be. The bible really only states one thing - that we believe in Jesus Christ, and then we're granted passage into heaven when we die. All of the stuff about gays, not eating pork, sacrificing lambs and other crap - thats the old testiment, prior to Jesus's arival.

I often question the existence of a Hell. I wonder, why would God bother making us if we're simply destined to go to Hell? My latest beliefe is this: We're all given the opportunity to search for the truth. It is when we're given the truth and we deny it - that we're destined for hell. When we've stopped thinking, using our minds to search out the truth, we are in a sense, dead.

As someone who is still searching for truth...to all others out there - never stop thinking. If you keep an open mind you may find, as I have, that you're not living in a world that simply came to existence by random chance.

Now - about DOOM. BRING IT ON!!! GIVE ME EVIL SHIT! Its all good.

207. DooM Jun 2, 2002, 14:13 anon@205.162

It is unfortunate that some people won't be able to see the ShakyCam video, although I could understand why Id would not want it to be released on the net, becuase what that video contained was truly breath taking, in my mind.

What amazed me the most was not the texture quality, or the lighting, or the sound, or even the animation. But I have to say that it looked and felt like doom. I am speaking of the structure of the corridors and rooms. The way the monsters looked and moved. And the way the guns worked and were handled. I truly saw the old school DooM in that unoffical preview.

Another thing that blew mw away were smaller thing like how the Hell Knight lumbered right up to you and did a Shambler double handed smash on you just like in Quake. Another thing was how the Commandoes had a "tentcal-like" arm similer to the parasites in Quake 2. If you see what I am getting at I just was astonished to see such a combination of Id's previous games in the DooM video. I am sure that there are a lot more but the Video was only so long and showed much but not a lot which I am glad for becuase Id always dose such a great job and staying quite and focusing on the project they are working on. I am very excited to see what Id is going to to when they finish the game completely and at lest I can be sure that when they do that the Game will be done.

But then again this is all just my opinion and how I felt about what i saw. I was not trying to prove a point or state something to disprove someone else. It is just my opinion so take it as how ever you want to.

-THESAL

206. Re: insults and idiocy Jun 2, 2002, 13:37 anon@198.139

I don't care about your grammar, I don't care about your spelling. However, if you're going to attempt to insult someone, it's pretty embarassing to say "your an idiot." I know you don't get it, but please just take my word for it. It's hard to be embarassed about it when you're ignorant (ignorance is bliss, they say), so you're just going to have to trust me.

Copy these and paste them into a random text document that you keep on your desktop for easy access:

You're an idiot.
You're a moron.
You're a ______. (fill in the blank)

Now whenever you feel the need to insult someone, just open that text document and copy and paste. Feel free to replace "idiot" and "moron" and "______" with whatever you chose. That way, you may actually make the other person look like an idiot, instead of you being the one who looks like an idiot.

Thanks!
your a moron

Me not think you not should be talking such hurtful thing's.

205. Re: insults and idiocy Jun 2, 2002, 11:20 anon@193.10

I don't care about your grammar, I don't care about your spelling. However, if you're going to attempt to insult someone, it's pretty embarassing to say "your an idiot." I know you don't get it, but please just take my word for it. It's hard to be embarassed about it when you're ignorant (ignorance is bliss, they say), so you're just going to have to trust me.

Copy these and paste them into a random text document that you keep on your desktop for easy access:

You're an idiot.
You're a moron.

Now whenever you feel the need to insult someone, just open that text document and copy and paste. Feel free to replace "idiot" and "moron" and "______" with whatever you chose. That way, you may actually make the other person look like an idiot, instead of you being the one who looks like an idiot.

Thanks!

your a moron

204. Re: insults and idiocy Jun 2, 2002, 07:51 Hump

http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame31.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

203. Re: insults and idiocy Jun 2, 2002, 03:23 anon@68.98

I think you embarassed yourself by actualy making a post to correct someones grammer.

You're an idiot.
You're a moron.

Thanks!

202. Re: insults and idiocy Jun 2, 2002, 01:04 anon@12.247

1. embarrasses
2. actually
3. someone's - possesion
4. teacher's message-board - possesion again
5. fragment sentences
6. punctuations
7. quote must include a ? inside
8. double spacing after every period

-immigrate student

201. Re: #200 !!!! Jun 2, 2002, 01:00 anon@204.32

.....don't move....let me get you a towel.%)  

200. #200 !!!! Jun 2, 2002, 00:41 anon@24.208

woohoo awww yaaaa pass the sock i need to clean up  

199. #199... Jun 2, 2002, 00:40 anon@24.208

oh ya here i go  

198. Re: insults and idiocy Jun 2, 2002, 00:15 anon@65.170

Lol, calm down man. "embarasses us all"? I think you embarassed yourself by actualy making a post to correct someones grammer. How much time do you have on your hands?Find an english teachers message board if you get that bent out of shape on bad grammer.

Oh, did I spell everything right?

197. Re: insults and idiocy Jun 1, 2002, 19:42 anon@24.200

Here I am, checking our Blue's News as usual...and noticing (since there were no new news) that the Doom 3 Video Thread was up to 196 posts...was wondering what all the fuss was about - until I read the last couple of pages...

I just find it pretty amazing what time ppl will lose over some meaningless/made-up issues.

Annnnnnnnnyway...I didn't read all the religious back and forth, but I will say this: For every religious "fanatic" hating the fact that there are pentagrams in Doom, and saying that Doom is a game to makes you worship satan or whatever else - When you play Doom, you're the good guy battling hell forces - Of COURSE you will end up in hellish places - but you're preventing it from converting the whole world to the same. You are combating evil.

Doom is actually funded by the Vatican!

196. insults and idiocy Jun 1, 2002, 18:11 anon@68.98

Although this is directed at posts 192 and 193, you should all pay attention.

When you insult someone, specifically by calling the person an idiot or moron, please make sure that you are using the correct "your".

It's "you're an idiot" and "you're a moron". Go ahead, copy that to the clipboard for future reference; I don't mind. But please please please don't say "your an idiot" (WRONG) and "your a moron" (WRONG), as it embarasses us all.

Thanks.

195. DOOM III gameplay Jun 1, 2002, 17:19 anon@195.121

Right on, post 192. Besides, did anyone watch the Deus Ex movie footage (link also on blues)

What did we see? A bit of walking through some tube filled halls and corridors, the 1st person protagonist kicks some barrel with flames (oh weakness: the flames keep on burning upside down as if nothing happened)to demo the "interactive surroundings" and we see some mecahnised drone which we know from the original Deus Ex.

My point is: we all know how rich a storyline Deus Ex had. We can expect the same from its sequel. Yet in the demo all we see is some strolling. Now suppose that everybody would comment on the gameplay of this yet to be released title based on this couple of minutes footage?

Same with DOOM III. Couple of minutes footage and everybody can tell what the sum total gameplay will be? What a lapse of reasoning this is.

Duffy said there will be NPC's, some working with and some working against you. A clear indication that not all that moves needs to be shot at clear sight.

I cannot predict what the overall gameplay or gameplay concept will be. But I hate these trolls with too much spare time and excrement where their brains should be, those sad, complacent Mr. know-it-alls who in fact are the very problem of the games communities and the perception of same by the mainstream media.

214 Replies. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo