Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

DOOM III Announced

id Software Partners With Activision on DOOM III is the press release announcing both the official title for id's new first-person shooter that went by the "new DOOM game" label since it was first unveiled nearly two years ago (story), and a renewal of their co-operation with Activision to publish and distribute the game. As always, a projected release date is not listed, but the game will be shown at E3 later this month. Here is an excerpt:

SANTA MONICA, Calif., May 3 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- id Software(TM) and Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI - news) announced today that Activision will be the worldwide licensed distributor for DOOM III(TM), the latest installment in one of the most successful franchises in PC gaming history. Built on id's revolutionary new 3D graphics engine, DOOM III draws players into the most frightening and gripping 3D gaming experience ever created. DOOM III is currently in development for the PC by id Software and will debut at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo in Activision's booth #1224 in the South Hall.

"DOOM III will change what people expect to see and experience in a PC game," said Todd Hollenshead, CEO, id Software. "We couldn't be more psyched about DOOM III, and are thrilled to debut the title at E3 with Activision. Get ready to be terrified."

"We are excited to continue our successful and long-standing relationship with id," said Larry Goldberg, executive vice president, Activision Worldwide Studios. "I'm sure that id fans and action gamers alike share our anticipation for the latest incarnation of DOOM, which is one of the most important franchises in PC gaming history. There is no doubt that DOOM III will be at the top of every gamer's most wanted list."

View
207 Replies. 11 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

187. Re: HAIL TO THE KING, BABY! May 9, 2002, 23:15 anon@217.81

ok ok

gay newscriptsfuxx0red up the elite DOOM ASCII Logo

GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

Anyway........... DOOM III ......... THE ONE AND ONLY!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

186. HAIL TO THE KING, BABY! May 9, 2002, 23:14 anon@217.81

================= =============== =============== ======== ========
\\ . . . . . . .\\ //. . . . . . .\\ //. . . . . . .\\ \\. . .\\// . . //
||. . ._____. . .|| ||. . ._____. . .|| ||. . ._____. . .|| || . . .\/ . . .||
|| . .|| ||. . || || . .|| ||. . || || . .|| ||. . || ||. . . . . . . ||
||. . || || . .|| ||. . || || . .|| ||. . || || . .|| || . | . . . . .||
|| . .|| ||. _-|| ||-_ .|| ||. . || || . .|| ||. _-|| ||-_.|\ . . . . ||
||. . || ||-' || || `-|| || . .|| ||. . || ||-' || || `|\_ . .|. .||
|| . _|| || || || || ||_ . || || . _|| || || || |\ `-_/| . ||
||_-' || .|/ || || \|. || `-_|| ||_-' || .|/ || || | \ / |-_.||
|| ||_-' || || `-_|| || || ||_-' || || | \ / | `||
|| `' || || `' || || `' || || | \ / | ||
|| .===' `===. .==='.`===. .===' /==. | \/ | ||
|| .==' \_|-_ `===. .===' _|_ `===. .===' _-|/ `== \/ | ||
|| .==' _-' `-_ `=' _-' `-_ `=' _-' `-_ /| \/ | ||
|| .==' _-' `-__\._-' `-_./__-' `' |. /| | ||
||.==' _-' `' | /==.||
==' _-' \/ `==
\ _-' `-_ /
`'' ``'

185. Re: * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III May 9, 2002, 23:13 anon@217.81

DOOM III

184. * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III May 9, 2002, 23:12 anon@217.81

* ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III * ID SOFTWARE * DOOM III  

183. No subject May 9, 2002, 22:02 teh mane mahn

What is this "life" and where can I download it?

-----

Only a fool wants to hear the echo of his own voice.

_____

The possible pain, suffering and sacrifice of discovery are by no means an excuse to remain ignorant.

The bartering of things sought earned are by a means which only little men can abide by and hope to achieve.

182. Re: To be clear on post #173 May 9, 2002, 20:45 Scheherazade

i keep playing cause computers are a hobby of mine, and so is software. i have a constantly updated computer (gf4, like you mentioned, but i got it for the hell of it already), and i love to toy with making games. id's shit has been great for playing with (internally i mean) cause its written so clearly and their event system takes well to changes. in any case, i have a decent computer, might as well do something with it. its great for games, so thats what i do with it. besides, what else would i do when i'm at home and nobody feels like going out somewhere. might as well go dm a while.

-scheherazade

181. life May 9, 2002, 20:41 anon@80.200

I have no life, and with DOOM III on it's way, i'm pretty confident it will stay tgat way... hurrah!  

180. Re: just mentioning May 9, 2002, 20:19 anon@159.91

...many would say, the true way to play Thief, is NOT to bonk anyone on the head...

>;^)

179. To be clear on post #173 May 9, 2002, 20:02 anon@67.203

Hello everyone!, ummmm I did the post #173, it is meant to be smothered in sarcasm to Sheresadehead's post about how you do this, you do that, and then u get this when u play FPS's.

I mean, his description of it puts me to sleep, much less trying to figure why he keeps playing them.
I was being witty, see now? I think the get up, crap, go to work, come home dude has nailed it shut though.

AND for my 2 million worth, I would like to add that DOOM3 will have me FINALLY buying a new computer, and of course a geforce4 or newer.
It is certain to be the only game I play, next to worms armageddon when I want to giggle. I know DOOM3 will be an extreme thrillride and only cost a lousy 40 dollars. ( or free for all you software hacking, stealing, pinheaded losers out there)
I will download all the free maps, the new mods, enemies, and will be a very happy person who is totally insane.

Thanks id software for giving me a reason to upgrade and a reason to live.,..... ahhhhhh

178. Re: just mentioning May 9, 2002, 19:51 Scheherazade

RE:174

actually, i've been playing computer games since before doom. i still play some today, but i'm largely tired of it all. i pretty much only play urban terror for q3a time to time. a little diablo2 (once every few months i have a spurt). i used to play everything a lot, all kinds. space sims, flight sims, strategy, rpg (fallout is god-game leet shit i love it),and fps. i started online multiplayer before the internet was even a word everyone knew. mostly BBS play. someone runs a server with like 20 phone lines, you have a subscription, and you dial in. all the people dialed in can start game rooms and DM. i played doom multiplayer for a couple years. i actually skipped 'quake1 on the internet' to keep playing doom over BBS cause it was so much more action packed and faster paced.

i guess its a little sad that doom3 will be slower paced. but i'll prolly whip up a fast paced retro mod for it. i plan on making a monsters vs marines gloom-style mod for it. should be ez, little art to do, just a game mode addition.

my opinion about people blaming their actions on anything else, is that they are looking for a scape goat (is this how you say it? or is there another spelling for the saying scape goat) so that they can pull off a lighter sentence. people that make it an issue, are lawyers, or have money to make off of it. they publicise it and part of the world agrees with them. in all sereousness, i believe there is something inately wrong with a persons mentality if they dont have a grasp on reality. the fault lies in their mental incapacity, and not in an influences they can encounter.

RE 176.

nothing unlively about it. i play them for the action. its the only reason i still do at all. and we, in essence, like ants, are all the same. if you choose to think thats a sad or dismal outlook, then thats how you take it. personally, i dont think there is anything sad about it. i dont dwell on such matters. i just go day by day and have my fun.

i have played thief, and i enjoyed it a lot (till the time i got bored of it. not saying its booring. i just tire of any game pretty fast). 1 more so than 2 though. though, you can still break it down into 'you're in first person, and you're shooting shit' (well, whacking it in the head).

-scheherazade

This comment was edited on May 9, 20:00.

177. Re: just mentioning May 9, 2002, 19:21 Tony!!!

I hope the public get to see footage of Doom when it's shown at E3. It's not going to be closed door is it? Hope not. Although I WON'T be going this year (SONOFABITCH), I will be checking out as much footage as possible.

First It was Rock and Roll, then Movies...Now it's Video game. Some people are lame. It's called upbringing retards. Look at the mindjobs in the middle east. They don't get music, movies OR video games and look how warped and homicidal they all are. Get a clue, Its Entertainment that soothes the savage beast.
see, im smiling and happy

-Tony!!!;)
my 360 user name is Robo Pop

176. Re: just mentioning May 9, 2002, 19:15 Tony!!!

Well, Schwindleflooger.

Have you played Thief?

And really, with that outlook you could say everybody's lives are the same. You get up. You eat. You crap. You work. You get home. Blah blah blah. Different views, same shit.
Why don't you liven up a bit and enjoy the ride. And what do you expect from a First Person SHOOTER? Loving relationships and happy puppy dogs jumping in your lap.
It's about action.

-Tony!!!;)

175. Re: HELLION May 9, 2002, 19:09 Tony!!!

Yea, I hear ya on that. There have also been other Duke games as well. But As far as I'm conserned, and others probably, The 3d titles are the only ones that count.
It's just a damn shame there taking so long on the damn game. You have to wonder what the hell is going on. Other engine upgrade? I wonder if there going to incorperate the Karna physics like all current Unreal game are going to.

-Tony!!!;)

174. Re: just mentioning May 9, 2002, 17:24 anon@169.206

This is, unfortunately, a typical "non-gamer" response, as I'm sure the rest of you know.

While the intent is sincere, the fact of the matter is this is the type of response that is fostered by the media hype surrounding FPS type games.

A FPS game has yet to be proven the "cause" of some of the tragic incidents that have recently occurred like the Columbine shootings.

The individuals who have been involved with these types of incidents were dealing with far bigger emotional/mental issues than what could be influenced one way or the other by a PC game.

We know they're not real life. That's why we play them. It's escapist entertainment--just like a movie--and there's nothing wrong with that.

173. Re: just mentioning May 9, 2002, 17:07 anon@67.202

Your emotional attachment to these so called "games" seems to overwhelm you at time. They are not real life , no matter what you may think, PLEASE go seek professional counseling before you role play out a DOOM marine in real life.
PEOPLE, this is just plain scary!

172. just mentioning May 9, 2002, 15:11 Scheherazade

first FPS was abyss. you could walk in 4 directions (turn 90 degrees at a time). the enemy's had 2 frames. 1 for normal, 1 for attacking. you walked around in a world like wolf, except the textures were more like 32x32. and in essence the floor was like a chess board. it didn't look like one, but you could walk at sectors at a time instead of anywhere on the floor.

just thought i'd mention.

also, imo, all fps's are the same. you're in 1st person. you're shooting other stuff. not much differs from this.

the storys are also about the same.
doom - shit invades from another dimension, you kill it.+goto that dimension.
doom2 - shit invades from another dimension, you kill it.+goto that dimension.
quake - shit invades from another dimension, you kill it.+goto that dimension.
halflife - shit invades from another dimension, you kill it.+goto that dimension.
Ssam - shit invades from another dimension, you kill it.+goto that dimension.
quake2 - shit invades from another planet, you kill it.+goto that planet.
unreal - you fall into another planet, meet shit, you kill it.+goto ... off the planet.

ok, so unreal differs a little.

all the combat is the same. shoot, dodge, shoot, dodge, repeat. pick-up/get health.

the differences are the art and stats tweaks. levels look different, models look different. you run/accellerate differently.

weapons are different, but in essence just 'projectile launchers'
varying in / rate / power / spread.

its really all the same, there is no better/worse argument, just different.

gameplay? same business. compare HL to Serious Sam. they are the complete opposites, though, not far apart. so everything in between, is just like them both.
HL - look out, shoot, duck back. repeat.
Ssam - straffe around, shoot.
everything else fits in between somewhere.

monsters?
HL - powerful attacks, charge, giving you a chance to shoot+duck before they can fire.
Ssam - weaker attacks, slower, ez to dodge. straffe around.

both will leave you repeating the same process over and over. EVERY game just makes you repeat the same process over and over. there are no 'super duper cooler than the others games'. its all just more stuff that differes by some details. in the end, its just what you like more, for whatever reason.

i'm expecting doom3 to be just like everything else. first person+shoot enemys. however it differs wont matter to me. its all the same anyways. as long as i have some fun with it it'll be all good.

-scheherazade

171. Re: HELLION May 9, 2002, 11:00 =HELLION=

re: #170
heh yea , altho if i really thought about it i should have said duke nukem fore , because of all the other side jobs they have done such as all the ones for the game boy and other consoles and also manhattan project wich seems to have come out b4 duke nukem fore
(heh just thought of something it has taken duke nukem forever to come out LOL) oh heh

--- When you hear the roar of the lion you know your too close ---

170. Re: HELLION May 9, 2002, 03:45 anon@213.66

Nope. There were two duke games before duke 3d, two side scrollers. Duke 3D was a sequel to those, which makes it DN3 and which makes duke forever DN4.  

169. Re: hmm May 9, 2002, 01:11 anon@67.202

lol,,,,,,,, it is frustrating when people still cant spell id correctly,,,,,,,,,,, how unobservant do they have to be,,,,,,,
its on the freaking startup screen to their games, on the boxes, the web sites,,,,,,,,, omg how dumb

168. Re: HELLION May 8, 2002, 19:26 Tony!!!

What the heck is DN4? Duke Nukem 4? Well, Duke Forever will be the first sequel to the original Duke 3d. Doesnt that make it DN2?

-Tony!!!;)

207 Replies. 11 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo