Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

TRIBES 2 Q&A

HomeLan Fed's TRIBES 2 Update Q&A catches up with Jeff Tunnell of GarageGames to discuss the recent announcement that this company that's made up of many of the original TRIBES 2 developers are the folks undertaking the project to create the next TRIBES 2 patch. The conversation covers how this arrangement came to be, his opinion of the current state of TRIBES 2, whether the community's input is being taken for this project at this point, what leeway they will have on this project, testing plans, how big the patch will be, as well as a bit on Realm Wars, their "community" Torque-engine project.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: GGames May 1, 2002, 18:48 anon@208.236

Are you kidding? They "GG" don't give a rats ass about Tribes 2 at this point. Why are they doing the patch? Because Sierra is paying them a not insignificant sum of money (at least to a company who have VERY LITTLE revenue at this point.) Garage Games is responsible for the demise of Tribes... Not Sierra. Sierra was just left holding the bag after the bullshit that was pulled on them by the Tribes defectors. It's too bad that all of Dynamix ultimately had to pay the price for the GREED of a few.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: GGames May 1, 2002, 18:23 Rantage

After reading the interview, does anyone else get the feeling that Jeff and Garage Games only sees this patch (oh, I'm sorry "update") as a way to make a few bucks for Garage Games.

Perhaps...I see it more as a means for Sierra to string the Tribes2 community along for a few more months until the expansion is ready for release.

Why people are so eager to buy something Tribes-related from Sierra after the 12-month debacle that Tribes2 has been is beyond me.
This comment was edited on May 1, 18:24.

============================================
http://www.steelmaelstrom.org

4. Re: re: Tribes 2 Q&A May 1, 2002, 13:11 ZigZang

Ok, thanks Schnapple, make me look like a sour-puss... but I think you're right.  
ZigZang

3. Re: re: Tribes 2 Q&A May 1, 2002, 12:25 Schnapple

My take is that they don't want to create the impression that they're the new Tribes 2 saviours, mainly that they're going to fix the game finally.

Schnapple

http://members.tripod.com/schnapple99/

Schnapple

http://www.schnapple.com/

2. re: Tribes 2 Q&A May 1, 2002, 12:05 Tigger

Woohoo!

Got to agree with ZigZang - as long as it gets fixed...

This comment was edited on May 1, 12:09.

--
Tigger
Vic Fontaine for President

1. GGames May 1, 2002, 11:37 ZigZang

After reading the interview, does anyone else get the feeling that Jeff and Garage Games only sees this patch (oh, I'm sorry "update") as a way to make a few bucks for Garage Games. Where is the love, Jeff? Oh, well. As long as the patch fixes everything. . . .

This comment was edited on May 1, 11:39.

ZigZang

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo