Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

DN: Manhattan Project Previews

There are brief but handson previews of Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project on both FBI Reviews and XGR, looking ahead to the upcoming 3D platform action game by Sunstorm Interactive and ARUSH Entertainment. The first article offers a tongue-in-cheek introduction, an overview of the game's premise and gameplay, as well as features they liked and disliked, while the second preview offers similarly sparse impressions of the Prism engine that powers the game and a few other aspects. Both are naturally illustrated with some new screenshots.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. reviews? Apr 8, 2002, 10:49 anon@64.71

Neither of these guys seems to be what I'd call a "real journalist". I'm glad they both liked the game, it *is* a very fun game indeed, but honestly a lot of these "review" sites appear to be nothing more than some kid jacking off to his own image in the mirror. The FBI stuff tends to be particularly inane. Why do they even bother?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. ha Apr 8, 2002, 08:23 Pete

DN: Manhattan Project 6 will be released before DNF

Doin' it Big

7. Poor writing Apr 8, 2002, 08:07 anon@80.1

These sites are barely literate. "XGR" calls the game "repeatative" for God's sake.  

6. No subject Apr 8, 2002, 05:55 Hump

A Duke side-scroller just seems so....right.

It looks like the have the humor down pat (billboard of an old lady with the caption "When its time to put her away.....Sunny Hills Nursing home") and the engine looks quite spiffy. Hell, Dukes proper roots are in sidescrolling-land. Its a natural.

I'll buy it,

This comment was edited on Apr 8, 06:05.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

5. Re: No subject Apr 8, 2002, 05:48 Toad

Bwah! The textures look like they're designed with old 3dfx hardware in mind (256x256 max texture resolution) and the dominatrix model lacks polygons in the derriere, giving it a spiky appearance.

I'm all in favor of the 3D-scroller game style myself. Strider 2 was pretty nifty.

4. Re: No subject Apr 8, 2002, 05:07 anon@68.51

So.. what you're saying is.. sidescrollers are not fun?  

3. I think... Apr 8, 2002, 04:13 Ray Marden

...that I may pick up this game for the heck of it. It is Duke Nukem, it can be had for $25, and there are not a lot of upcoming PC releases that interest me.

Having beat JKII already, waiting for Morrowind,
Ray

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 24, 2000: The day I learned that Looking Glass was no more.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

2. Re: No subject Apr 8, 2002, 04:09 anon@24.162

It's a fucking *SIDE SCROLLER*!! It isn't even comparable to DNF!! It might be fun if you like side-scrollers. If you like FPS games, then this game won't get you off. Now go check yourself into Twats Anonymous.  

1. No subject Apr 8, 2002, 01:13 anon@68.51

This game looks better then DNF. Maybe it won't be as 'IMMERSIVE!!!11' or 'COMPELLING!!@#!!'. Hell, they might even forget to add the 'EDGY DYSTOPIAN FUTURE!!~~!@' I mean.. you might not even get to play on A SLOT MACHINE, JUST LIKE DNF!!!

Dispite all these flaws, it looks more 'fun' then DNF.

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo