Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

TRIBES 2 Re-release Plans

A post on TribalWar, citing information gleaned from a marathon WSBN broadcast, has news of plans to re-release TRIBES 2 sometime later this year. According to the update, this was revealed by the folks behind the Base++ modification, which, along with another yet-unnamed mod, will be part of the re-release.

View
101 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

101. T2 is great Apr 12, 2002, 15:13 anon@12.8

Play T2 everynight. It's always different, I never get bored. Sure, sometimes there is a Tker, but once we know who he is, they are booted. If someone starts spaming voice commands, they are booted. Most of the time, people stay in line and play the game.
I'm glad Sierra is gonna fix T2, the game concept is too good to let die. If Sierra did give up on it, then someone else would just copy it. After flying vehicles, driving tanks, grav cycles, and jetting around, everything else seems ordinary.

I hope people come back when the patch is released, and give it another try, because you're really missing out on a great game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

100. post 100 Apr 12, 2002, 12:17 anon@24.98

99. Re: The decline of Tribes Apr 12, 2002, 11:24 hethatknows

Sorry chum, I'm on quite a few meds for this sickness I have ;P. I probably didn't mean to type that. Anyways, carry on!  
Love many, trust few, and always paddle your own canoe.

98. Re: No subject Apr 12, 2002, 11:22 anon@67.32

I played quite a few games with TK's that were never kicked. I guess you could say the game was "dominated" by TK's....  

97. Re: not all the mods were bad Apr 12, 2002, 11:20 hethatknows

a few of them were pretty good
I never played any of the mods, but I will agree there were some that were good. I remember some from the original Tribes that were fun.
but most just amped the speed and gave people super weapons
This is where things get ugly. I guess there are some who like that type of play. Mods are all around good until they start trying to give one team/person an advantage over the others. The way I see it is this:

• If you want speed and powerful weapons, switch over and play a DM game of Quake or Unreal Tourney

• If you want team play and strategy, play Tribes 2

• I hope this game continues to thrive just as the first one did.

96. Re: No subject Apr 11, 2002, 23:41 anon@62.104

I have never had problems with TKs. the ppl were all that nice to get him kicked as soon as he started TKing.  

95. No subject Apr 11, 2002, 23:00 teh mane mahn

"only the real cool players played it and the most were very good at it too."

Yeah, I thought teamkillers were pretty cool too...

-----

Only a fool wants to hear the echo of his own voice.

_____

The possible pain, suffering and sacrifice of discovery are by no means an excuse to remain ignorant.

The bartering of things sought earned are by a means which only little men can abide by and hope to achieve.

94. Re: The decline of Tribes Apr 11, 2002, 22:51 anon@62.104

right, the ppl are even worse on Q3A or UT. but thats because these are games which everyone has and every kiddo plays it. tribes1 was totally different, only the real cool players played it and the most were very good at it too. there ARE games with mostly nice ppl on, BUT those games are games which are not known that well or played by all sorts of ppl. i.e. look at everquest or other MMORPGs. the most ppl are all cool and nice because ALL KIND of ppl play it. like the 40 year old father/mother or the the occasional 60 year old grandpa. heck, look at the percentage of women that play those games!!! now look at games like Q3A and youll see that these ppl are all much younger ppl and not mixed together that well. tribes1 was cool because not that many ppl played it and those who did, wanted to have something else than the 10000 differnt 3D shooters. the most nice players and clanmembers I met in tribes1 were 22+ or older. I have yet to find another 3d shooter which had that many women playing it, too. tribes2 lost this "community-feature" I dont know why, maybe its just because of the growing popularity in games and all those CHEATER-screamers that came from CS.

I have another good example: I played JediKnight2 multiplayer since it came out. about 3 days ago I didnt met one single person that were arrogant or other kind of an bitching idiot. not a single insult until then!! but since those 3 days it gets worse and worse. now its already that bad that every game I play is less fun because of all those ppl who start insulting you because you killed them or accusing you of cheating because you are better then they are or they start acting like little arrogant kids when they beat someone like laughing at them or calling them n00b etc etc.
    I agree thats one of the problem of online gaming and you need a thick hide for it if you want to have fun at those games. I dont have such a thick hide and thats what makes me sad that you need more likely a thick hide than skill. maybe some day online games arent that anonymous anymore and the communities will grow maturity once again.

93. Re: The decline of Tribes Apr 11, 2002, 22:23 small_garlic

The points I made about the decline of Tribes might apply to other games as well, but I don't know for sure. People still exploit bugs to gain an unfair (and unplanned) advantage over others, and a large percentage of the users are vulgar and rude. Do they do this in UT, Q3, SWAT#, etc? Probably.

"...any game with Multiplayer has this involved." So, how exactly is that you disagreeing with what I said? You just agreed with it.

92. not all the mods were bad Apr 11, 2002, 22:10 anon@64.229

a few of them were pretty good, but most just amped the speed and gave people super weapons

base ex was one i used to like before it just vanished, was only available on one guys server though. Had a lot of features that they later put into regular patched versions.

91. Re: TRIBES 2 Apr 11, 2002, 20:19 hethatknows

This is the worst excuse for a post i've ever seen in my life.
    TRIBES 2 suck! dont buy this peice of s***
    It's odd to see how many of you rushed out and bought the game when it first became available, and now how many of you are turning your backs on it. Tribes 2 is still a great game, I play it all the time. Note that this is a matter of opinion. What's becoming sickening are the fact that everyone wants to play with mods. Mods, mods, mods, mods, mods... This can sometimes remove skill, and ultimately ruin the gameplay.

So these are my thoughts about the upcoming "re-release".
  • It's a horrible excuse for a "game of the year edition

• The game's quality does seem somewhat deluted now

• It's not a waste, just get ASE and filter out only the games you want to play

• That being said, everyone take care.

90. Re: The decline of Tribes Apr 11, 2002, 20:09 hethatknows

Now don't go bashing Tribes if you aren't going to bash every other online game. Unreal Tourney, Quake 3, Swat 3, any game with Multiplayer has this involved.
    I disagree completely with what you just said.

89. TRIBES 2 Apr 11, 2002, 19:14 anon@131.96

TRIBES 2 suck! dont buy this peice of s***  

88. No subject Apr 11, 2002, 16:09 anon@64.230

Every online game (that I've played) has many players who enjoy exploiting unbalances, swearing at and demeaning others, and flat out cheating/hacking. It's a reality of online gaming, like it or not. The best you can do is to find a server that does not tolerate these things, and frequent it. Hell, I've been known to go off and swear at others on occasion, but that's just 'cuz I'm loopy. You can never take it personally, and you should never let it get to you. If you do, you're going to have a helluva time trying to play games online.

So if you're on Cyberfury's team in Day of Defeat, and he starts screaming at you for not playing well, just take it in stride, and tell 'em to have another beer.

87. Re: No subject Apr 11, 2002, 13:18 anon@213.64

We even added not only backdoors for server access we also added easter eggs

//# Easter Egg Configuration (can be changed in real time)

86. Re: No subject Apr 11, 2002, 13:02 anon@62.246

poor little puppy. here, have a cookie AND STFU!!!  

85. Re: No subject Apr 11, 2002, 12:25 anon@213.64

Join War2002 and phear DSA  

84. No subject Apr 11, 2002, 12:17 teh mane mahn

Have you had your wheaties yet?

-----

Only a fool wants to hear the echo of his own voice.

_____

The possible pain, suffering and sacrifice of discovery are by no means an excuse to remain ignorant.

The bartering of things sought earned are by a means which only little men can abide by and hope to achieve.

83. Re: No subject Apr 11, 2002, 11:23 anon@213.64

We arnt juviniles, we are Tribes VET's

DSA oWns j00

82. Re: No subject Apr 11, 2002, 11:20 anon@213.64

w3 /\r3 DSA, w3 \/\/1LL 0wn j00  

101 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..