Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Okay, so all of yesterday's talk of spring having sprung aside, it's not like 50 MPH winds are that unusual, and yes, it's cold today, but it's not like the snow we had around these parts last night stuck, so I'm standing behind my contention that it's spring. So there.

Rebel Boat Rocker is dead, their planned Knight Rider game is dead, hell's bells, David Hasselhoff's career and the Pontiac Trans Am are both on their last legs, but like a phoenix rising from the Arizona, is seems Knight Rider: The Movie is in the works, according to this MSN Entertainment Article (thanks Andrew Barilla). Word is this will probably feature younger operatives as the main character... I think this has Freddie Prinze Jr. written all over it.

Play Time: LEDhead Classic Electronic Handheld Game Simulator. Thanks Admiral Ackbar.
Link of the Day: The Brick Testament. The Bible in Lego. Thanks RebelScum.
Story of the Day: A Mac Box Worth Weight in Gold. Thanks Jamie Fullerton.
Bonus Story: CIA removes tracking software from Web site. Thanks Trey.
Auction of the Day: Russian Roulette Kids toy!!!!! Thanks Chris Johnson.
Weird Science: Dog Gets Donor's Pacemaker. Thanks WebDrift.
Wild Science: Pint-Size Triceratops Sheds Light on Evolution. Thanks [MP] Wolverine [MP].

View
42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

42. Re: No subject Mar 24, 2002, 21:02 anon@209.26

Hm, I think whether oral sex is horrible and hideous is pretty subjective there, buddy... but I guess we know your opinion... bad experience or what? Ahem.

I was being sarcastic. I have nothing against oral sex (most guys don't), but I know quite a few 'religous' folk who find anything to do with sex 'horrible' and 'hideous'...

So, Rigs, why don't you just register here? It'll be easier for you to post, and even easier for others to recognize you.

What are you getting at? I actually have registered before, long ago. I just find it easier to post anon. If you're implying that I'm hiding behind my lack of registration, you're wrong. I just hate logging in everywhere I go... (yes, I could have it 'remember me', but I use public systems often and that wouldn't be the best of ideas...)

=-Rigs-=

"Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going! We talked about peace. You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation. You didn't want cooperation. You want war! Is that it? You want a war? Well you've got a WAR!"
- John Sheridan, Babylon

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

41. No subject Mar 24, 2002, 19:35 teh mane mahn

So, Rigs, why don't you just register here? It'll be easier for you to post, and even easier for others to recognize you.

-----

Only a fool wants to hear the echo of his own voice.

_____

The possible pain, suffering and sacrifice of discovery are by no means an excuse to remain ignorant.

The bartering of things sought earned are by a means which only little men can abide by and hope to achieve.

40. Re: What's the big deal? Mar 24, 2002, 18:26 JediLuke

two pieces of plastic that are arranged to look like some horrible, hideous sexual act

Hm, I think whether oral sex is horrible and hideous is pretty subjective there, buddy... but I guess we know your opinion... bad experience or what? Ahem.

~Jedi

39. What's the big deal? Mar 24, 2002, 09:22 anon@209.26

My god man! Get over it! Listen, my grandparents were Catholic, my parents are Christian, some of their friends are Jewish, my sister is a Jehova Witness (sp? Too early, just woke up) and I'm just sittin' on the fence watchin it all. (No, I don't think I'm atheist, I just have my own beliefs. That doesn't make me one) It's not like the right hand of God himself will come down and strike you down for looking at two pieces of plastic that are arranged to look like some horrible, hideous sexual act. You believe what you believe. If it bothers you, fine. Just don't go on a crusade to change every man, woman and child to your way of thinking and blame it on you dedication to your religion...

=-Rigs-=

"Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going! We talked about peace. You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation. You didn't want cooperation. You want war! Is that it? You want a war? Well you've got a WAR!"
- John Sheridan, Babylon 5

38. No subject Mar 24, 2002, 08:52 anon@212.73

But, what about Knight Rider?! Can a car be christian? Or baptised? Will it affect the rust proofing?

...If Genesis (the book, not the band) is right, does that make us all AI?

Jack Luminous

37. Re: brick = bad? Mar 23, 2002, 16:09 Xombie

JediLuke - *nod nod* I'll fasten a name to my replies from now on I got confused too when I reread them.

Xombie x0mbie x0mb|e Xombie

36. Re: brick = bad? Mar 23, 2002, 15:28 JediLuke

And with Jimi Hendrix and Thomas Paine. FIRE! FIRE!

Try to quote those to whom you're replying. Your whole string of one sentence retorts, however appropriate, is difficult to make sense of without quoting.

Everyone knows Eric Clapton is God anyway.

~Jedi

This comment was edited on Mar 23, 15:32.

35. Re: Links Mar 23, 2002, 15:07 Buck Birdseed

I'm offended by Christianity. Ban the Christians!

Snapcase
News Editor
http://www.apolyton.net

Buck Birdseed
http://www.counterglow.com

34. Re: brick = bad? Mar 23, 2002, 14:47 Xombie

And with Jimi Hendrix and Thomas Paine. FIRE! FIRE!

33. Re: brick = bad? Mar 23, 2002, 14:45 Xombie

W00! TESTIFY!

32. Re: Links Mar 23, 2002, 14:45 Xombie

haha. teasing you? Christians are 80% of the american population, 90% of the american government. Don't play martyr here.

31. Re: Links Mar 23, 2002, 14:42 Xombie

Hm... ok. So you can dish it out but not take it. Alright. Even though that's wrong by bible itself...

30. brick = bad? Mar 23, 2002, 14:06 anon@24.208

there is no such thing as "god"..such beliefs are primitive  

29. Re: brick = bad? Mar 23, 2002, 11:38 JediLuke

An atheist, huh. Hey, but we're going to hell anyway, right? Along with the Jews, the Muslims, the Buddhists, and the gays and whatnot? Oh well.

~Jedi

28. Re: brick = bad? Mar 23, 2002, 11:36 anon@68.45

: :-gasp-: : An atheist!  

27. brick = bad? Mar 23, 2002, 11:04 re-Verse

Anyone that has a problem with this, has a problem with themselves, and must be pretty insecure about their beliefs, if they can be shaken so badly by a few logo characters.
Myself = athiest. But i figure i've got a pretty objective mind.

26. Re: Links Mar 23, 2002, 09:24 anon@24.93

No, it wouldn't bother me at all. I wouldn't visit it.  

25. Re: Links Mar 23, 2002, 09:24 anon@24.93

Anvil, I agree, we can and do withstand much more than this.

I was just sorry to see Blue linking to it...

24. Re: Links Mar 23, 2002, 06:31 anon@66.169

I have a couple of small problems with it
the bad:
1.The last 3 are mostly in bad taste, horribly out of context, or modernized (slaves) this is partly due to the Catholic Bible translation) The images in the last one are funny though)
2. The others could be more family friendly. (I'm fine with blood though)
3. God with crossed eyebrows, and Jesus doesn't look to happy (this could be due to model constraints?)

the good:
Great and often funny models though, even if not quite accurate

It is obviously not quite as blue puts it:
they seem to be stories taken straight from The Bible, told using Lego

23. Re: Links Mar 23, 2002, 05:04 Anvil

But when I see things that make fun of the Bible, I don't like it.

Fair enough. satire does keep us honest though. And the christian faith has withstood, and is withstanding, a lot more serious threats than folk teasing us.

Anvil

Anvil - from the land of warm beer and mad cattle.

42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo