Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Return to Castle Whatsis

A post on XGR outlines the changes that will be made to Return to Castle Wolfenstein to allow it to be released in Germany. Citing "my source over in Germany," they report, the German version of the game will have "replaced the Nazis with a cult called The Wolves" and "renamed Heinrich Himmler to Heinrich Höller." Update: A post on Shacknews quotes is CEO Todd Hollenshead who basically confirms the story, going on to explain the fairly obvious reasons behind the move.

View
89 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

69. Re: I'm sure that in Britain, at least.. Dec 11, 2001, 13:04 anon@131.111

Not true !!!

Please check for difference between CNAS and Uni qualifications. As for funding, both are equally able to apply for and recieve external funding and assistance here in the UK. Although those establishments (generally red brick/OxBridge Uni's) do better in this.

NONE are Private ! This is the UK not US

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

68. So if.... Dec 11, 2001, 13:01 anon@131.111

Germany has its, (IMHO) justifiable, laws preventing the continued presentation of Nazism etc in the media does that mean the UK should demand acurate portrayals of history in the cinema... U571 cough cough... etc etc.. How many people died for the achievment there only for the US cinema to cash in on their deaths whilst convincing a new generation of kiddies who now actually think the US was involved throughout the war and did everything ?!

Still nothing to do with RtCW, which incidentally needs a couple of patches. i.e. health bar that doesn't change and various save games oddities...).. Still good job done by Id.

67. Re: I'm sure that in Britain, at least... Dec 11, 2001, 12:41 Cyrezar

clarification- universities are privately run...im referring to public schooling

66. Re: I'm sure that in Britain, at least... Dec 11, 2001, 10:26 anon@195.217

"...the idea is that two equal and opposite forces cancel out each other, and whilst they're busy striving to achieve stasis the Civil Service runs the country the same damn way they always have."

That's already what goes on in the US Government...... no need to change anything.

65. I'm sure that in Britain, at least... Dec 11, 2001, 05:13 Eon

...the idea is that two equal and opposite forces cancel out each other, and whilst they're busy striving to achieve stasis the Civil Service runs the country the same damn way they always have.

Bush is related to our Queen? That certainly gives much more credence to the Nurture rather than Nature camp of child psychology.

Education system. In shambles? I can't speak intelligently about inner city comprehensives, but the Universities seem to be doing well, and the colleges seem to be providing vocational qualifications that'll actually get you a vocation. Hell, my brother actually took a vocational course instead of a degree because he'd had enough of school and wanted to get some skills, and then get some current experience. Doesn't seem to have slowed him up any.

Eon

64. Re: Left = Totalitarian Dec 10, 2001, 19:19 Cyrezar

i think the only label still pure is 'classical liberal'.
its most definately not moderate when it comes to individual freedoms.

63. Re: Left = Totalitarian Dec 10, 2001, 19:03 Pagan

"Most people, I'm sure, believe that a Government should in fact be Centrist, but the best way that we've ever found of getting that is to put all the Libertarian's and Authoritarian's together in a room, and only make law what BOTH SIDES agree is right."

I'm all for a centrist government - well, perhaps leaning a bit to the right - but putting two groups together with misguided philosophies is hardly the best way to do it. Two wrongs ...

62. Re: Left = Totalitarian Dec 10, 2001, 17:28 Cyrezar

Left and right wing are old illusions now...they are very similar under practice.

I do agree that the old Left / Right wing is being replaced by Libertarian Vs. Authoritarian, these days. Most people, I'm sure, believe that a Government should in fact be Centrist, but the best way that we've ever found of getting that is to put all the Libertarian's and Authoritarian's together in a room, and only make law what BOTH SIDES agree is right.

Its a shame that the educational system is in shambles isnt it?

This comment was edited on Dec 10, 17:29.

61. Re: A lil off the top Dec 10, 2001, 17:19 Cyrezar

I was going to agree with you wholeheartedly until i saw the monarchy thing...

60. Re: Congratulations, you're a dumba$$ Dec 10, 2001, 14:31 anon@216.231

You know, that "trailer park" stereotype is really beginning to piss me off. I grew up in prolly the smallest school you've ever seen in admittedly redneck East Texas and busted my ass to get to where I am making in excess of 6 digits plus bennies per year. Many of us hated the stereotype, and worked extra hard to overcome it.

We from the South still value our confederate flag NOT because of the racist implications, but because it stands for a great injustice that was done against the entire US, but more close to home - to the South.

Liberal sheep have been told that that flag stands for hate, so that's what they believe... BAH!

[fCo]Karate_Kid
http://www.fightcompany.com

59. right Dec 10, 2001, 12:03 anon@217.81

jo, so isses  

58. Opinion of a German Dec 10, 2001, 11:49 anon@195.93

I'm living in Germany. The critical point in Germany is not that nobody wants to get remembered to the past. In fact, the schools und the news do a lot to inform the people. The critical point in germany is, that the old Nazi-signs like the 'Hakenkreuz' are forbidden. That German government made this law to prevent new Nazi-activities.

Bast

57. A lil off the top Dec 10, 2001, 11:48 anon@24.70

Politics are simple. Both parties are funded by the same people and played against each other. Both the Axis and the Allies received lots of money and support from both the Rockefellers and the Rothschlds. Left and Right is an illusion. Facism believe's in silencing people and concentration camps, Communisum believes in the same thing. Anyways hitler also received support from Henry Ford. Interesting fact. Anyone ever hear of I.G farbum and standard oils part in the holocaust. Probably not. One Party State. Gore knew he was gonna lose, because Bush was meant to win. Both had many of the same financial supporters. Bush won because he was of more royal blood {to the queen of england} than Gore. I beleive he is the 12th cousin. Some people have been accuratly predicting the elections for decades by seeing who's more related to the monarchy. they always win.  

56. Left = Totalitarian Dec 10, 2001, 08:56 Eon

No such thing as Right Winged totalitarianism? Hitler and Mussolini were left wing then? Only compared to dear old Maggie, maybe...

I do agree that the old Left / Right wing is being replaced by Libertarian Vs. Authoritarian, these days. Most people, I'm sure, believe that a Government should in fact be Centrist, but the best way that we've ever found of getting that is to put all the Libertarian's and Authoritarian's together in a room, and only make law what BOTH SIDES agree is right.

Now HOW did this develop from a simple announcement that Wolfenstein II will follow German law - hardly a big surprise?

Eon

55. ahahha Dec 10, 2001, 08:55 anon@64.212

ahhaha rtcw su><0rz! haaaah paly cs instead u fagots!  

54. Re: Losers Dec 9, 2001, 18:05 anon@62.30

What's you point wanker ? If you don't like what you read or have nothing to add to this fantastic discussion fuck off.

53. Losers Dec 9, 2001, 17:54 anon@24.169

wow you people have no lives  

52. Re: Pack o' wank Dec 9, 2001, 17:46 anon@62.30

#48, simple, you sit rockin' backwards and forwards sitting there in your straight jacket chanting the word 'mushrooms rool'

Naturally ;-)

51. Re: What's the point Dec 9, 2001, 17:33 Cyrezar

We could argue back and forth about this, suffice to say that your spectrum is circular as opposed to linear. or something

50. Re: What's the point Dec 9, 2001, 17:23 Pagan

"i meant left=totalitarianism in all forms, including fascism, right=no government at all, ie anarchy. thats the true spectrum"

First I'd like to apologize to anyone who reads this. It is way off-subject, ridiculously petty and of absolutely no interest to anyone.

Both forms are totalitary and the opposite of them is anarchy, however the two styles are extremes of the opposing wings. One can own a business and become rich in a fascist state as long as you produce according to the government's mandate. If you are no longer useful and a burden to the state, at best you're on your own. At worst, imprisonment or death. Things tend to run efficiently because fear is a great persuader. Substitute 'free market' for 'government mandate' and leave out the dire consequences of imprisonment or death for failure and you have the basic philosophy of the Republican party.

In communism there is no private ownership and the government distributes products and revenues among the population according to need. No one is rich and there is no reward for success leading to massive inefficiencies in everyday life from food distribution to housing. The government handles all your basic needs regardless of how much you may contribute to the society. It shouldn't be hard for a couple of right-wingers like us to see the Democrats' clumsy attempts to stumble down this path.

I was going to go into the social differences and how both types despise each other but man, I'm boring myself writing this stuff. Back to gametalk.

89 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo