Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Some movement in the background here, as today's Tech Bits features some contributions from someone who may be helping expand our coverage in that area as we go forward... we may even see the return of PM Tech Bits (as heady as that may sound). Also, we were able to revert the server back to its native Eastern Time yesterday, after running on Greenwich Mean Time for a few days there, the only side effect of this was how messageboard posts started showing up out of order until the four hour time difference was accounted for.

Link of the Day: Monty Python and the Holy Grail in Lego. A link we've been sent at least a hundred times, but this time it actually worked when I checked it. Thanks EvilToast (and the other 99 of you).
Story of the Day: Romania has no stake in Dracula. "The discovery means Romanians will have to pay royalties to Universal Studios for creating a Dracula theme park." Thanks dukui-san.
Media of the Day: The Top 10 Ugliest Couches in America. Thanks Ant.
Wild Science: Identifying terrorists before they strike. "Brain fingerprinting"? Thanks Nick Hiltner.
Wild Science II: No hiding place for anyone. On a note related to the above. Thanks [MP] Wolverine [MP].

View
2. Brain fingerprinting. Oct 3, 2001, 09:41 Dead_Cow

I'm all for it. I think there need to be a database of people that says "this person is okay, this person is dangerous". I don't think it's intrusive, and would only afect us if we needed access to something where security was of either minor or utmost importance. I hope this gets implemented. If we are going to thwart terrorism, it will take more than the lackluster x-ray devices we have in place today and a simple patting down by a security guard. I believe this to be a viable solution.

In plane, I'd like to see some kind of knock-out gas in the passenger compartment w/ the cockpit sealed off and fortified. Terrorist threat? Hijacking? Seal the cockpit, release the gas, land the plane, subdue the terrorists, and then wake everyone up. No struggle... no guns for pilots. That would make sense to me on a plane.

I hope there's a lot of feedback on this brain fingerprinting lotd. It'd be interesting to hear what people think.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Oct 3, 09:13 Monty Python in Lego Bronco
  4. Oct 3, 10:04  Re: Some Tweaking phewl
  5. Oct 3, 11:12  Re: Monty Python in Lego anon@217.84
>> 2. Oct 3, 09:41 Brain fingerprinting. Dead_Cow
  3. Oct 3, 09:48  Tech bits? anon@212.135
  6. Oct 3, 12:34  Re: Brain fingerprinting. GarlicSauce
  7. Oct 3, 12:40  Re: Brain fingerprinting. GarlicSauce
  8. Oct 3, 15:44   Re: Brain fingerprinting. KaRRiLLioN
  9. Oct 3, 18:51 Brain Fingerprinting Fat Albert
  10. Oct 4, 01:49  Re: Brain Fingerprinting Dead_Cow