Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

We had a little block party on our little block yesterday. It was all terribly pleasant, and we got to meet a lot of our neighbors for the first time. Hudson the wonder dog probably had the best time of all though. In addition to getting to meet a bunch of kids, which is heaven for her, there was all manner of food spillage to snorfle around for on the street. Potato chips? Whoosh. Pretzels? Whoosh. Cheezy poofs? Whoosh. All right up the canine vacuum cleaner, to the point where she didn't touch her dinner. I know Cheetos have their animated cheetah spokesman, but if there's a chip or pretzel company out there in need of a mascot, have I got a dog for you. Woof!

Weird Science: Prayer may influence in vitro fertilization success. Thanks Allen Varney.
Media of the Day: APOD 2001 September 29 - The Iron Sun. Thanks brother19.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: No subject Oct 4, 2001, 00:37  Frans 

No offense, but message boards that don't support threading aren't very good imo.
Possibly, but you must be talking about some other board, since this one does support it. Above the list of posts, select View Threads, and hit the Change button. Presto.

-- Frans
News editor, http://www.bluesnews.com/
3D Gamers admin, http://www.3dgamers.com/
This comment was edited on Oct 4, 00:38.

-- Frans
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: No subject Oct 3, 2001, 22:10 anon@209.50

No offense, but message boards that don't support threading aren't very good imo.

You have all these massages along the lines of Hey you #34 blah blah blah.. and in response to #69 whee whee whee...

oh well, good luck with your projects.

23. Re: The Wonder Dog Oct 3, 2001, 01:38 anon@24.76

"When I was a kid we had a fox terrier. They look like your dog but smaller and had white instead of the brownish color. He weighed about 15 pounds and bit more people than I can count. Always on the kiester.

Man, I miss that dog. "

Exacly the same for me, except our dog would bit people on the ankles instead, and he really hated the noise skateboards made, so he would go after those people the most...

22. The Wonder Dog Oct 1, 2001, 19:47 anon@64.108

When I was a kid we had a fox terrier. They look like your dog but smaller and had white instead of the brownish color. He weighed about 15 pounds and bit more people than I can count. Always on the kiester.

Man, I miss that dog.

I am going to go somewhere and cry now.

21. Re: Snorfles Oct 1, 2001, 15:13 HockeyPhool

Yo, Blue!

We had a dog once that we nicknamed "Kirby Hoover" - you surely understand.

Funny thing about swiffers - that's our cat's favorite toy. He rides it around like he's at an amusement park.

MasterBlaster

-----
HockeyPhool

20. Re: No subject Oct 1, 2001, 11:07  Bagpuss 

Problems with Blammo are just furn lacking time. Along with various server issues caused by UGO and furn originally not realising just how much load Blue's gets.

You will however notice how well that message comments have run since they switched over to my system, Chatbear. I anticipated things better.

- Bagpuss
http://www.chatbear.com/
Get your own free messageboard today (just like this one!)

- Bagpuss
http://richardsmith.me/

19. Re: Prayer Oct 1, 2001, 11:01 Anvil

I don't see why not. Study results are study results. I'm pretty sure that 199 patients is not a large enough group to draw conclusions from - which would be why the usual disclaimer is there for more research, but it wouldn't be an amazing shock to me. Certainly the evidence is there in the case of heart surgery patients.

Of course I'm also open to the results of a tiger|rock study. Lets see if we can get 100 people to face a hungry tiger armed with a rock and 100 people armed with nothing and see if the rock is beneficial :p

Anvil

Anvil - from the land of warm beer and mad cattle.

18. APOD Oct 1, 2001, 03:31 Scud

Saw the APOD and thought immediately of a certain gaming company. The title should have been called "The Ion Sun" rather than "The Iron Sun"!

17. The DOG! Sep 30, 2001, 20:50 anon@24.203

Okay, today's episode of I am a dork and this is my homepage, click here for pictures of my doggie.
HAW-HAW! [Nelson style!]

Your life is not just more BORING than it seems, it's also alot DORKIER! :):D;P;)%)

Next up: Pictures of Blue, Blue family AND his dog!
A nice amateurish look to the page you put those on might be needed! And don't forget to put a midi file playing!

16. Prayer Sep 30, 2001, 20:30 Lone Swordsman

Yeah, prayer influences the success rate of in-vitro fertilization. And this rock keeps tigers away.

15. No subject Sep 30, 2001, 19:56 anon@209.50

All these problems with "Blammo". Is your machine problematic? Or do you have a mediocre programmer? It has to be one of the two since you're often having problems.  

14. counter Sep 30, 2001, 19:39 Alex R

hrmm

i think your counter is busted

where it used to be all i see is

[Blammo! - an error occurred while processing this directive :Exec cgi is not supported]

You broke it! you broke it!!

13. Re: hudson Sep 30, 2001, 19:05 nmg

Your dog is cool!

--"An eye for an eye would make the world blind" -Ghandi
--"A tooth for a tooth would be great for Jello." -NMG

NMG

---
Not Much Good

12. Re: Snorfles Sep 30, 2001, 17:06  Blue 

Yes, she's an Airedale Terrier, through and through. I don't know if I used the right phrase in snorfle, but Airedales are quite well known for their tendency to sniff along the ground for anything even half-way edible... owning an Airedale means never having to say: "Honey, where's the vacuum? I spilled something."

We could have named her "swiffer."

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, Il Presidente for Life
This comment was edited on Sep 30, 17:06.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

11. Snorfles Sep 30, 2001, 16:32 anon@64.229

All dogs will beg and scrounge, but I was under the impression that "snorf" was a unique Golden Retriever mannerism (having both a Golden and a Shepherd/Lab) >=).
What kind of dog is Hudson, an Airedale?

10. The Party Sep 30, 2001, 15:40 JRiordan35

Block parties rule! I wish there were one every week around here. Of course, some of the neighbours can get annoying, but the concept is there -- large amounts of food, drink, and music.

Be nice to your puppy,
-JR

9. Re: hudson Sep 30, 2001, 15:16 Ray Marden

Awwwwwwwwwww, what a cutie!

Correction, what a trouble maker.

Laughing at how you phrased your description :o,
Ray

------------------------------------
JEFF GREEN FOR PRESIDENT!

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

8. Re: hudson Sep 30, 2001, 15:10 shul

ok, I hate dogs.
I do not like tham.

however, your dog seems to be very, very adourable.

shul rethinks the bases of his life

7. Re: hudson Sep 30, 2001, 14:56 Hazard

Awwww. How cute (third picture)
Looks quite agile, by the way. I bet you lost some weight since you got her

--------
Download Whisset Media Player - the coolest player in town!
http://www.whisset.com

Fully automatic backups with Ocster Backup Pro 3
http://www.ocster.com

6. Re: hudson Sep 30, 2001, 14:55 anon@209.98

Cute dog...  

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo