Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Anarchy Online Patch

As mentioned earlier (story) there has been a strong negative reaction to the version 12.6 Anarchy Online patch, as is noted in this Anarchy Online Update, which goes on to explain the reasons for the patch and what it changed, both for better and for worse. We're now told by our buddy Dr. Del, who plays AO, that a new version 12.6.2 server-side patch has been implemented, offering the following changes: "Monsters not as hard as they used to be, Fixed a dupe exploit, Login bug fixed, Fixed a server crash."

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: buh bye... Sep 25, 2001, 07:45 anon@24.17

WWIIonline gosh i hope they fall on their faces....Not only have they began teh trail for a game that isnt complete as the box describes...They actually banned me from all teh forums for a reason ive yet to figure out!

CRS/Playnet i hope you guys get the dose of KARMA you deserve...So sad.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: buh bye... Sep 25, 2001, 05:40 anon@195.102

The trouble is you can't rely on magazine or website reviews of these games. Few of them get past the "cool graphics" and almost none of them deal with the support the game receives, or past games from the same company.

Perhaps it's time someone (hint) did a review of the support that companies have offered for the games they have released, and how well that support is received, and then link that article to every review of new games by those companies.

10. buh bye... Sep 25, 2001, 01:34 anon@207.105

I loved AO, I played through the bugs and lags, telling myself that things would get better, they didn't... game got boring, and game rules kept being modified without improving anything, or adding any new content...

Sadly, I logged on, gave all my stuff away, deleted my characters, and canceled my account.

The graphics of AO are incredible, I just wish the gameplay and combat were better, if/once this improves I will gladly create another account...

9. Bah Sep 24, 2001, 20:35 anon@66.31

I think all mmorpg's are boring. I can't believe you guys actually pay monthly for that shit. Didn't you ever play EverQuest??? God, that had to be the most boring game ever... and they charge monthly!  

8. Re: Its not just MMOLRPGs Sep 24, 2001, 17:25 Dr.Del

you wont know until you try.. drop me an ICQ 18657127

or email me: dhanoad(at)yahoo.com

- Funk
Bluesnews Junkie For Life

- DrDel

7. Its not just MMOLRPGs Sep 24, 2001, 17:03 anon@192.133

Its pretty much the lions share of games these days for PCs are coming out bugged out the butt. Some games, like Echelon, were released MONTHS ago and still no patch to make multiplayer playable. We have gotten promise after promise and then lies upon lies, but no patch. Its getting way out of hand. I am seriously considering creating a new gaming site for reviews (since I buy so many friggin games) and TRUTH IN GAMING. Also, I want to make a forum where folks can discuss games where flaming other gamers (name calling, not disagreeing) will NOT be tolerated. This is what always happens, two camps, the brainwashed "fanboys" and the rightly ticked-off "trolls". We are ALL gamers and the only way to ride out the toilet ride the gaming industry is in is to stick together. But would anyone come?  

6. Re: Crappy-MMORPG Support Group Sep 24, 2001, 16:56 Dr.Del

yeah I agree with you... it's like developers know they can get away with releasing unfinished MMORPG games... and the sad thing is that we consumers take it..

... we should do something about it.. but what?

- Funk

- DrDel

5. Crappy-MMORPG Support Group Sep 24, 2001, 16:28 TheLeech

I propose the creation of a support group dedicated to helping those of us who have purchased crappy MMORPGs. The founding members will be AO and WWIIOL players. I have not played AO but I am willing to believe the reports I've seen. I was personally duped into buying WWIIOL. As a matter of fact, pay-to-play starts in a few weeks and they still haven't implemented some of the most basic parts of the game. Not to mention the terrible frame rates.

Grieving with the AO players,
TheLeech

4. Re: Teh Patch Sep 24, 2001, 15:55 Dr.Del

lol... a patch makes a game fun? isnt the game supposed to be fun PRIOR to the patching phase?

- Funk

- DrDel

3. Teh Patch Sep 24, 2001, 15:44 anon@128.146

IS THIS THE PATCH THAT MAKES IT FUN?  

2. Re: Which is a crock of malarkey. Sep 24, 2001, 15:36 Dr.Del

yeah I have never seen a game get such bad publicity before either...

I am sorry I bought the game! what a waste! I should have done more research into this game before shelling out the coin to buy it.. heh... so I guess it serves me right.

But I can assure you that I won't be buying another NoFunCom game again.. I laugh everytime I see anything Midguard related.

Hopefully DAoC or the AC XP will be better!

- Dr. Demento (aka Funk)

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 15:42.

- DrDel

1. Which is a crock of malarkey. Sep 24, 2001, 15:28 Dead_Cow

No, really.

The monsters are just as hard, and the community is just as miserable. The amount of negativity both in-game AND on the bulletin boards is unprecedented.

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo