Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Blizzard-More Teasing

It looks like the further teasing mentioned yesterday when Blizzard promised a new game announcement Sunday from ECTS (story) has begun, as the Blizzard Entertainment Website now offers a splash page showing a bit of outer-space imagery with the caption: "In every saga there lies a journey of wonder and imagination." Thanks Geoff Fraizer.

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: teasing Sep 5, 2001, 16:17 anon@64.5

Well it Worlds of Warcraft! No details but that is it:)  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. blizz Sep 1, 2001, 21:27 anon@24.2

prolly some new game.. hopefully lord of the rings.. but i doubt it  

28. Saturday Sep 1, 2001, 05:37 Mora

They just posted the third part:
"Ancient worlds and timeless dangers are rediscovered..."

This basically rules out Starcraft, as *ancient* is much rather associated with Diablo or Warcraft.

27. Re: It's not StarCraft 2.... Sep 1, 2001, 01:08 anon@65.26

<i>..."saga" definitely means it's in the Starcraft universe (what other sagas does Blizzard have that take place in space?)...</i>
<p> you're kidding, right? you have no idea what a saga is, do you? for goodness sakes, go look it up. not all sagas take in space. so stop watching so much star trek!

26. Re: game Aug 31, 2001, 09:35 anon@24.167

Personally, i think blizzard is looking into the broad new market of MMORPG's and going to make a warcraft online type thing  

25. No subject Aug 31, 2001, 08:41 anon@194.47

If you go to www.blizzard.com/star/star.htm you get this:
-
The Starcraft Page can be found at http://www.blizzard.com/starcraft/

Please update your links.

Redirecting to the Starcraft page......
-

Maybe "star" is just the old place on the site for Starcraft?

/t.

24. No subject Aug 31, 2001, 03:40 anon@207.225

" Thanks Geoff Fraizer."

Geoff Fraizer just so happens to be the Chief Web Designer,and general hype monger for Blizzard. Don't get me wrong, I love D2, but I really think thats the sort of thing you should disclose, Blue. Unless of course you like being someones tool.

23. Noticed This? Aug 31, 2001, 01:29 Omaha

BTW, note the following:

1: goto www.blizzard.com/starcraft
You're forwarded to the StarCraft page

2: goto www.blizzard.com/stinkyfeet
There is no game called StinkyFeet, so you get an error message

3: goto www.blizzard.com/star
Uh oh, you get an access denied error. You're not allowed to be here. Could it be the site for a new game that's blocked off until announcage?

Oooh, fascinating.

22. Re: game Aug 31, 2001, 01:21 anon@24.40

My guess is something along the lines of precious, classic StarFlight or Star Control 2. A good well made (and heck, Blizzard makes games well-er than most people) space-sim is what we need to save us from the FPS horde.

Not that FPS's are all bad.

As for the people saying it's a Star Wars or LOTR game; come ON, Blizzard PRIDE themselves on creating their own worlds, look at their manuals, 70% of the book is backstory. The day they use someone else's franchise is the day Hell freezes over.

21. Re: game Aug 30, 2001, 23:49 anon@4.35

eh, I don't think that means the name of the game includes the word imagination. And it sounds to me like its in a existing blizzard universe. adventue kinda implies a fps or : :-ahem-: : adventure type game too.  

20. Re: game Aug 30, 2001, 18:46 anon@212.56

yeah, all of these games are OK, well at least some of them, but have you noticed that the picture at the index.html Blizzard page is named imagination.jpg or imagination.gif, i don't quite remember

and have you seen this

http://www.blizzard.com/ects/imagination.shtml

That means that the game's name is or includes the word IMAGINATION...

which suggests for a new game and a new universe

or does it ?

19. Re: game Aug 30, 2001, 15:43 amygdala

I think it is going to be a Star Wars game. "In every saga there lies a journey " sounds like the teaser for SW The Phantom Menace.

I had the exact same thought. The teaser for Episode 1 was "Every generation has a legend. Every journey has a first step. Every saga has a beginning."

Logically, the game wouldn't be for Episode 1, but Episode 2. Where Anakin's journey continues...

But honestly, why would Blizzard do a Star Wars game? Lucasgames has been screwing up the license for years. Blizzard is big enough that they don't have to play in anyone else's sandbox.

So, I don't think it's a Star Wars game. (Verant is doing the MMORPG anyways.) It's just a coincidentally cheesy tagline.

18. game Aug 30, 2001, 15:28 anon@24.4

I think it is going to be a Star Wars game. "In every saga there lies a journey " sounds like the teaser for SW The Phantom Menace.

Sly

17. Re: No subject Aug 30, 2001, 13:43 shul

that'd seem like a cheap rip-off of C&C Renegade

But C&C Renegade WAS a cheap rip... oh whats the use.. nevermind...

shul halts and looks back, a giant snurf chases him

p.s. no , I don't know what a snurf is.

16. Re: It's not StarCraft 2.... Aug 30, 2001, 13:39 shul

StarCraft Adventures

you r joking, right? they already tried that one with warcraft and scrapped the project (which had the coolest animated promo for that time)...

btw, anyone saw the quake movie? what was THAT about?

shul will always be with there.

15. What does it matter? Aug 30, 2001, 13:24 macrom

Who cares what it is. Blizzard will come out and say that it's scheduled for Summer 2002. Then they'll come back and say that they couldn't make the game that the public *really* wants, so it's now pushed to Christmas 2002. Thanksgiving will roll around and Blizzard will come out and say that they need more time to fix something else, so it's Summer of 2003 now. Who knows, maybe the baby inside my wife's tummy will be old enough to play the game by the time it's released.

Bottom line...they can announce all they want. We won't see it for one damn long time. Unless, of course, Blizzard decides to break their habits with this title......

greg

14. Starcraft FPS... Aug 30, 2001, 13:17 Nuke

I'd have to agree with those who posted before me about the Starcraft FPS. It seems the most likely, given the circumstances.

Nuke

Nuke

13. Re: It's not StarCraft 2.... Aug 30, 2001, 13:14 anon@204.39

I doubt it's Starcraft2, but "saga" definitely means it's in the Starcraft universe (what other sagas does Blizzard have that take place in space?), and "journey" means it's probably an Adventure or RPG, or (less likely) an FPS.  

12. Re: It's not StarCraft 2.... Aug 30, 2001, 11:59 anon@216.161

That would be my guess, an FPS set in the StarCraft universe...  

11. Re: It's not StarCraft 2.... Aug 30, 2001, 11:22 Devster

I think the big announcement is gonna be StarCraft Adventures, a classic adventure game set in the StarCraft universe.

hey, that'd be cool, maybe they can pick a simple Protoss guy and we can follow him through his evolution through to greatness... naaaa, it's too interesting to try.

Actually, I'd guess (as others have alluded) they're following Westwood's lead and going with an FPS based off one of their RTS properties (whether Warcraft or Starcraft I can't say, though likely the latter so as not to distract from the former's upcoming 'sequel').

Use your head, don't lose it - Don't feed the trolls!
Boycott Belligerent Boycotters!

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo