Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

So far I have managed to miss more episodes of Six Feet Under than I've seen, but what I've seen of this offbeat show, it fits in well with HBO's other high-quality original offerings (easily the best lineup of programming to be found on TV these days). Anyway, last night's episode is another I managed to miss, so a thank you to Monte Fisher, who points out that in it, Claire is interrupted at her computer by her mother while playing Quake III Arena. Neat, I'll have to be sure to catch one of the 20 repeat showings that will span the multiple flavors of HBO this week.

Link of the Day: MenWhoLookLikeKennyRogers.com. Including Kenny's Corn Muffin recipe, Kenny Spotting Tips, and advice on "how to look like Kenny." Thanks Bagpuss.
Bonus Link: EvoCAD. Thanks Frostnick.
Media of the Day: Harecut. Flash required. Thanks Jason.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: strange forum behaviour Jul 3, 2001, 13:02  Bagpuss 

It is however, now fixed. Just to prove I'm paying attention.

- Bagpuss
http://www.webdog.org
Your news and .plan tracking centre!

- Bagpuss
http://richardsmith.me/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: strange forum behaviour Jul 3, 2001, 08:26 shul

Thought this might be it

14. Re: strange forum behaviour Jul 3, 2001, 06:58  Bagpuss 

The popular threads is calculating wrong, it's meant to show the most popular threads of the last 7 days news. Instead, it's showing the most popular threads of the last 7 days POSTS.

In other words, only 28 of the posts in that Half-Life thread were posted in the last 7 days. In fact, it shouldn't be on the list at all, because the story was posted more than 7 days ago.

- Bagpuss
http://www.webdog.org
Your news and .plan tracking centre!

- Bagpuss
http://richardsmith.me/

13. Kenny's Roasters recipe! Jul 3, 2001, 05:58 anon@207.246

Kenny's muffins are tasty, but I wish someone would post a recipe for his Roasters chicken! Mmmm, no other rotisserie chicken comes close!

"It's the wood that makes it good!"

12. Re: strange forum behaviour Jul 3, 2001, 03:54 anon@24.4

bah, HBO has great programming.

In fact, some cable services offer it for free now, or for real cheap, so it's almost a no brainer to order it. MTV hasn't been good in years.

the band America doesn't look like kenny rogers, but if you slow down "Horse with No Name" it kinda sounds like Kenny Rogers.(seriously)

- Paul

11. strange forum behaviour Jul 3, 2001, 03:37 shul

Hi forum programmers,
A strange thing happens now.. the subject "Half-Life Patches Soon" has 28 posts, as the "Popular threads" counter shows (on my computer, after couple of refreshes..)
but in fact it now has 37 posts, so I figured this is strange

10. Re: blah Jul 2, 2001, 19:55 zig

oh my god i hate that show

9. Re: Blech!!! Jul 2, 2001, 13:13 LwoodPDowd

Going by total number (to say nothing of total time) HBO still shows more movies a day than mtv does videos.

My e. coli cures cancer!

Playing with yeast to help you live longer!
My e. coli cures cancer!

8. Re: blah Jul 2, 2001, 12:37 HBringer

Only, if you noticed she was playing with just the keyboard... Either they need a more experienced gamer to coach them on these things; or she is a GODLY player, to be able to get the Quad (which you can hear she has when she fires the gun), and all those excellents and impressives while using just the rail-gun and keyboard!

I only caught about 15 minutes of the show last night (as my girlfriend is obsessed with Queer as Folk on Showtime and snagged the remote) - and it was the first episode I've seen; but it definitely looks like one I'll have to start watching more of!

--Noel "HB" Wade

7. Re: blah Jul 2, 2001, 11:33 loonyboi

There's no question that it was Q3A. If you listened closely you could hear "excellent" and "impressive" over and over again.

-jason

Jason "loonyboi" Bergman
http://www.bluesnews.com
http://www.loonygames.com

6. blah Jul 2, 2001, 11:17 zig

It was definitely quake 3. Also, I love the show and I think it's replaced The Sopranos as my favorite show on TV. And I'm so glad HBO shows their original shows as often as they do instead of movies all the time. If you want a movie channel that's just movies, get starz or encore or the movie channel or something. HBO is not just a movie channel anymore.

Oh yeah and I don't want to throw Brenda out of a moving car, I like her.
This comment was edited on Jul 2, 11:19.

5. Re: Six Feet Under Jul 2, 2001, 10:55 anon@208.222

It did look like doom originally, but after a second look, I thin it was UT, which would explain the horrible frame rate.

Also, the show is very good if you like Alan Bell's style of writing (American Beauty). He wrote the last episode too as it contained a lot of plot points.

4. Re: Six Feet Under Jul 2, 2001, 10:41 Johnny boy

I dont think it was actually Q3. It looked more like the original Doom to me than anything. That and the sounds really made me think it was goold 'ole Doom. Prove me wrong, but it sure looked like it on my 36" Sony Wega HDTV.....

3. Blech!!! Jul 2, 2001, 10:28 HawkeyeLonewolf

HBO's programming is pretty awful these days. Like MTV used to show music videos, HBO used to show movies. Now they are making trash and throwing it onto the tube. "The Sopranos" might be good, but "Sex and the City" and "Six Feet Under" are awful DRECK.

2. Kennys Jul 2, 2001, 09:40 Fat Albert

Is it just me or do almost none of those guys look like Kenny Rogers? I guess "generic white beard site" wouldn't have had the same zing. A poor imitation of the venerable Mullets Galore.

1. Six Feet Under Jul 2, 2001, 08:40 Emabulator

Claire needs to upgrade her computer because she was getting about 5 fps. She did look sexy with that rail gun though. ;-)

Am I the only person that wants to give Brenda the back hand a throw her out of a moving car?

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo