Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

G'day, eh? And happy Canada Day to all of you who celebrate, which may not be all, as a little poking around on the subject brought me to the Give us back our Dominion Day page, which points out the change of the holiday's name from Dominion Day to Canada day was not technically legal, nor do they seem to feel it has the proper aesthetics, going on to say: "As the national daily the Globe and Mail has said in it's editorials on the subject, 'So was born Canada Day, a name of such happy-face banality that only a bureaucrat could love it'. This would be like the United States choosing to begin celebrating United States Day instead of (Independence) Day on the 4th of July." So whether you are celebrating, protesting, or both, enjoy... and watch out for stray fireworks.

I'm a big Jack Lemmon fan, but I deliberately skipped mentioning his passing the other day because so many celebs have gone in such a short period that it was getting like the obituary of the day around here. Unfortunately, I didn't mention this to loony, so he commented on it the next day. Anyway, I figured I'd point this out, so that the next time someone like Chet Atkins passes away (yes, the legendary guitarist died yesterday-thanks theAntiELVIS), if it wasn't mentioned here, it isn't out of lack of respect, but rather an effort to break a pattern that was getting to the point that any obits we skipped would actually seem like we missed them.

Link of the Day: Cooties in my mailbox! Animated Cacodemons and Muzak midi Monster Mash. Pass the crack-pipe, please. Thanks Matthew Godlaski.
Story of the Day: MI5 records reveal gerbil spycatcher plan (BBC). Thanks jfp51.
Weird Science: Missing Radioactive Camera Poses Lethal Threat (thanks David Hall). You have to love that a camera with iridium-192 in it was left in a truck. These people are as careless as the US government.
Wild Science: Scientist Says Mind Continues After Brain Dies (Reuters). Thanks [MP] Wolverine [MP]. Possibly a glimpse at the after life. Or perhaps just an explanation for some Hollywood movie scripts.

View
9. Re: Comfortably numb Jul 1, 2001, 17:16 shul

LOL!

I... I... Have become, comfortably numb

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jul 1, 10:41 Son of a.... Tamarik
  2. Jul 1, 10:52 LOTD Rob
  3. Jul 1, 11:00 Weird Science Bloodwolf
  4. Jul 1, 11:26 No subject anon@208.37
  10. Jul 2, 04:09  Re: No subject anon@24.248
  5. Jul 1, 12:50 Comfortably numb Shingen