Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining

Battle.net announces the first season is now live in Diablo III, offering the chance to compete for the best times in leveling up a newly rolled character. This page has details on exactly how this works. IncGamers notes that this has already inspired some unhappiness from players who've discovered just how quickly this can be done by gaming the system (which is a game after all), as the first level 70 character appeared under two hours after the season began. They say the issues that allow this were noted during the extended beta testing of version 2.1.0 of the action/RPG sequel, so this may be working as intended.

View
49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

49. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Sep 6, 2014, 23:46 Verno

Krovven wrote on Sep 6, 2014, 17:06:
Blah blah blah. Verno doesn't think it's a big issue cus it doesn't effect him so he is going to marginalize the problem to suit his opinion.

Blah blah blah indeed. You literally googled an obscure problem that you have no personal experience or knowledge of and I'm the one trying to marginalize something. Other people have opinions and you can't force yours on them or make them agree with you. Wahhhh I don't like trading, no one else is allowed to! Tough fuckin shit.

This comment was edited on Sep 6, 2014, 23:58.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

48. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Sep 6, 2014, 17:06 Krovven

Blah blah blah. Verno doesn't think it's a big issue cus it doesn't effect him so he is going to marginalize the problem to suit his opinion.

47. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Sep 5, 2014, 23:41 Verno

Krovven wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 21:34:
You tried a google search? Plenty of hits on the topic.

There is PS3 and 360 versions of the game as well.
The problem isn't limited to any of them that I'm aware of. Because you can copy your toons from PS3 to PS4, the hacked items come with it.

I clearly referenced them in my post so, yes. What you're talking about is some third hand stuff that is a non-issue. The amount of people with hacked toons is going to be miniscule at best, it requires a rooted PS3 which aren't easy to find these days thanks to the oldest rootable firmware being over 2 years old. They also get almost instantly banned after connecting to PSN, same with jtag'd 360s on XBL. The uptake from those people converting to PS4/XB1 will be even smaller/ You don't not do something cool like trading just because 50 people on the planet might go to some absurd length to get a handful of items in the game. Blizzard obviously knows that considering they implemented it.

They don't even control everything on the console side of things, if anything the PC version would be more secure since they have the underlying platform locked down on their servers.

Anyways I want feature parity with the consoles and I'm going to keep asking for it

This comment was edited on Sep 5, 2014, 23:46.

46. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Sep 5, 2014, 21:34 Krovven

You tried a google search? Plenty of hits on the topic.

There is PS3 and 360 versions of the game as well.
The problem isn't limited to any of them that I'm aware of. Because you can copy your toons from PS3 to PS4, the hacked items come with it.

This comment was edited on Sep 5, 2014, 21:46.

45. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Sep 5, 2014, 08:46 Verno

Krovven wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 23:39:
Also, there was (is there still?) plenty of hacking of fake and buffed items being passed around on the console versions, that isn't happening on the PC version. Not sure what has changed if anything.

I'm not aware of any on the PS4 or Xbone. They aren't compromised systems like the PS3 and Xbox 360. Consoles aren't on battle.net proper either like the PC version is.

And as I said before and even said shortly after RoS launched. I'd be ok with clan trading...as long as there is a limit put on it. ie: items cant be traded to someone not in the clan at the time it dropped. Also only allow an item to be traded just once. Same would be for friends list. Doing this however would be a bit of a database nightmare and may not be feasible depending on what their resource budgets are.

I don't think it would be any worse than the auction house was in terms of resources. People like to share, its a social experience and I think trading only has benefits. The game is relatively secure at this point and that would be the only downside I can foresee.

44. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Sep 4, 2014, 23:39 Krovven

Verno wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 08:31:
Krovven wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 20:11:
There are Grift rankings out of Season too. I don't want to see people getting the best gear handed to them because they run streams. If that's what people want, they may as well bring the AH back. Play the game, earn your gear. There was so much fucking whining about the AH and the game improved with the changes they made. Open trading would be a step backwards.

As I said in my previous response it doesn't have to be open trading necessarily. It isn't destroying the console versions of the game and there are several prominent streamers there thanks to the advent of the Share button on the PS4. The streamer already has significant advantages over you or I, he plays more, has followers who boost him and so on. There's no real way around that.

Maybe you care about what happens to streamers, that's certainly your right. Personally I care more about how my friends and I play and enjoy the game. Most of my friends are casual players who would appreciate getting the odd item or two.

I don't follow the console version(s) at all. But didn't someone in an earlier comment say something about BoE on the consoles? Also, there was (is there still?) plenty of hacking of fake and buffed items being passed around on the console versions, that isn't happening on the PC version. Not sure what has changed if anything.

And as I said before and even said shortly after RoS launched. I'd be ok with clan trading...as long as there is a limit put on it. ie: items cant be traded to someone not in the clan at the time it dropped. Also only allow an item to be traded just once. Same would be for friends list. Doing this however would be a bit of a database nightmare and may not be feasible depending on what their resource budgets are.

43. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Sep 4, 2014, 08:31 Verno

Krovven wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 20:11:
There are Grift rankings out of Season too. I don't want to see people getting the best gear handed to them because they run streams. If that's what people want, they may as well bring the AH back. Play the game, earn your gear. There was so much fucking whining about the AH and the game improved with the changes they made. Open trading would be a step backwards.

As I said in my previous response it doesn't have to be open trading necessarily. It isn't destroying the console versions of the game and there are several prominent streamers there thanks to the advent of the Share button on the PS4. The streamer already has significant advantages over you or I, he plays more, has followers who boost him and so on. There's no real way around that.

Maybe you care about what happens to streamers, that's certainly your right. Personally I care more about how my friends and I play and enjoy the game. Most of my friends are casual players who would appreciate getting the odd item or two.

42. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Sep 3, 2014, 20:11 Krovven

There are Grift rankings out of Season too. I don't want to see people getting the best gear handed to them because they run streams. If that's what people want, they may as well bring the AH back.

Play the game, earn your gear. There was so much fucking whining about the AH and the game improved with the changes they made. Open trading would be a step backwards.

41. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Sep 3, 2014, 09:06 Verno

Krovven wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 20:59:
Because the way the game is now, it is far better without full on trading. I'd be open to them making trading within Clans members but only if those that were in the clan at the time the item dropped. Even with this method, items should be bind to account after they've been traded once.

It would be too easy for people (particularly streamers) that have a community following them to just feed them gear nullifying the Grift rankings. Some people don't care about that but others do.

I get items from people I play with all the time (generally for my other classes I don't play as much). With how readily legendary and set items drop now, I simply don't see open trading would benefit the game in any way. People aren't entitled to get the best gear or to get hard to find drops. You don't "need" them either to be able T6 and keep up.

I don't know, that feels like a real stretch. They could implement trading with friends lists or clans, limit it to regular play instead of seasonal and so on. It ultimately doesn't really affect anyone in a negative way and exists on consoles already. The only real reason I can see for not doing it is some concern of duping but given the nature of the game now I don't think that's a big concern.

The feature disparity of the console and PC versions is a bit puzzling too.

40. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Sep 2, 2014, 20:59 Krovven

Because the way the game is now, it is far better without full on trading. I'd be open to them making trading within Clans members but only if those that were in the clan at the time the item dropped. Even with this method, items should be bind to account after they've been traded once.

It would be too easy for people (particularly streamers) that have a community following them to just feed them gear nullifying the Grift rankings. Some people don't care about that but others do.

I get items from people I play with all the time (generally for my other classes I don't play as much). With how readily legendary and set items drop now, I simply don't see open trading would benefit the game in any way. People aren't entitled to get the best gear or to get hard to find drops. You don't "need" them either to be able T6 and keep up.

39. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Sep 2, 2014, 11:34 Verno

The argument against trading is kind of silly given its existence in console versions of the game. If you don't want to trade you don't have to but other people might not have the same free time to grind out a particular item and want to trade for it. I wouldn't personally ever use trading at this point but if someone else wants to then it doesn't really affect me so why care if its in the game or not?  

38. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Sep 1, 2014, 08:54 Armengar

@krovven, I would love trading as there are some items that simply haven't dropped for me, or perhaps I have a glut of crusader items and would love to try a monk out (so can trade crusader for monk items) etc. However, I see the issue with Chinese item farmers etc but cannot realistically see the issue with item trading now the AH has gone.

I still like D3 and pop into it occasionally. 2.1 helped me out a fair bit with the changes and overall I've definitely had my monies worth.

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

37. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Sep 1, 2014, 04:01 InBlack

Im still pissed that D3 has no BOA on the console versions. Fuck you Blizzard, fuck you very much!  

I have a nifty blue line!

36. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Aug 31, 2014, 17:16 Cram

Well, no Krovven they really do not work fine. They release a patch to the PTR and it lasts for month(s), and this is the product. The fact they need the user to take any actions at all to fix their mistakes proves they do not work fine at all.

THAT said, Krovven is correct that Blizzard have posted just about everywhere they can how the user and spend 30 seconds fixing the issue. The user shouldn't have to do this at all, but it literally takes 30 seconds. Not excusing Blizzard, but like a lot of games on the PC that deal with silly bugs the user can easily fix them on their own.

As for trades, I don't miss them and again Krovven is correct because you can get almost any piece of gear you want with a little effort now through multiple avenues. Now if you're one of those people that want a perfect Calamity and want to trade for it, well you obviously must have the near impossible to get perfect of another item if you're even suggesting you want to trade for it. Trades are not missed, or necessary.

In my opinion, anyway.

35. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Aug 31, 2014, 16:13 Krovven

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 07:47:
I just want their achievements to start working again.

Achievements work fine. Have you bothered to actually look up the simple solution to the problem some people are having? I was one of those people and it took all of a few minutes to do a forum search and fix it.

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 07:47:
Fucking no trades bullshit. I hope, hope, hope they have something to say about this at Blizzcon. I'd even wait for it to hit the next expansion if I must, which is likely what it would take to revise this absurd rule.

Uhhm, no. Only people that don't play very much seem to give a shit about trading to people that weren't there for a drop. It's easy enough to get gear from just playing that there is absolutely no reason for trading outside of groups to occur.

34. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Aug 31, 2014, 12:26 deqer

Nighthawk wrote on Aug 30, 2014, 20:55:
deqer wrote on Aug 30, 2014, 18:52:
This is what happens when you sign up to a game that forces patches on you; patches that make changes whether or not you agree with those changes.
Not at all like any other online game right?
Well, exactly. So, we need to stop playing online games then.

33. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Aug 31, 2014, 12:03 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 10:36:
Cram wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 10:27:
DarkD3 user here too, "Strongest" setting. Seems the website is gone, better back up those files.
Uh.. you can just use SweetFX
Sure, but in my opinion the textures look nicer and sharper with DarkD3

32. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Aug 31, 2014, 10:46 Cram

Absolutely, have SweetFX going for Guild Wars 2. So much better.  

31. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Aug 31, 2014, 10:36 eRe4s3r

Cram wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 10:27:
DarkD3 user here too, "Strongest" setting. Seems the website is gone, better back up those files.

Uh.. you can just use SweetFX

30. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Aug 31, 2014, 10:27 Cram

49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo