Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut Next Month

Harebrained Schemes announces details on a Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut coming to Windows, OS X, and Linux next month, saying this will be free to owners of the original Shadowrun: Dragonfall. Here's word from Kickstarter:

Hello from GenCon! As promised a couple weeks ago, we’re ready to tell you more about Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut. In fact, Mitch and Jordan will be talking about the game at their Shadowrun “What’s Next” panel tomorrow at the Crowne Plaza. If you’re at GenCon, come check out the panel! You can also drop by Booth 2343 to chat more with members of the Harebrained team, play some Golem Arcana, or catch a sneak peek of the new Dragonfall trailer.

But if you’re not here at GenCon, don’t worry! We’ve got you covered. Here’s the scoop on the Director’s Cut:

Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut will be released for Windows, OSX & Linux on September 18th, 2014 for $14.99. It will be available on Steam, GoG, and the Humble Store. And - in case you missed our previous update: as a continued “thank you” for your support, the Director’s Cut will be FREE to all Backers and owners of the original Dragonfall release.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut Next Month Aug 17, 2014, 04:11 Kajetan

--- edit ---  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut Next Month Aug 17, 2014, 00:47 Icewind

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 22:09:
I tried the base campaign a few months ago and couldn't stand the clearly designed for tablets UI. So has that already been overhauled or if that just going to be in the Director's Cut?

Unfortunately, no. They've already stated when asked about similar concerns surrounding the basic campaign (Dead Man's Switch) that it's done and they have no intention to change anything with it. After the Director's cut of Dragonfall they said they are beginning work on their next project.

8. Re: Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut Next Month Aug 16, 2014, 22:09 Parallax Abstraction

I tried the base campaign a few months ago and couldn't stand the clearly designed for tablets UI. So has that already been overhauled or if that just going to be in the Director's Cut?  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

7. Re: Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut Next Month Aug 16, 2014, 17:43 Jerykk

I really hope they make another original campaign integrating all these improvements. I thought Dragonfall was great but I doubt I'd replay it, especially with Wasteland 2 and DA:I coming out soon.  

6. Re: Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut Next Month Aug 16, 2014, 17:23 Fibrocyte

The base version is just disappointing for some reason... I'm having a hard time being interested. I guess I'll give it another try before WL2 is officially released.  

5. Re: Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut Next Month Aug 16, 2014, 16:30 Cutter

Really pumped for this! The original campaign was a big let down, but they did a huge 180 with Berlin and totally redeemed themselves...like totally.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

4. Shadowrun Aug 16, 2014, 16:13 Sacrifice

I purchased Shadowrun Returns during the Steam Summer sale. I just played and finished it recently. It is a slower turn-based role-playing game (TB-RPG?), but I enjoyed it. I looked forward to playing the highly-rated Dragonfall, all the more now with this Director's Cut.  

"In questions about good and bad, we ought not to follow the opinion of the many, but the opinion of the one who has understanding."

3. Re: Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut Next Month Aug 16, 2014, 13:55 Creston

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 12:03:
Hrm, what exactly do they consider the original release? Through Steam?

Is there some release AFTER the original that isn't the Director's Cut?

? The original Dragonfall release? And now they've added missions to it, and overhauled combat, and overhauled the UI, and are re-releasing it as a director's cut.

2. Re: Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut Next Month Aug 16, 2014, 12:35 Lit_Reflex001

Don't you guys know? Fans of Shadowrun will inherit the Earth...  

1. Re: Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut Next Month Aug 16, 2014, 12:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, what exactly do they consider the original release? Through Steam?

Is there some release AFTER the original that isn't the Director's Cut? I admit I didn't follow Shadowrun that closely, but since I finished Divinity:OS, I'm going to go back and finish it now.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo