Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner

The gamescom website does not yet reflect the news, but 2K Games announces that Evolve took the best in show award at the trade show, which was one of five awards Turtle Rock's four-versus-one multiplayer shooter won out of 13 that were handed out, saying this is the most official gamescom awards for any single game. Here's word:

2K and Turtle Rock Studios announced today that Evolve, the highly anticipated 4v1 cooperative and competitive multiplayer shooter coming to next-gen consoles and PC on February 10, 2015, has won the prestigious “Best of Gamescom” award as well as the awards for “Best Console Game Microsoft Xbox,” “Best PC Game,” “Best Action Game,” and “Best Online Multiplayer Game.” Evolve dominated Gamescom 2014, winning five of the thirteen award categories, the most official awards any game has ever won at Gamescom.

“We are blown away by the positive reception for Evolve from both the critics and the consumers here at Gamescom,” said Phil Robb, co-founder and creative director at Turtle Rock Studios. “Winning the ‘Best of Show’ award at both E3 and Gamescom in the same year is humbling and exhilarating.”

“It’s encouraging to see the level of excitement for Evolve rise constantly,” said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. “The team at Turtle Rock Studios is creating something very special with this new IP that we believe will deliver one of the most unique and engaging next-gen experiences early next year.”

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner Aug 19, 2014, 20:56 Redmask

The funny thing is seeing posters for this everywhere still despite the delay.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner Aug 17, 2014, 13:06 nin

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 17, 2014, 09:03:
Didn't we have this discussion last week?

10 people are sitting at a table. 1 person just bitches and moans about everything and is never happy. They get up and leave the table. Now another person starts bitching and moaning about the person who was bitching and moaning and the other 8 people are now dealing with 2 people they don't want to listen to.

Well, he did kind of shit all over everyone here.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

25. Re: Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner Aug 17, 2014, 09:18 Redmask

We're just talking about the game, good and bad.  

24. Re: Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner Aug 17, 2014, 09:03 The Half Elf

Didn't we have this discussion last week?

10 people are sitting at a table. 1 person just bitches and moans about everything and is never happy. They get up and leave the table. Now another person starts bitching and moaning about the person who was bitching and moaning and the other 8 people are now dealing with 2 people they don't want to listen to.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

23. Re: Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner Aug 17, 2014, 08:28 ASeven

Redmask wrote on Aug 17, 2014, 00:09:
|RaptoR| wrote on Aug 17, 2014, 00:06:
you looked right over my entire point... as per typical bluesnews poster. I never even advocated for the game, but damn you all are posting like entitled little children.

Why would you pick this topic to express that? We're being pretty fair in both praise and criticism of this game and its based on experience. You're the one acting like an entitled brat here, as if the rest of us need to dance to the tune you want and nothing else.

It is always telling that the ones to use the entitlement argument the most are the ones who are the truly entitled ones as if we had to hear their verbal diarrhea and agree with all of it. Case in point, this raptor guy.

22. Re: Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner Aug 17, 2014, 04:19 DangerDog

|RaptoR| wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 21:20:
Clicking on a comment thread on bluesnews is akin to wading into a cesspit voluntarily. You all are some negative motherfuckers, for serious

Oh, I'm sorry were we suppose to praise this garbage game because "gamescom" gave it a bunch of awards?

21. Re: Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner Aug 17, 2014, 00:09 Redmask

|RaptoR| wrote on Aug 17, 2014, 00:06:
you looked right over my entire point... as per typical bluesnews poster. I never even advocated for the game, but damn you all are posting like entitled little children.

Why would you pick this topic to express that? We're being pretty fair in both praise and criticism of this game and its based on experience. You're the one acting like an entitled brat here, as if the rest of us need to dance to the tune you want and nothing else.

Your 'point' makes no sense. How do we even measure it? If one person has a negative reaction then suddenly no one else counts? People comment positively about things all the time, hell people did it in this fucking topic. You're just seeing what you want to see. Gushing unreservedly would be stupid and is just the opposite of what you're accusing other people of.

20. Re: Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner Aug 17, 2014, 00:06 |RaptoR|

there hasn't been a single story in the past year that had a positive reaction from the bluesnews community. I challenge you to find one that isn't an Out of the Blue post.

19. Re: Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner Aug 16, 2014, 22:18 Redmask

Clicking on a comment thread on bluesnews is akin to wading into a cesspit voluntarily. You all are some negative motherfuckers, for serious

You realize you just made a negative comment, right?

Sorry my actual gameplay impressions weren't sufficiently hyped up for you, perhaps I can suggest reading some magazines made by Gamestop or something. TRUE NEXT GEN EXPERIENCE WOW DONT THINK BUY NOW PREORDER!!!! Is that better?

18. Re: Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner Aug 16, 2014, 21:52 nin

And this help how?

17. Re: Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner Aug 16, 2014, 21:20 |RaptoR|

16. Re: Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner Aug 16, 2014, 20:50 Cutter

Whatevs.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

15. Re: Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner Aug 16, 2014, 18:01 eRe4s3r

bhcompy wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 15:35:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 12:24:
It's kinda hilarious that this game won "Best of Gamescom" award.. youtube gameplay looks spray and pray vs giant tank like targets so that every noob can hit anything

Yeah, the future of multi-player shooters is consolized shooter gameplay 4 vs 1 ... with forced coop and no dynamic levels, destruction or anything even remotely interesting.

Snorefest ^^

I take it you're not a Left4Dead fan

You take correctly, aside from the issue that the game is ZERO challenge if you play it with proper game geeks it's also extremely boring to me.

That said, I am starting to get REALLY bored of modern shooters altogether... BF3 BF4.. it's all one giant fucking blur... more shooters with new ideas aren't really a bad thing, but forced COOP isn't what I am after...

14. Re: Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner Aug 16, 2014, 17:56 born2expire

I don't see the hype, I played both alphas and the game is just boring and terrible.  

13. Re: Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner Aug 16, 2014, 16:20 NKD

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 14:39:
4v1 is outright stupid. Whoever thought that was a good idea has a screw loose!

It's actually pretty fun in the games I've played that have had a similar mode.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

12. Re: Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner Aug 16, 2014, 15:55 HoSpanky

This isnt the first "lots versus one big guy" game. Giants: Citizen Kabuto has two teams building bases while a single player runs around as Kabuto, basically being a dick to both teams. Unfortunately one of the two base-building factions has an absurdly effective way to take out Kabuto, and they can also steal base builders (which are limited in number on the map), which there is no way for the other side to recover them. It's broken, but came out back when multiplayer was for fun only.

Get some friends together to play it. It's not a super pretty game anymore, but the multiplayer is one of a kind. Name another game where you gather the resources and research the ability to build a three person gyrocopter, which you joyfully fly out over your base, and as you look down, a giant blue gorilla throws a two-legged sheep at you. Or maybe you JUST get your force field wall up around your base, and that giant blue gorilla jumps over it and does a belly flop right on your weapons factory. Then he eats one of your teammates, snatches YOU up, and impales you on a horn as a snack for later. Despite the flaws, it's incredibly fun.

11. Re: Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner Aug 16, 2014, 15:36 Fion

There's and old Quake 3 mod similar to this, I want to say Goliath mod but it was ages ago. Players switch between normal with one person as the giant robot with super weapons. Who ever kills the giant robot becomes it, winner is who ever spent the most time as the robot. It was crazy fun and I played a tun of it at lan parties. So 4v1 'can' work and 'can' be crazy fun.

Have they showed a match from hunter pov yet? Sure the monsters are cool but I want to see hunter options, powers, upgrading, what ever.

10. Re: Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner Aug 16, 2014, 15:35 bhcompy

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 12:24:
It's kinda hilarious that this game won "Best of Gamescom" award.. youtube gameplay looks spray and pray vs giant tank like targets so that every noob can hit anything

Yeah, the future of multi-player shooters is consolized shooter gameplay 4 vs 1 ... with forced coop and no dynamic levels, destruction or anything even remotely interesting.

Snorefest ^^

I take it you're not a Left4Dead fan

9. Re: Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner Aug 16, 2014, 14:39 Ozmodan

4v1 is outright stupid. Whoever thought that was a good idea has a screw loose!  

8. Re: Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner Aug 16, 2014, 13:59 nin

Curious, as I've not heard positive feedback from folks that have played it...

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo