Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Clockwork Empires Early Access

Early access to Clockwork Empires is now available on Steam, offering a first crack at Gaslamp Games' colony building simulation. They celebrate the news with a new trailer showing off some steampunk sims going about their business, which includes combat with the Gorn and cannibalism. Word is: "Also unveiled today is the Clockwork Empires Early Access trailer, which details life on the frontier - from foraging wild berries to some serious shotgun action right to an Auroch's face, and even provides a few tips on cooking. 'Boil til it's grey, and the germs go away!'"

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Clockwork Empires Early Access Aug 17, 2014, 12:51 JaguarUSF

jdreyer wrote on Aug 17, 2014, 03:21:
Thanks. Surprised there's so much left unfinished, I remember hearing about this 3 years ago.
I think some of the stuff is at least partially finished, it's just not bug-free enough to release to the public build. There is a detailed list of what's done and not done on the website.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Clockwork Empires Early Access Aug 17, 2014, 03:21 jdreyer

JaguarUSF wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 21:33:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 16:25:
JaguarUSF wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 12:54:
I'll have a video preview Monday.
50 word impression?
Right now there isn't much to it: just a basic collect-resources-and-build-stuff city management game. You get occasionally invaded by fishpeople and have to send your military crew over and shoot them in the gills. I like the free-form building construction (you zone out the building dimensions and add components manually), and assigning colonists to work crews and having those crews automatically complete tasks you designate has potential once it's smoothed out. The developers have yet to add detailed colonist memories, cults, objectives, native factions, multiplayer, combat, additional monsters, and vehicles, so there is still a lot of the game missing in action.

Thanks. Surprised there's so much left unfinished, I remember hearing about this 3 years ago.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

6. Re: Clockwork Empires Early Access Aug 16, 2014, 21:33 JaguarUSF

jdreyer wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 16:25:
50 word impression?
Right now there isn't much to it: just a basic collect-resources-and-build-stuff city management game. You get occasionally invaded by fishpeople and have to send your military crew over and shoot them in the gills. I like the free-form building construction (you zone out the building dimensions and add components manually), and assigning colonists to work crews and having those crews automatically complete tasks you designate has potential once it's smoothed out. The developers have yet to add detailed colonist memories, cults, objectives, native factions, multiplayer, combat, additional monsters, and vehicles, so there is still a lot of the game missing in action.

5. Re: Clockwork Empires Early Access Aug 16, 2014, 18:16 verybad1

Looked at a few current playthroughs and while it shows promise, it's far too buggy for my likings currently. Will be waiting at lest a few more updates before I really decide.  

4. Re: Clockwork Empires Early Access Aug 16, 2014, 16:32 Cutter

verybad1 wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 13:09:
Definitely watching this one. Will wait for reviews however.

Yeah, been watching it from day one and I like what I see, however $30 for a game like this - nevermind EA - is way too much IMO.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

3. Re: Clockwork Empires Early Access Aug 16, 2014, 16:25 jdreyer

50 word impression?

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

2. Re: Clockwork Empires Early Access Aug 16, 2014, 13:09 verybad1

Definitely watching this one. Will wait for reviews however.  

1. Re: Clockwork Empires Early Access Aug 16, 2014, 12:54 JaguarUSF

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo