Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month

The official website for The Elder Scrolls Online has details on Update 4, an upcoming patch for Bethesda's MMORPG. The post is accompanied by an Update 4 preview video, and here's word on the patch, which is due next month:

Update 4 is on its way to ESO with tough new challenges. The mysterious tale of Craglorn continues as you and your friends explore a new region of the Adventure Zone and take on the new Trial that awaits you there. You’ll also find a new kind of challenge for your group: the Dragonstar Arena is ready to put the toughest heroes to the test. Watch the video now and prepare for new quests, delves, Trials, and much more in Update 4, slated to launch in September.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 19, 2014, 09:16 Redmask

The game so good that no one wants to play it?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 15, 2014, 21:32 Acleacius

Oh the population defiantly seems to be dropping, which is proably why they put the game on Steam for 50% off. They got a new influx but still, most don't make it to veteran, many won't play past a couple months.

I did end up quitting today, due to the greedy move to exclude previous game owners from Steam.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

24. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 15, 2014, 13:31 Verno

JohnBirshire wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 19:49:
It is so funny and ironic that every person in this thread defending the game admits to not playing it anymore. For an MMO that has only been out 3 months...that tells you everything you need to know.

I'm sure some are reasonable people who just moved onto other games. At the same time though I suspect a few of them just don't want to walk back their previous opinion because they spent months defending the game and attacking others who had very legitimate criticisms. Can't be wrong on the internet, no sir!

Oh well, the proof is in the pudding. We'll see where this is at in another 6 months.

This comment was edited on Aug 15, 2014, 13:37.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

23. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 15, 2014, 11:29 Acleacius

Also adding Rift and LotRO to the list, since by being an owner before F2P we receive many extra bonuses.

I defiantly enjoyed the game but it's the sheer greed of the business model pushing me away.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

22. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 14, 2014, 21:18 Quinn

JohnBirshire wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 19:49:
It is so funny and ironic that every person in this thread defending the game admits to not playing it anymore. For an MMO that has only been out 3 months...that tells you everything you need to know.

I dunno. I find it hard arguing with that logic, indeed. All I can say -- or.. repeat -- is that I had a blast with the game (to a point where my wife was starting to make fun of my juvenile joy as I kept showing her my Khajiit every time he started to look nicer). For me, it were all the singleplayer games that came out. I simply had to choose, because apart from gaming there's also Work & Wife & Social Life. Once there's a singleplayer draught again, ESO will prolly be the first game I'll start up again.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

21. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 14, 2014, 19:49 JohnBirshire

20. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 14, 2014, 18:13 Acleacius

I made a screen shot of my The Secret World install, after seeing the thread saying, it would not.  

19. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 14, 2014, 14:55 Quinn

Didn't get to VR stuff, but I was playing 6 toons and had a blast, I let my sub expire as I just don't have time to play. Bummed. I really like the game.

Same here. Beth sent me a survey to let them know why I quit. So sad, there wasn't a proper choice that basically said "I freaking love ESO, I'm just so busy that continueing playing it has now become a backlog matter".

If you haven't played it, you shouldn't judge it. So to anyone here who's spewing shit about the game while you haven't even touched it yourself: The joke's on you. Also, this game is not a game for powerleveling. If that's your thing, I completely understand the game sucks for you.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

18. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 14, 2014, 04:51 Acleacius

deadearth wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 00:02:
Acleacius wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 23:35:
deadearth wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 21:43:
Has any Paid MMO that has come to steam allowed allowed users to register their key for free? I'm not aware of any, there may be one or two but most don't. I'm not sure why you would expect bethesda to
Guild Wars 2, comes to mind. Secret World comes to mind.

How many do I need to list?

Everquest, Everquest II and Vanguard (now deceased), comes to mind.

Can I expect now, are you still blocking me?

Guild wars 2 isn't even on steam. Guild Wars 1 cannot be activated (http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/trying-activate-game-steam-t10470753.html).

Everquest and everquet 2 are both now f2p. I can't find any evidence that activating the non-f2p versions on steam was a possibility . Secret World you also cannot activate on steam. http://steamcommunity.com/app/215280/discussions/0/828925216459127115/

I agree it would be nice, but not something that should be expected.

Denying access to the forums is odd as I'm not aware of any other game requiring ownership to access or post on the forums.
Wow, I really did get Guild Wars 2 wrong. Honestly have no idea what the thread is about on The Secret World. My TSW is absolutely registered on Steam, not a non-steam shortcut. I can right clicky, delete local content, see my registration key. I remember being able to use my old Vanguard account on Steam, even downloaded it from there, till the server was killed last month. I'll post and ask about Everquests.

17. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 14, 2014, 00:02 deadearth

Acleacius wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 23:35:
Has any Paid MMO that has come to steam allowed allowed users to register their key for free? I'm not aware of any, there may be one or two but most don't. I'm not sure why you would expect bethesda to

Guild wars 2 isn't even on steam. Guild Wars 1 cannot be activated (http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/trying-activate-game-steam-t10470753.html).

Everquest and everquet 2 are both now f2p. I can't find any evidence that activating the non-f2p versions on steam was a possibility . Secret World you also cannot activate on steam. http://steamcommunity.com/app/215280/discussions/0/828925216459127115/

I agree it would be nice, but not something that should be expected.

Denying access to the forums is odd as I'm not aware of any other game requiring ownership to access or post on the forums.

16. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 13, 2014, 23:43 Acleacius

PropheT wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 23:40:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 22:09:
Still Zenimax is being pretty stingy. It works against them not to provide this. Next time fewer people will wait for the Steam key instead of buying directly from them.

Does it really matter? You can add games you didn't buy on Steam to your library so you can use the overlay while you play them, if that's what this is about.
Yeah it matters, we can't use the damn forums and paying $15 a month.

15. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 13, 2014, 23:40 PropheT

jdreyer wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 22:09:
Still Zenimax is being pretty stingy. It works against them not to provide this. Next time fewer people will wait for the Steam key instead of buying directly from them.

Does it really matter? You can add games you didn't buy on Steam to your library so you can use the overlay while you play them, if that's what this is about.

14. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 13, 2014, 23:35 Acleacius

This comment was edited on Aug 13, 2014, 23:42.

13. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 13, 2014, 23:01 wtf_man

I play casually with a friend. Only VR3 and have been playing since early access. I'm in no rush to get to VR12. Just enjoying the journey.

I think if you play it too heavily to "get to level cap"... yeah you'll burn out on the PvE because it's pretty much the same shit as the other two factions.

In smaller doses... it's not bad at all. sort of like firing up skyrim for an hour every few days.

12. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 13, 2014, 22:39 xXBatmanXx

JohnBirshire wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 20:35:
This game has so far been a relentless level grind. I swear I maxed characters in UO, WoW, GW2, and SWToR combined in less time than it is taking me to get VR12 in ESO. Speaking of which, the VR idea was lazy and ill thought out to begin with.

Didn't get to VR stuff, but I was playing 6 toons and had a blast, I let my sub expire as I just don't have time to play. Bummed. I really like the game.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

11. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 13, 2014, 22:09 jdreyer

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

10. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 13, 2014, 21:43 deadearth

9. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 13, 2014, 21:31 Acleacius

Ceribaen wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 20:44:
Acleacius wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 20:38:
I almost quit this month (still might), due the backstabbing zenimax move to prevent game owners from registering on Steam.

? details/explain?
zenimax won't let owners of the game, register with Steam. I've been playing/owner since pre-release. Unless something has changed, zenimax is trying to make all owners buy the game again on Steam.

Yes, as jdreyer mentioned and even worst zenimax won't even let we owners post in the forums

8. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 13, 2014, 21:26 jdreyer

Ceribaen wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 20:44:
Acleacius wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 20:38:
I almost quit this month (still might), due the backstabbing zenimax move to prevent game owners from registering on Steam.

? details/explain?

I believe this is what he is talking about.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

7. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 13, 2014, 21:20 PropheT

Silicon Avatar wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 19:15:
I like it. *shrug*

I was kind of just done once I hit veteran level content... but I liked what I played of it, too.

As for now, though, Warlords of Draenor release date announced tomorrow...

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo