Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs

We noted the recent announcement of Rise of the Tomb Raider only mentioned the Xbox One, and this turns out to be no oversight, as the Tomb Raider Blog announces this installment in the adventures of Lara Croft will skip PC and PlayStation, and will remain an Xbox exclusive. Here's the spin, which makes no mention of money changing hands other than saying Microsoft "will get behind this game more than any support we have had from them in the past." Here's word:

Tomb Raider in 2013 was a success due in large part to your continued support. Our goal has always been to deliver something truly special with Rise of the Tomb Raider. Today’s announcement with Microsoft is one step to help us put Tomb Raider on top of action adventure gaming. Our friends at Microsoft have always seen huge potential in Tomb Raider and have believed in our vision since our first unveil with them on their stage at E3 2011. We know they will get behind this game more than any support we have had from them in the past - we believe this will be a step to really forging the Tomb Raider brand as one of the biggest in gaming, with the help, belief and backing of a major partner like Microsoft.

This doesn’t mean that we’re walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC. Those are great systems, with great partners, and amazing communities. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4.

View
56 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

56. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 20, 2014, 08:22 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 11:27:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 10:25:
Quinn wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 10:39:
Why the hell would Microsoft antagonize itself like this for such a temporary exclusivity deal. People now just think "Go fuck yourself" while waiting for the release on their platform. At least otherwise they would have though "Go fuck yourself" while getting themselves an Xbone. Maybe.

So dumb.

Because Microsoft does not make games for consumers... Microsoft is a gigantic profit driven company, they don't give a fuck about you or anyone else. They looked at the calculated ROI and saw it's a profit (console sales + % of game sales), so they did it.

The real question you should be asking is why Square Enix did it, because they decided to go with it. So in reality, Square Enix can fuck off more than MS

I just heard the echo of the brainfart I made on Aug 13, 2014, 10:39. Sweatdrop You're right, the entire comment should've been aimed at Square Enix for it to make proper sense. Cheers

I may or may not have been stalking this topic...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

55. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 19, 2014, 12:26 Beamer

Why the hell would Microsoft antagonize itself like this for such a temporary exclusivity deal. People now just think "Go fuck yourself" while waiting for the release on their platform. At least otherwise they would have though "Go fuck yourself" while getting themselves an Xbone. Maybe.

So dumb.

Because Microsoft does not make games for consumers... Microsoft is a gigantic profit driven company, they don't give a fuck about you or anyone else. They looked at the calculated ROI and saw it's a profit (console sales + % of game sales), so they did it.

The real question you should be asking is why Square Enix did it, because they decided to go with it. So in reality, Square Enix can fuck off more than MS

WHo mentioned here isn't a gigantic profit-driven company? Microsoft is. Sony certainly is. Square Enix is.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

54. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 19, 2014, 11:27 Quinn

So dumb.

I just heard the echo of the brainfart I made on Aug 13, 2014, 10:39. Sweatdrop You're right, the entire comment should've been aimed at Square Enix for it to make proper sense. Cheers

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

53. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 19, 2014, 10:25 eRe4s3r

So dumb.

52. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 13, 2014, 10:39 Quinn

So dumb.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

51. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 13, 2014, 09:46 nin

TheEmissary wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 09:15:
NKD wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 00:16:
In before Deus Ex and Hitman move to Xbone Exclusivity.

I really hope Deus Ex isn't caught up in this mess. I wonder if the TR call was crystal dynamics or Square Enix decision.

Wondered that as well.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

50. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 13, 2014, 09:15 TheEmissary

NKD wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 00:16:

I really hope Deus Ex isn't caught up in this mess. I wonder if the TR call was crystal dynamics or Square Enix decision.

It annoys me greatly all the politics that goes in to distributing and publishing games. As a gamer I just want to play the games I like but they are certainly making it difficult. I can begrudgingly accept series that start exclusive and stay exclusive to one system but I will never accept the case when a multiplat goes exclusive.

49. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 13, 2014, 09:01 nin

ASeven wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 08:59:
nin wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 08:42:
TangledThorns wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 05:36:
In my long time of being a Blues News reader I don't think I've ever been more mad at a post like this. TR is one of my favorite games and I couldn't wait for the sequel to hit PC. MS and Eidos can go fuck themselves. I never considered myself anti-console but after this announcement I am now.

I would hope, when it finally launches on other platforms, people remember this bullshit that they pulled, and not buy it.

MS has now confirmed it will come to other platforms.

Send that bad boy in the Mr. Blue!

48. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 13, 2014, 08:59 ASeven

nin wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 08:42:
In my long time of being a Blues News reader I don't think I've ever been more mad at a post like this. TR is one of my favorite games and I couldn't wait for the sequel to hit PC. MS and Eidos can go fuck themselves. I never considered myself anti-console but after this announcement I am now.

I would hope, when it finally launches on other platforms, people remember this bullshit that they pulled, and not buy it.

MS has now confirmed it will come to other platforms.

47. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 13, 2014, 08:42 nin

46. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 13, 2014, 05:36 TangledThorns

45. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 13, 2014, 00:16 NKD

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

44. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 12, 2014, 22:26 KilrathiAce

Nothing to see here, MS is digging their own grave here for their console.

This "exclusive" attempt is MS last ditch effort to reverse sales of their new "garbage" console compared to ps4.

And for this I will not be buying any Tomb Raider titles anymore, MS should realize that PC is mostly their console too but they are suicidal in trying to get xbox sales up... gl with that.

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

43. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 12, 2014, 22:23 CJ_Parker

Fion wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 17:51:
I'm sure MS payed out the ass in an attempt to give people at least one reason to buy their shitty console, but no amount of money will prevent Square Enix from releasing on all platforms eventually.

Yeah man, I hope so, too. I hope they fucking bleed to death out of their fucking paid-out asshole! Those muzzerfuggerz!!!

42. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 12, 2014, 21:15 CJ_Parker

Really enjoyed the old and new TRs on the PC so all I can say is what a bunch of fucking assholes! Microsoft should be ashamed of themselves for even allowing this. If they cared even one bit about Windows gaming they should help fund a PC port.
But of course that's crazy talk. They have surely struck a behind the curtains deal here because the Xbone isn't doing as well as they'd like. Fucking shit sacks.
Well, this nails it though. I usually don't pirate games but I'll be damned if I ever spend a single penny on a TR game again. Yarr mateys!

41. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 12, 2014, 18:08 Loopy

I thought the reboot was solid, but they haven't even released any gameplay footage of the sequel so it's hard for me to get interested about it at this point. When I saw this announcement I was kind of surprised, but also kind of "meh."

I would be very surprised if the title stays exclusive. Pretty much the whole series has been multiplatform for the past seventeen years.

40. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 12, 2014, 18:00 NewMaxx

SimplyMonk wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 13:14:
Guaranteed cash is better than estimated cash.

I seem to recall it being explicitly stated that the last Tomb Raider failed to meet its sales target, so I'd have to say that guaranteed cash is quite a motivator.

39. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 12, 2014, 17:51 Fion

This has got to be a timed exclusive. Not a chance in hell they'd purposefully avoid releasing the sequel to one of the best games of the year on one console, let alone the one the fewest people own. I'm sure MS payed out the ass in an attempt to give people at least one reason to buy their shitty console, but no amount of money will prevent Square Enix from releasing on all platforms eventually. Just like GTA V. Simply too much money to be made not to.  

38. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 12, 2014, 17:20 Fantaz

looks like i'll be skipping Tomb Raider then...

they're just a bunch of sell outs.

37. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 12, 2014, 16:48 jdreyer

Axis wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 16:21:
PC gamers simply don't give a shit, seriously we can easily live without any games that go 'exclusive' anywhere else.

Basically, what Axis said. I played about half the reboot and enjoyed it, but have shit like the original Bioshock on my list of shame. Also, still need to play Black Mesa. So, if this never makes it to PC, then you'll never get my money. Hope that works for ya.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

56 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo