Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Capcom Working on Ultra Street Fighter IV Connectivity

There are widespread complains from Street Fighter IV players of network issues with the newly launched PC edition of Ultra Street Fighter IV, reported on Kotaku, where they note that these stretch back to Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, the second of the three releases of this fighting game. They say that "Capcom is finally on the case," saying they received the following response to a query about the issues:

We are aware of the online connectivity issues with the PC version of the game and are working to get them addressed as quickly as possible. We are also regularly monitoring forums for user feedback and will continue to keep an eye on any major issues.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Capcom Working on Ultra Street Fighter IV Connectivity Aug 12, 2014, 02:34 Suppa7

Kobalt wrote on Aug 10, 2014, 17:35:
It's not fair to compare the netcode of a fighting game to a fps at all.

Actually it is, the argument "they are different games" means nothing because multiplayer code for OTHER fighting games long forgotten worked just fine in pre 2000' era. You just weren't aware of them. Bad game design/network code is 100% the problem in an age of broadband. There is no excuse when the modern internet is almost the equivalent of one giant lan.

Not to mention multiplayer emulation over modem/slow connections using console emulators.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Capcom Working on Ultra Street Fighter IV Connectivity Aug 11, 2014, 07:53 deqer

Why would any waste their time playing competitively over the net. Having a ping, or any bit of latency would ruin a match.

This is why we have LAN parties, so games can be fair and equal (serious) with a 0 ping connection.

Would rather do that and/or play it in an arcade.

I feel sorry for this current generation of kids who grew up not knowing this.

6. Re: Capcom Working on Ultra Street Fighter IV Connectivity Aug 10, 2014, 17:35 Kobalt

Gruntstein wrote on Aug 10, 2014, 11:07:
SF4's netcode has been dog shit from day 1. Unlike every multiplayer game that has been released since Quakeworld, it doesn't use client-side prediction so you have to deal with input delay that varies with your ping. Amazing that they were able to make it even worse.

It's not fair to compare the netcode of a fighting game to a fps at all.

5. Re: Capcom Working on Ultra Street Fighter IV Connectivity Aug 10, 2014, 14:19 LittleMe

SF4's netcode has been dog shit from day 1. Unlike every multiplayer game that has been released since Quakeworld, it doesn't use client-side prediction so you have to deal with input delay that varies with your ping. Amazing that they were able to make it even worse.

Slightly off topic but damn QW sure did ruin Q1's solid gameplay as a sacrifice for 28.8kbps dialup modem gameplay. Netquake plays vastly better if you have just a bit more bandwidth. Of course it depends on the connection and server quality too but I still have QW rubberbandy nightmares.

Edit: Here's a very close approximation of what the QW nightmare is for me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkftxdd1E8Q

This comment was edited on Aug 10, 2014, 14:31.

Perpetual debt is slavery.

4. Re: Capcom Working on Ultra Street Fighter IV Connectivity Aug 10, 2014, 12:48 Aero

I'm kind or surprised you can play a fighting game like this where low 10's of milliseconds can matter over the internet regardless of the netcode.  

3. Re: Capcom Working on Ultra Street Fighter IV Connectivity Aug 10, 2014, 11:52 Theo

there are a bunch of roll back implementations; (GGPO being a good example), but its not really 100% the same i dont think, but its very close. SFiV's netcode hasnt been brilliant, but its more than serviceable and better than MOST fighters outside of ggpo games. If you want bad netcode look at a netherrealm title...

right now the problem isnt the general performance its the whole thing, its basically broken and inconsistent; when fight request match making is on it even breaks the single player... go figure...

This comment was edited on Aug 10, 2014, 12:01.

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.

2. Re: Capcom Working on Ultra Street Fighter IV Connectivity Aug 10, 2014, 11:07 Gruntstein

1. Re: Capcom Working on Ultra Street Fighter IV Connectivity Aug 10, 2014, 10:21 Theo

they really can go to hell, its been broken since way before release, in fact the moment they changed us from GFWL to steam-works - the steam-works port is awful, GFWL was better in every-way; its annoying they have come out and said this now, when its been broken for literally weeks on end - ahh yes that's right, they have a product to sell now.........

come back gfwl all is forgiven.

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo