Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Another The Crew Beta This Month

The Crew website announces plans to conduct a second round of beta testing for the Windows edition of The Crew on August 25th. They say participants in the first beta (even if you redeemed a key without actually playing) are automatically included, and that anyone who preorders the game can also participate in the one-day test. Here's the deal:

Get ready for the second PC Closed Beta! Because you made our first Beta period such a resounding success, we’ve decided to open up another session for an end-of-summer driving bash. Prepare yourself and brush up on those driving skills. A massive persistent world loaded with exciting driving challenges, iconic places, amazing cars – and best of all, a world filled with friends to crew up with and rivals to compete against – awaits!

If you’ve already participated in our first Closed PC Beta – or simply redeemed your key for that Beta period – guess what? First, thank you for participating, and second, you’re automatically included in our second PC Beta! Simply log in to the game on August 25th, and get started. All progress from your first Beta experience will be reset.

DON’T HAVE A BETA KEY? REGISTER FOR ONE NOW!

/!\ Due to technical limitations, a limited number of keys will be distributed. If you’re chosen to participate, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with your access key. For GUARANTEED ACCESS into the Beta, pre-purchase The Crew from one of our retail partners below.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Another The Crew Beta This Month Aug 11, 2014, 01:00 Ant

Is anyone going to get the physical setup like at E3 2014?  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 9, 2014, 12:33 Creston

HoSpanky wrote on Aug 9, 2014, 07:43:
The procedurally generated areas were always ridiculously windy roads, no fun to drive on because you NEVER got out of third gear.

Jeremy Clarkson just had an orgasm.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 9, 2014, 07:43 HoSpanky

The Run is broken up into pieces, there's no open-world about it. It's a set of races that they tell you are chained together as a cross- country drive.

Hot Pursuit has an open "world" option, but it's smaller than Burnout Paradise.

The largest open world I've seen in a game was FUEL, but only the hand made sections were fun to drive. The procedurally generated areas were always ridiculously windy roads, no fun to drive on because you NEVER got out of third gear.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 9, 2014, 06:03 Theo

this kinda looks like it would be fun, must read up  

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2014, 22:28 DarkCntry

Rigs wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 22:13:
There was a Youtube video not too long ago of someone that drove from Miami to San Fran in game, took about 40 mins. Was pretty cool. Got me kinda hyped to play it. There were no loading screens, no loading at all really. It apparently crashed once, toward the end when they were in the desert Southwest but other than that it looked like a fun racer. Was 'The Run' anything like that? I never played that one, just Hot Pursuit, Most Wanted and Rivals. I'm curious how big the game world in 'The Run' is compared to 'The Crew'...

EDIT: Here's the 40-minute video cross-country...

=-Rigs-=

I don't remember Florida looking that squatty Of course I know it's condensing, but it's still funny looking, more-so than the actual state.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2014, 22:13 Rigs

There was a Youtube video not too long ago of someone that drove from Miami to San Fran in game, took about 40 mins. Was pretty cool. Got me kinda hyped to play it. There were no loading screens, no loading at all really. It apparently crashed once, toward the end when they were in the desert Southwest but other than that it looked like a fun racer. Was 'The Run' anything like that? I never played that one, just Hot Pursuit, Most Wanted and Rivals. I'm curious how big the game world in 'The Run' is compared to 'The Crew'...

EDIT: Here's the 40-minute video cross-country...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

6. Re: Another The Crew Beta This Month Aug 8, 2014, 21:34 Parallax Abstraction

Creston wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 21:02:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 17:08:
Creston wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 16:36:
Did anyone play the beta? Any feedback on the actual driving?

I didn't mind it. It's definitely very arcadey but I thought it played pretty well. Some placed that were really down on it when it was shown at E3 2013 said it's improved a lot too. The engine had some glitches (though this was a proper beta, not a marketing beta) and it was locked to 30FPS on PC but I think I read that's supposed to change by release. The seamless co-op was really slick too. Has a lot of promise.

Thanks PA

Sure thing.

I really hope Ubisoft gets this game right. Just the sheer size of the map and how the environments change are amazing. 30FPS on PC would be ridiculous though.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

5. Re: Another The Crew Beta This Month Aug 8, 2014, 21:02 Creston

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 17:08:

I didn't mind it. It's definitely very arcadey but I thought it played pretty well. Some placed that were really down on it when it was shown at E3 2013 said it's improved a lot too. The engine had some glitches (though this was a proper beta, not a marketing beta) and it was locked to 30FPS on PC but I think I read that's supposed to change by release. The seamless co-op was really slick too. Has a lot of promise.

Thanks PA

4. Re: Another The Crew Beta This Month Aug 8, 2014, 18:25 Cutter

Ugh, had a key but didn't get to try it out because of moving to my new house. So I'll be curious to see this now that I have a new PC to boot!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3. Re: Another The Crew Beta This Month Aug 8, 2014, 17:08 Parallax Abstraction

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

2. Re: Another The Crew Beta This Month Aug 8, 2014, 16:36 Creston

1. Re: Another The Crew Beta This Month Aug 8, 2014, 16:34 jdreyer

Is this a rowing simulator, or what?  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo