Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Metro Redux Uncovered Trailer

4A Games' Metro Redux is on display in a new "Uncovered" trailer from the first-person shooter remake that's due for release in North America on August 26th. Word on the new clip is accompanied by this description: "Improved graphics, complete with Ranger, Spartan and Survival game modes, hours of additional content and features packed into games that were rebuilt on 4A Games' brand new engine -- Metro Redux from Deep Silver is a beautifully re-mastered package for newcomers and Metro fans alike."

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Metro Redux Uncovered Trailer Aug 9, 2014, 08:24 theyarecomingforyou

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 18:19:
Gameplay, AI and multiplayer changes aside and just looking at the visuals, I have to say that my Metro 2033 looked exactly like the Redux version. In addition to using the lowest gfx settings, they must have also used all kinds of fuck-up filters to make the game look that bad in the "Original" comparison shots.
They were comparing the console version (X360) with the next-gen version. The PC version was much better than the old footage they showed.

That said, Metro 2033 wasn't the best optimised game and Metro: Last Light definitely improved the experience. I'm happy to pick it up at the discounted price for original owners. That said, I can't see the value in the Metro: Last Light Redux version.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Metro Redux Uncovered Trailer Aug 9, 2014, 01:44 NewMaxx

Metro Last Light was awesome and ran great for me, but Metro 2033 ran like shit. At the time it came out it ran like shit, but when I went back to try again after beating Last Light with a much more powerful system it still ran like shit. (i5 @ 4.6 GHz, 12GB RAM, 2x760, SSD RAID)

So if it looks and runs like Last Light did, it's a victory in my book since I might be able to finish it now. I expect maximum quality and 60+ FPS in my games when my system should clobber an engine like that.

9. Re: Metro Redux Uncovered Trailer Aug 8, 2014, 23:37 Fantaz

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 21:57:
This is a good way to get my money.

It's funny because I felt as though Fallout 3 was terribly over-hyped and not a lot of fun but I really, really like the Metro titles. They are easily the best shooters I've played in a damn long time especially when I got in on Last Light for 1 cent deal when Best Buy fucked up.

I'm more or less concerned about the requirements seeing as how the first one had incredibly steep requirements to max out but that may have been due to poor optimization.

oh... Bestbuy cancelled my order for that Last Light 1 cent deal way back saying it was a price error. i'm still waiting for a deal on it. i got Metro 2033 for free also earlier from a facebook or humble bundle thing but haven't gotten very far in it.

8. No subject Aug 8, 2014, 22:30 Mashiki Amiketo

Hi-end PC experience? I think they mean mid-range 2010 since that's all it took to get "high quality graphics" from 4 years ago.  
--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

7. Re: Metro Redux Uncovered Trailer Aug 8, 2014, 21:57 Wallshadows

This is a good way to get my money.

It's funny because I felt as though Fallout 3 was terribly over-hyped and not a lot of fun but I really, really like the Metro titles. They are easily the best shooters I've played in a damn long time especially when I got in on Last Light for 1 cent deal when Best Buy fucked up.

I'm more or less concerned about the requirements seeing as how the first one had incredibly steep requirements to max out but that may have been due to poor optimization.

6. Re: Metro Redux Uncovered Trailer Aug 8, 2014, 19:26 siapnar

Well I'd say this is mainly to draw in first time buyers of both games, rather than to get people to re-purchase.
$24.99 is pretty high though, especially for the first game.

I have projectile dysfunction.

5. Re: Metro Redux Uncovered Trailer Aug 8, 2014, 18:58 Quboid

I can't recommend these games highly enough but the redux versions look like bad value for owners of the previous games. I think this goes beyond a patch even for Last Light and I don't begrudge them charging but that price looks steep IMHO.

If you don't own one and want an old school shooter updated well, now's your chance. Playing them in order (2033 first, then Last Light) is preferable but not necessary, it doesn't carry over like Mass Effect.

- Quboid

4. Re: Metro Redux Uncovered Trailer Aug 8, 2014, 18:19 CJ_Parker

Gameplay, AI and multiplayer changes aside and just looking at the visuals, I have to say that my Metro 2033 looked exactly like the Redux version. In addition to using the lowest gfx settings, they must have also used all kinds of fuck-up filters to make the game look that bad in the "Original" comparison shots.
So for PC I'm calling bullshit on this redux version. Might be cool for new gen console gamers but unless you're a HUGE HARDCORE fan of the franchise I don't think it's worth considering the upgrade on PC.
Fraud alert. Code red. You have been warned.

3. Re: Metro Redux Uncovered Trailer Aug 8, 2014, 17:24 MajorD

I like that they did the Redux, but still a BIG money grab in my opinion. They should only be charging $5.00 (Not $12.49)for each game for the people who already own them, like what Square Enix did with Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

And charging for 'Ranger Mode' via a DLC in Last Light was a total DICK move!

2. Re: Metro Redux Uncovered Trailer Aug 8, 2014, 16:04 Caladell

Looks pretty awesome. Not sure yet though if I want to re-purchase them. Kinda wishing now I hadn't bought either of them yet.  

1. Re: Metro Redux Uncovered Trailer Aug 8, 2014, 15:48 Fantaz

i'm pretty impressed with the improvements shown in that video... will definitely have to get this game when it comes out on PC now this month. never enough good first-person shooters these days.  

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo