Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs

Crytek announces plans to launch a Windows edition of Ryse: Son of Rome this fall, offering a PC gamers a crack at their action game that was an Xbox One launch title. The troubled German developer/publisher is improving upon the original release by including all the console DLC and upgrading the game's visuals with that 4K support that all the kids are talking about. Here's the deal:

“We are bringing the Ryse experience to PC, with 4K resolution support,” says Carl Jones, Director of Business Development at Crytek. “4K gaming is another leap in graphics quality for PC gamers and Ryse is the perfect showcase for what’s now possible in high-end PC games. We’ve given our team the opportunity to show what CRYENGINE can really achieve, without compromising quality, thanks to the incredible hardware available now to PC gamers. Ryse will be a benchmark PC graphics showcase this year and probably for a long time in future. Our community asked for a Ryse PC version, and we have the means and technology to deliver this title with the highest quality possible."

The PC version of Ryse will come with bonus material originally released as downloadable content, including: The Colosseum Pack containing two character skins and two Arena maps; the Mars’ Chosen Pack containing one new character skin, four Arena maps, and the new Survival mode; the Duel of Fates Pack containing two character skins, two Arena maps, and one additional Survival map; and the Morituri Pack, with three new Arena maps, two Survival maps, and five solo Arena maps. Finally, PC players will also have instant access to the Ruins multiplayer map and the “Legionnaire’s Trust” sword initially released as part of a special edition of the game.

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

33. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs Aug 9, 2014, 08:28 Redmask

Snicker  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs Aug 8, 2014, 09:43 Quinn

From the first looks to me it looks like an interesting, cinematic experience. I'll look into it more when it's near release!  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

31. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs Aug 8, 2014, 00:33 netnerd85

Awesome, now I don't have to buy an xbone  

30. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs Aug 7, 2014, 18:38 jacobvandy

Deep Silver is a distributor here, for physical copies. Crytek doesn't need them for digital.  

29. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs Aug 7, 2014, 18:35 CJ_Parker

ViRGE wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 16:53:
CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 13:13:
Yep. Not even worth pirating. Deep Silver can go and suck a fat one after the Sacred 3 debacle. Fuck 'em.
Huh? What the heck does Deep Silver have to do with this?

They are the ones publishing this shit. And the only reason Crytek is still alive because it was Deep Silver who bailed them out of bankruptcy.

28. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs Aug 7, 2014, 17:22 NewMaxx

ViRGE wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 16:53:

"Amid turmoil, Crytek plans to publish Ryse for PC with Deep Silver"

27. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs Aug 7, 2014, 16:53 ViRGE

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 13:13:
Yep. Not even worth pirating. Deep Silver can go and suck a fat one after the Sacred 3 debacle. Fuck 'em.

26. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs Aug 7, 2014, 15:48 PropheT

Desalus wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 12:35:
4K resolution! I'm guessing that will appeal to <1% of the PC gamer market!

I have a video card that cost more than my PS4 did and 4k isn't realistic for me... I use a 2560x1440 monitor and at least according to the Steam survey, that was less than 1%...4k was barely a tenth of even that if I remember the most recent survey correctly.

As a side note, DR3 and Ryse on PC soon enough just seems to further and further dilute any reason to actually buy an Xbox One right now. I can't imagine Microsoft is entirely pleased with that scenario, so hopefully they don't start throwing money at developers to keep things off of PC.

25. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs Aug 7, 2014, 15:40 Xero

That's what Crytek gets for abandoning us PC gamers to the consoles! lol.

Now they want to buy us back with this sh!tty port? No thanks.

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Max Payne 3, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Alpha, Battlefield 3, Outlast, Red Faction Guerrilla

24. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs Aug 7, 2014, 15:16 Agent.X7

SirKnight wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 11:53:
nin wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 11:48:
It's the "please save our asses" port!

My exact thought the moment I read the headline. LOL!

Yup, I think we are all getting that vibe. Too bad the game in question didn't even do great on its original, exclusive console. I tried it. I looks great, but it's pretty repetitive.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

23. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs Aug 7, 2014, 15:00 Slick

buy now and get access to 4k resolution gaming! *4k monitor sold seperately

i can't wait to see what textures built to be displayed at 792p will look like stretched to 4k!

also, i'm pretty sure that EVERY PC game can do 4k, it's just a resolution. that's like saying that your now game can do 8k resolution! yeah, if you have an 8k TV lol.

buy DooM now and receive a free upgrade to 1280x1024 graphics! only on DooM!

You've been slicked. Wash up. -nin

22. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs Aug 7, 2014, 14:09 DangerDog

I'll probably end up being a free game with video card from AMD, maybe they can pick up some table scraps by doing that.  

21. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs Aug 7, 2014, 14:09 Trevellian

No thanks, you can keep it.  

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

20. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Mini-Delay Aug 7, 2014, 14:01 ChandlerL

ochentay4,

I'm with you. Strong narrative with ok gameplay can still carry a game for me. Saw the let's play's on this as well as the poor reviews, and I still wanted to play this for the story. I'll definitely buy it. Plus supporting Crytek's, warts n alls', a decent cause-- I don't want to see them go.

19. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs Aug 7, 2014, 13:38 Alamar

I'm apparently in the minority, but I bought this with my XBone, and I enjoyed it... I enjoyed the story, and this is the first time (outside of Dragon's Lair), where I've played a game with this kind of control scheme... It wasn't challenging, but it was interesting enough to keep me going until the end.

Sadly, my XBone has been in a box since I tried to take it back a week after I bought it, so I've barely touched the other game I picked it up with (Dead Rising 3).

18. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs Aug 7, 2014, 13:17 peteham

Creston wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 12:11:
This is a terrible game. The story is actually pretty good, the voice acting is solid, the visuals are... okay, I guess (beautiful characters and environments in rome, terrible terrible visuals elsewhere), but the actual fighting gameplay is so mindnumbingly boring...

I'd pick it up for 2.50.
IMO, the superior platform for Ryse, is YouTube... Went the same route with Beyond: Two Souls. Treating it like a B-movie (or C, in the case of B:TS) and watching it in a half-coma after work etc. is much preferable to the actual *effort* of slogging through the awful gameplay yourself. I would never be able to finish either game.

17. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs Aug 7, 2014, 13:13 CJ_Parker

16. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs Aug 7, 2014, 13:08 SpectralMeat

El Pit wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 13:00:

Hm... If they were honest, it would sound like "Please save our asses, you damned pc pirates! Consoles ftw!"
That was the original version of the press release from the devs but the PR department got involved

Steam: SpectralMeat

15. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs Aug 7, 2014, 13:07 Omni

Yes, but who is stupid enough to buy that crap on PC ?

14. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs Aug 7, 2014, 13:00 El Pit

Hm... If they were honest, it would sound like "Please save our asses, you damned pc pirates! Consoles ftw!"

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo