Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Wasteland 2 Delayed?

Kickstarter update for Wasteland 2 talks about the latest updates to inXile entertainment's upcoming RPG sequel in what is probably the last update from project lead Chris Keenan before the game's release. On that topic, he drops the first shoe on what sounds like a delay for the game, which was expected this month. He says: "Before we get into the fun stuff, a quick note on the release date. It’s pretty likely that we will slip into the first or second week in September due to fulfillment of the physical goods and discs. We will give an exact date as soon as we know it."

View
57 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

57. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 6, 2014, 08:47 nin

Prez wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 07:58:
Just wanted to state I had the "everyone else has you on ignore" card played on me here by someone, I wonder how they know this.

We have secret Bluesnews clan meetings every other Tuesday night at Blue's house. You aren't welcome because you don't know the secret handshake. You come up at the meetings for discussion once in a while...

Whoo - secret chanting!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

56. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 6, 2014, 07:58 Prez

Just wanted to state I had the "everyone else has you on ignore" card played on me here by someone, I wonder how they know this.

We have secret Bluesnews clan meetings every other Tuesday night at Blue's house. You aren't welcome because you don't know the secret handshake. You come up at the meetings for discussion once in a while...

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

55. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 4, 2014, 12:38 Jerykk

It's fine to ignore something but you can't let idiocy be repeated unchecked for fear of it being adopted.

I don't think you really have to worry about that. The people on this board tend to be relatively intelligent. If you just stop responding to flamebait, other people will likely follow suit.

54. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 3, 2014, 10:04 Redmask

Julio wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 06:07:
And he's made some good points. I especially agree that it would get tiresome if we all had the same opinion on things, like some posters would like.

It is pretty generous calling his hit and run, didn't read the story posting style an opinion but ok. He only posts an opinion when people actually call him out on those like here.

Granted, but every big change has to start small somewhere. If everyone stops immediately blasting him for everything he says, he'll either keep doing it and nobody will bother to reply anymore, or, who knows, he'll up the quality of his posts. (ideally anyway.) The one thing we know for sure is that constantly jumping down his throat and bitching at him DEFINITELY isn't going to change anything, and yet it's all we basically see anymore.

I used to do that. He doesn't listen, he just jumps down your throat and insists hes never wrong, those were his literal words. People like that you can't change, you just hope enough people bitch that something finally gets done about them.

I will try not to let it get to me anymore so that stuff like this doesn't happen but I'm also not going to be silent if he says something particularly stupid that people end up quoting. It's fine to ignore something but you can't let idiocy be repeated unchecked for fear of it being adopted.

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 2014, 10:20.

53. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 3, 2014, 06:07 Julio

Sepharo wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 01:14:
Creston has now written the most on a topic he finds tiresome.

And he's made some good points. I especially agree that it would get tiresome if we all had the same opinion on things, like some posters would like.

52. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 3, 2014, 01:14 Sepharo

Creston has now written the most on a topic he finds tiresome.  

51. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 3, 2014, 00:31 Creston

NKD wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 19:12:
A negative opinion isn't the problem. It's when it's a poorly thought out ignorant hit-and-run, quite often based on not even reading the linked article but just making assumptions based on the blurb or title.

To be fair, I think we've all done that at times. I know I certainly have.

But I saw nearly all of his posts anyway because people quoted him to dismantle his weak arguments.

Which is why I'm saying people need to stop doing that then. If you feel he's trolling, don't reply. (Not you personally, I mean everyone.) Whether you achieve that through an ignore button or through just skimming past whatever he writes, whatever.

But right now we're in a situation where he posts an opinion on something and 15 people jump down his throat. And it gets REALLY boring to read through over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Yes, we could all avoid all this if we just disregarded his posts. But getting everyone on board with that at the same time is going to be problematic if not impossible.

Granted, but every big change has to start small somewhere. If everyone stops immediately blasting him for everything he says, he'll either keep doing it and nobody will bother to reply anymore, or, who knows, he'll up the quality of his posts. (ideally anyway.) The one thing we know for sure is that constantly jumping down his throat and bitching at him DEFINITELY isn't going to change anything, and yet it's all we basically see anymore.

The best solution is never the solution that requires the rest of the community to adapt or change the way they post just because of one guy.

My big problem with it is that he just posts an opinion. Like I said, I rarely agree with it, but it's an opinion, and I don't see why his opinion isn't worthy of being posted.

I'm rarely in favor of banning someone, unless it's a total worthless shitheel like trollindunder who did nothing but make personal attacks in 50% of his posts, and the other 50% were efforts at turning everything into his political shitshow. The last thing I want to see is everyone here just all posting the exact same thing, because that'd get really boring in a hurry.

Most posters here try to substantiate their points and we can have some really good debate and discussion. Willfully ignorant hit-and-run posting adds nothing of value.

I will agree to that, but it's not as if that's all he does. I'll agree to that classification in the cosplayer thread (where I ignored it), but in this thread that's not what he did. He stated the opinion that they could just as easily release the game and send the physical rewards out later. There's nothing wrong with that opinion. People are free to disagree with it, but I don't see why that opinion required people jumping down his throat and turning this into yet another 40 post thread of people bitching. It's almost become automatic by now it seems.

If he bothers you guys that much, STOP FUCKING TALKING TO HIM.

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 2014, 00:37.

50. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 2, 2014, 19:12 NKD

Creston wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 18:50:
No, it isn't. A person who is toxic to me may not be toxic to you, and vice versa. While I will agree that Cutter tends to be more negative than positive about stuff, in the end all he does is post a negative opinion on a game. Last I checked, in a free country, he is allowed to have a negative opinion.

A negative opinion isn't the problem. It's when it's a poorly thought out ignorant hit-and-run, quite often based on not even reading the linked article but just making assumptions based on the blurb or title. His willful ignorance is indistinguishable from trolling and has the same net effect on the conversation.

For example: The cosplayer chick who fell down while climbing a gate and got hurt. AFTER the police had clarified that security footage revealed there was no attack and AFTER the article had been updated, and pointed out in the thread, Cutter comes into the fucking thread going on about how the guy is "guilty as sin, he knocked that girl out."

I tried putting Cutter on ignore for quite a while, for a year even, maybe. I don't recall exactly. I don't really use ignore anymore. But I saw nearly all of his posts anyway because people quoted him to dismantle his weak arguments. Of course, he favors hit-and-run posting where he just vanishes when called on his shit.

Yes, we could all avoid all this if we just disregarded his posts. But getting everyone on board with that at the same time is going to be problematic if not impossible. Even if you ignore him, the shitshow he inevitably starts is hard to avoid unless you just want to leave the site.

The best solution is never the solution that requires the rest of the community to adapt or change the way they post just because of one guy. Most posters here try to substantiate their points and we can have some really good debate and discussion. Willfully ignorant hit-and-run posting adds nothing of value.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

49. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 2, 2014, 18:50 Creston

Sho wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 16:29:
They cause a disconnect between what you're seeing and what others are seeing, and thus a breakdown in communication and social cohesion.

It's a forum on a website, Sho, not the United Nations grand council. Nothing of any worth is being produced here, and there is nothing gained or lost by people either getting along or not getting along. Nobody's going to go to war over a lack of communication or social cohesion.

It's a message board. Some people don't like seeing certain other people's posts, in which case they either need to ignore that person, or really just shut up about it.

Every time Cutter posts, and I'm not saying that I agree with him on most matters (I certainly don't agree with his opinion on Wasteland 2), there are 15 people bitching about it, then 10 more people bitching about that. I guess in that way it's sorta similar to our House Of Representatives now, where they all just bicker and bitch like children in a playground.

However, here nobody is paying anyone to get shit done, so how about we all either just stop bitching about other people bitching like Jerykk suggested, or learn to use the ignore button if you can't ignore someone on your own cognizance.

The only real fix is for communities to learn how to expell toxic individuals before they cause irreversible harm -- and people reaching for the ignore function actually is part of that harm.

No, it isn't. A person who is toxic to me may not be toxic to you, and vice versa. While I will agree that Cutter tends to be more negative than positive about stuff, in the end all he does is post an opinion on some news about a game/dev. Last I checked, in a free country, he is allowed to have that opinion be negative.

Shit starts to go to hell when people bitch about his negative opinions, then others bitch about that, and blam, another entire thread derailed into nothing but people bitching about bitching about people having negative opinions. And why? Does anyone seriously believe that it's going to change anything? It's even more pointless than most political threads, where the moron lefties and the moron righties are yelling at the other side that THEY are the ones raping the world while their own party is a slice of heaven and always right.

It's also worth noting that seniority is no defense for bad behavior. You need to not be an asshole every single day anew.

I'm fairly sure Blue doesn't give two shits about people's 'seniority' when he decides to remove posts or ban people entirely, and I've never seen anyone claim any kind of seniority status on this board to begin with.

This comment was edited on Aug 2, 2014, 19:04.

48. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 2, 2014, 17:29 Jerykk

The best solution is not to hit the ignore button but to simply not respond to posts that are clearly troll-bait. That way, you can still see what they're saying but you aren't fueling a flame war by angrily responding.  

47. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 2, 2014, 16:38 Verno

Normally I would agree with Creston but maybe you're right Sho, I never thought about it that way before. Cutter does this all the time so I suggest just complaining to the admins and eventually they will either do something about it like with RollinThundr or people will just have to live with it.

Anyways whatever, getting back on topic I backed this a long time ago but the 20GB beta install kinda put me off since I didn't have my new SSD yet. I am very anxious to check it out but I haven't heard much beta related feedback. Hopefully by the time I'm done with it Tides of Numera will be out.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

46. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 2, 2014, 16:29 Sho

Creston wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 16:20:
Hint: Use the fucking ignore function. Frans made us one for a reason. Every one of these 30 post bitch fests about people complaining about people complaining is all so pointless.

No, that's silly. Ignore functions don't work, especially when the problem is a regular participant. They cause a disconnect between what you're seeing and what others are seeing, and thus a breakdown in communication and social cohesion. The only real fix is for communities to learn how to expell toxic individuals before they cause irreversible harm -- and people reaching for the ignore function actually is part of that harm.

It's also worth noting that seniority is no defense for bad behavior. You need to not be an asshole every single day anew.

45. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 2, 2014, 16:20 Creston

Well, this thread went nowhere in a hurry.

Hint: Use the fucking ignore function. Frans made us one for a reason. Every one of these 30 post bitch fests about people complaining about people complaining is all so pointless.

44. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 2, 2014, 16:15 Redmask

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 16:13:
Let it go.

I was responding to the post you wrote to me.

43. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 2, 2014, 16:13 The Half Elf

Let it go.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

42. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 2, 2014, 16:08 Redmask

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 15:10:
And it's just as grinding to read people throwing more negativity over it. You can either be part of the solution or part of the problem.

I think we have different views of what the solution is. I do not think its ok to give trolls carte blanche to disrupt everyone else and with some people there is no 'higher road' as they are just happy to be doing it until stopped or confronted. I try to let these things go most of the time but sometimes it just grinds on you, I'm sure you've done the same thing before.

41. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 2, 2014, 15:50 LittleMe

It's narcissistic behavior. I suggest you all look up Sam Vaknin's YouTube videos on it. Here is a good start, they love to be hated and hate to be loved.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

40. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 2, 2014, 15:33 Sho

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 11:27:
Your new around here aren't you? If Cutter was 'the most toxic presence on a forum' then I welcome you to the internet and suggest you enjoy your sheltered existence.

That it gets worse than Cutter isn't a good reason not to stand up to him. His posts generally contribute little, annoy, and make this place worse. I'm happy someone's still got the energy to get pissed off at that, tbh.

39. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 2, 2014, 15:17 NKD

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 15:11:
NKD wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 14:43:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 14:40:
NKD wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 11:48:
Cutter just stands out because most of the other wastes of oxygen who used to post here, like space captain for example, have already been shown the door.

*psst, he's right there, behind you*

The IP address is coming from inside the house!

And you are just as bad because instead of just shutting up (or putting him on ignore or something else) your bitching and moaning about the guy bitching and moaning.

Don't be a fucking hypocrite!

You're bitching and moaning about the guy bitching and moaning about the guy bitching and moaning, and then calling guy #2 a hypocrite. Just pointing that out there.

Take your own advice instead of contributing to the fractal pattern of bitching and moaning you seem to hate so much.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

38. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 2, 2014, 15:11 The Half Elf

NKD wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 14:43:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 14:40:
NKD wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 11:48:
Cutter just stands out because most of the other wastes of oxygen who used to post here, like space captain for example, have already been shown the door.

*psst, he's right there, behind you*

The IP address is coming from inside the house!

And you are just as bad because instead of just shutting up (or putting him on ignore or something else) your bitching and moaning about the guy bitching and moaning.

Don't be a fucking hypocrite!

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

57 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo