Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced

Grinding Gear Games announces plans for a new Forsaken Masters expansion for Path of Exile, saying this will be released as a free update for their action/RPG on August 20th, adding new content as well as revising the core game. There are a whole bunch of details on this on the Path of Exile website, and here's an overview:

Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters will introduce a slew of new and meaningful content based on the plight of the Forsaken Masters of Wraeclast -- seven men and women, masters of their trade, who were exiled by Dominus, a powerful entity of corruption and tyranny.

As per the expansion's title, players will cross paths with the seven Forsaken Masters, each offering separate and unique quests, training, mission variations, item crafting and modification options, secret and customizable towns known as Hideouts, tiers of Hideout decorations, and more in exchange for an Exile's help. Also featuring Rampage and Beyond Challenge Leagues, revamped boss fights, new lore, new Unique items, new support and skill gems, a PvP Spectator Mode, and dozens of other additions, Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters will offer players a robust augmentation to the game's already highly replayable experience.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 2, 2014, 19:45 Wowbagger_TIP

dj LiTh wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 16:20:
@Axis its /oos so no wonder why your macro didnt work

As for this expansion i'm really hyped. Its the true Diablo successor. D3 looks pretty and has absolutely no depth. I want to like it, i'm a huge blizzard fanboi but damn, D3 is a travesty.

Gilly, when i first tried PoE i played for about an hour and immediatly uninstalled. I found it slow and lacking and didnt understand the currency system. Then a few months later maybe out of bordom i reinstalled it, gave it another shot as a different charactor and was blown away. Just making a different charactor can completely change the experience one has (melee is truely slower than shit when just starting off). Now its one of my favorite most played games.

I cant say i have a lot of lag or desync issues for me personally, but my cousin seems to have more problems then i. Not sure what to account for it other then different servers. Although that doesnt stop him from playing although adds to the frustration. Hardcore can be very punishing, but just the sheer fact that you never lose your charactor or items (they just goto standard league) i think makes up for it.

Pretty much the same experience for me. Definitely one of my most played games this past year or so. I'm skipping the one-month league since I don't get enough play time for it to really matter for me. Really looking forward to the new 3-month leagues though.

And yeah, I have to agree with Axis. Crypto, you're really not understanding the currency system at all. It's definitely a lot more interesting than any other ARPG out there. I wouldn't want yet another boring gold-based system.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 2, 2014, 12:44 Axis

crypto wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 12:39:
Axis wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 22:52:
crypto wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 18:20:
didnt understand the currency system.

this, but I understand the currency system; its flawed. you don't have your currency items randomly anything _ever_. its like going to the bank machine for 20$ and getting 20 pesos instead... or worse it eats your card and you have to go to the bank, wait in line then pay 20$ for a new card(i.e. 5 slot becomes 3) I heard a while back they added an item to increase the odds(which still makes it random so not a fix) I logged on to find a update changed the skill tree drastically and my main char with all items was useless... wont go back, play D3 if anything.

Currency in PoE is fantastic

Everyone has an equal chance to gamble away a multitude of orbs...

things that takes only a few tries...

currency you... blow on gambling.

That's how to "do" currency in PoE.

great, another fanboy wreaks another game :/ I don't blame GG for taking my support money and going no where with it... its this senseless dribble.

This is how people who can't admit "Good point, I was wrong" after their own quotes prove their ignorance of the facts.
Here are the important parts since you can't comprehend paragraphs:
Or, for the commons sense folk, use that currency to purchase your desired upgrades.
But if you use xyz or even the trade forums, you get major mileage out of that currency you didn't blow on gambling.

Sum? You are a dolt if you gamble, you are doing currency wrong.

Yours truly,

Axis

24. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 2, 2014, 12:39 crypto

Axis wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 22:52:

this, but I understand the currency system; its flawed. you don't have your currency items randomly anything _ever_. its like going to the bank machine for 20$ and getting 20 pesos instead... or worse it eats your card and you have to go to the bank, wait in line then pay 20$ for a new card(i.e. 5 slot becomes 3) I heard a while back they added an item to increase the odds(which still makes it random so not a fix) I logged on to find a update changed the skill tree drastically and my main char with all items was useless... wont go back, play D3 if anything.

Currency in PoE is fantastic

Everyone has an equal chance to gamble away a multitude of orbs...

things that takes only a few tries...

currency you... blow on gambling.

great, another fanboy wreaks another game :/ I don't blame GG for taking my support money and going no where with it... its this senseless dribble.

23. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 1, 2014, 22:52 Axis

Currency in PoE is fantastic crypto, you don't understand it.

Everyone has an equal chance to gamble away a multitude of orbs, some are lucky, most are not. Or, for the commons sense folk, use that currency to purchase your desired upgrades.

Its easy to use the currency on the cheap for more specific things needed like 4 sockets, socket colors, etc - minor things that takes only a few tries, but helps immensely leveling up or making items last a bit longer through the levels. But if you use xyz or even the trade forums, you get major mileage out of that currency you didn't blow on gambling.

Yours truly,

Axis

22. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 1, 2014, 18:20 crypto

21. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 1, 2014, 16:29 dj LiTh

Ya, i'm leaving this 1month league stuff alone. I'll prolly play both the new 3month standard/hc leagues though. I kinda keep standard chars for my theory crafting, and if thats good then i try something similar in the hc 3-4 month leagues.  

20. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 1, 2014, 16:26 Axis

Sonsabitch! It's been AHK macroed to a mousepress for over a year so you'll forgive me 8)

Ya I only do hardcore -- lost a total of 7 guys, 2 to early desync when it was not obvious (and before anyone knew about /oos), 2 to pushing the limit in maps in nemesis, 1 to invasion off-screen stupidness, and the 2 recent due to their server.

Cant wait to have a go next month, but not gonna continue the rest of the temp league.

Yours truly,

Axis

19. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 1, 2014, 16:20 dj LiTh

As for this expansion i'm really hyped. Its the true Diablo successor. D3 looks pretty and has absolutely no depth. I want to like it, i'm a huge blizzard fanboi but damn, D3 is a travesty.

Gilly, when i first tried PoE i played for about an hour and immediatly uninstalled. I found it slow and lacking and didnt understand the currency system. Then a few months later maybe out of bordom i reinstalled it, gave it another shot as a different charactor and was blown away. Just making a different charactor can completely change the experience one has (melee is truely slower than shit when just starting off). Now its one of my favorite most played games.

I cant say i have a lot of lag or desync issues for me personally, but my cousin seems to have more problems then i. Not sure what to account for it other then different servers. Although that doesnt stop him from playing although adds to the frustration. Hardcore can be very punishing, but just the sheer fact that you never lose your charactor or items (they just goto standard league) i think makes up for it.

18. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 1, 2014, 16:00 Axis

ItBurn wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 15:48:
Redmask wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 15:42:
jacobvandy wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 14:42:
Well while they're hyping the shit out of the "coming eventually" patch 2.1 for D3, I can't be bothered to play that until then. It's nice to have another, different ARPG to play when you get bored of one of 'em...

I agree, Grim Dawn is fantastic

What's up with that game? When is it coming out? Seems like it's been in development for 10 years.

Grim dawn is ok, decent setting, limited character customization but better than torchlight. I just don't get excited when loot balloon games are single player or coop.

Yours truly,

Axis

17. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 1, 2014, 15:48 ItBurn

Redmask wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 15:42:
Well while they're hyping the shit out of the "coming eventually" patch 2.1 for D3, I can't be bothered to play that until then. It's nice to have another, different ARPG to play when you get bored of one of 'em...

What's up with that game? When is it coming out? Seems like it's been in development for 10 years.

16. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 1, 2014, 15:42 Redmask

15. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 1, 2014, 15:38 Axis

Krovven wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 15:16:
Axis wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 10:55:
Logged in the other day just to mess with some characters. It completely lagged out twice (/occ macro didn't work, it was pure server lag)

LOL! Folks, remember that time when Axis was a rabid PoE fanboy and said that the /occ macro wasn't a thing because the desyncs were easily avoidable?

Do you ever read and comprehend? Seriosly, do you? Krowan has no idea the the difference between server lag and desync, congrats for making yourself sound... well you know.

And fanboys don't contemplate both sides of the coin when applicable, they just bow to their idol and never question their infallible one-sided wisdom.

PoE is still better than anything else persistent arpg, but like I said they are focusing on the wrong things, and server drops don't bode well.

Yours truly,

Axis

14. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 1, 2014, 15:34 Wallshadows

gilly775 wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 14:31:
Thanks for the explanation. I'll have to try it out again. Any good websites discussing builds? I've always been fond of ranged characters.

Honestly, the best place to seek build advice are the PoE class forums. Pages and pages of builds which range from new player friendly to steep gear curved builds.

13. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 1, 2014, 15:16 Krovven

Axis wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 10:55:
Logged in the other day just to mess with some characters. It completely lagged out twice (/occ macro didn't work, it was pure server lag)

LOL! Folks, remember that time when Axis was a rabid PoE fanboy and said that the /occ macro wasn't a thing because the desyncs were easily avoidable?

12. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 1, 2014, 15:16 Krovven

Uhh Blue...I clicked edit to make my changes and it made a new post instead of editing the old one.

Trying again...but maybe I clicked Quote and didn't notice.

This comment was edited on Aug 1, 2014, 15:25.

11. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 1, 2014, 14:42 jacobvandy

10. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 1, 2014, 14:33 ItBurn

Now that D3 is a bit better, it's pretty hard to go back to PoE... PoE's gameplay is terrible(not talking about the systems)... It's about a million times more satisfying to kill things in D3...  

9. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 1, 2014, 14:31 gilly775

Thanks for the explanation. I'll have to try it out again. Any good websites discussing builds? I've always been fond of ranged characters.  

8. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 1, 2014, 14:06 Wallshadows

PoE can be very slow at the start, especially with melee. I was on the fence about it myself when I first started to play but once I began to pickup more skill gems and fill in the passive tree, it became a more rewarding experience especially once I had an idea of what to build towards.

This is speaking through the seasonal ladder though. I have absolutely no desire to play the standard league.

7. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 1, 2014, 13:40 gilly775

I honestly don't see all of the praise with this game. I found it dull and slow to start with and unlike the Reaper of Souls, it never grabbed me. Maybe this expansion will do something for me as it does sound cool with the masters they are adding.  

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo