Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All

A week after announcing they were ending support for The Sims 2 and upgrading all those who registered the game on Origin to the Ultimate Collection edition of the lifestyle simulation, EA announces they have opened this process up further, and are offering a free copy of The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection to all Origin users. Here's how this works:

Because you’re a passionate The Sims 2 player, we’re making The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection available free of charge to download to your Origin library. To add the game, just follow these steps:

1. Start by downloading and installing Origin. If you already have Origin you can skip to step 3.
  2. Not an Origin member? Create a free Origin Account to get in the game.
  3. Launch Origin and log into your Origin Account.
  4. From the ‘Games’ tab in the Origin menu, select ‘Redeem Product Code’ and enter the code
    I-LOVE-THE-SIMS

If you’re already an Origin member, you can also redeem your code online. Just visit the Origin code redemption page and log in to your Origin Account. Then enter I-LOVE-THE-SIMS in the ‘Product Code’ field.

Thanks for being a passionate The Sims fan, and enjoy your copy of The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection.

This code will available for redemption until July 31st, 2014 at 10AM PDT.

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. SecureROM Jul 29, 2014, 20:04 Ant

It has it according to /..  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All Jul 29, 2014, 19:59 Axis

Little Computer People 4l...  

Yours truly,

Axis

27. Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All Jul 27, 2014, 03:04 Ant

DrSquick wrote on Jul 24, 2014, 11:26:
My favorite memory of Sims was when Sims 1 came out. I remember I woke up super early on a Saturday for some reason and eagerly bought it, installed it, and proceeded to play it nonstop for 14 hours. I recall I only ate breakfast that day, didn't take a shower, and my house was a mess.

But there I was - exercising, cleaning my house, reading books, and showing - my virtual self, while my real-life self needed to do all those things.

I exited the game and remember it was dark outside, I smelled, and was woozy from not eating all day. I uninstall and never played again thinking, "well that was dumb."

Good times.
Yeah, Sims 1 was addicting to me too. I recreated my college dorm(itory) friends. Haha.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

26. Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All Jul 27, 2014, 03:03 Ant

Kajetan wrote on Jul 24, 2014, 10:19:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jul 24, 2014, 09:48:
Lol, someone tried it. What are you, someone's wife or something?
We all are someone's bitch
John Romero's?

25. Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All Jul 24, 2014, 15:58 Agent.X7

DrSquick wrote on Jul 24, 2014, 11:26:
My favorite memory of Sims was when Sims 1 came out. I remember I woke up super early on a Saturday for some reason and eagerly bought it, installed it, and proceeded to play it nonstop for 14 hours. I recall I only ate breakfast that day, didn't take a shower, and my house was a mess.

But there I was - exercising, cleaning my house, reading books, and showing - my virtual self, while my real-life self needed to do all those things.

I exited the game and remember it was dark outside, I smelled, and was woozy from not eating all day. I uninstall and never played again thinking, "well that was dumb."

Good times.

My roommates girlfriend used to play it on their PC while I played CS in my room. She named all the people after out little "family." I was in between maps when I heard them gibbering wildly, so I came out to see what was going on. Apparently one of us knocked something out of the fireplace and set the couch on fire. 2 sims ran circles around the couch waving their arms in the air and gibbering, and one sim was trying to get to the bathroom. She was panicking as much as the sims and couldn't manage to click on any of them, and eventually the whole house burned. I laughed and went back to shooting people. Good times.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

24. Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All Jul 24, 2014, 12:31 sauron

shinchan0s wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 18:38:
I also think I got Battlefield 3 from one of these giveaways. Not really sure since I haven't felt the need to install Origin.

^ This. I did the exact same thing and haven't installed or played it.

But they do seem to give out free stuff - pretty nice.

Kittens!

23. Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All Jul 24, 2014, 11:26 DrSquick

Good times.

22. Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All Jul 24, 2014, 10:19 Kajetan

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jul 24, 2014, 09:48:
We all are someone's bitch

21. Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All Jul 24, 2014, 09:48 Mordecai Walfish

20. Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All Jul 24, 2014, 07:24 Kajetan

And what a surprise, the game does not start. The serial provided with this free "purchase" is faulty or not registered within their stupid DRM database. It does not work for EVERYONE  

19. Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All Jul 24, 2014, 02:24 Agent.X7

TangoBaker wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 20:38:
Note to self: Pick up a copy of the Sims for the Wife on the way home from the bar.

Hahahaha!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

18. Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All Jul 24, 2014, 00:37 walrus1

Wolfox wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 18:14:
Kythlyn wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 17:57:
This is EA... right?

EA does this occasionally. It could be a random act of kindness, or part of a master evil plan, or just a random thing designed to keep us confused and second-guessing everything.

I guess we'll never know. But at least we get to play The Sims 2 for free.

All the above I'd wager.

17. Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All Jul 23, 2014, 21:13 Quboid

NKD wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 20:33:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 19:27:
I guess? I mean, I bought Sims 3 for my wife to play, and she fooled around with it for a few hours and never returned.

Your wife never returned?! Sorry to hear that bro. There are other fish in the sea!

That sucks but I've finished with people for less. I'm not sure what else you'd expect with a present like that.

- Quboid

16. Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All Jul 23, 2014, 21:10 jdreyer

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 20:05:
I launched Origin to redeem the code and noticed my CPU fan getting louder. Turns out it was using 50% CPU power. Piece of shit.

You should probably upgrade your CPU from a 486 DX2.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

15. Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All Jul 23, 2014, 20:38 TangoBaker

Note to self: Pick up a copy of the Sims for the Wife on the way home from the bar.  

14. Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All Jul 23, 2014, 20:33 NKD

I guess? I mean, I bought Sims 3 for my wife to play, and she fooled around with it for a few hours and never returned.

Your wife never returned?! Sorry to hear that bro. There are other fish in the sea!

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

13. Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All Jul 23, 2014, 20:05 theyarecomingforyou

I launched Origin to redeem the code and noticed my CPU fan getting louder. Turns out it was using 50% CPU power. Piece of shit.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

12. Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All Jul 23, 2014, 19:50 wtf_man

nin wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 18:03:
This is EA... right?

Yeah, this is actually a nice gesture.

It's also genius marketing, given how popular The Sims are, to get people to install Origin.

It won't get me to install it, and I wouldn't exactly call it a "Nice Gesture".

11. Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All Jul 23, 2014, 19:42 javajeff

I just have no interest in that game. I may reinstall Origin for that huge Command and Conquer pack.  

10. Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All Jul 23, 2014, 19:27 jdreyer

nin wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 18:03:
This is EA... right?

Yeah, this is actually a nice gesture.

It's also genius marketing, given how popular The Sims are, to get people to install Origin.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo