Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Areal Funded; Putin a Backer?

The Areal Kickstarter is officially funded, and currently has collected pledges for over $62K of the $50K goal for the first-person shooter. Meanwhile, a Kickstarter update from West Games has an unusual story, even in the context of Areal, which is saying something, considering all the S.T.A.L.K.E.R.-related controversy embroiling the upcoming shooter. They describe receiving an email of support from Russian President Vladimir Putin, saying they initially were as skeptical about this as any of us would be, before outlining how they've managed to convince themselves that this may be legitimate. Since things are so quiet in Russia right now, Vlad apparently wants to do a little gaming, as part of the translation of the letter reads: "If you give me the chance to play the alpha version of the game, when it is ready, then I invite you in advance to the Kremlin, to meet personally, be ready to play a little bit and talk about the interests of young people, the gamers of our country." Thanks Rhialto.

View
47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

47. Re: Areal Funded; Putin a Backer? Jul 22, 2014, 07:07 theyarecomingforyou

Task wrote on Jul 21, 2014, 09:39:
NewMaxx wrote on Jul 20, 2014, 22:04:
Task wrote on Jul 20, 2014, 16:30:
The kind of trash talk I'd expect from people that don't think on the basis of "Cui Bono?"

This from the guy who calls the U.S. a modern day Roman or Napoleon Empire equivalent. Educate yourself a little bit before you go spouting off about things you clearly don't understand.

Ohhh, look at all the links! Let me guess you're sheep dipped in CNN, FOX, and MSNBC just itching for war with Russia. Just spit it out already. Guess what, the U.S. today is an Imperialist Empire. FACT.

Facts about the U.S. Imperial Empire:

* U.S. has attempted to illegally overthrow 50 governments (most of which were "democratic" , just not "U.S. Democratic")
* Dropped bombs on people in over 30 countries
* Attempted to assassinate more than 50 foreign leaders
* Attempted to suppress populist movements in over 20 countries
* Illegally interfered with democratic processes in over 30 countries
* Over 30 million people have died following WW2 in conflicts started by the U.S. over 201 times

That's quite a score card, Russia doesn't even come close to committing the obvious Imperialist policy of the West.

When one Empire falls, another takes its place. Its not rocket science. And the people inside arrogantly defend it, just as citizens have done in other Empires. Just as people were in a fervor over lies to go to Vietnam, lies to go to war with Iraq TWICE, lies to bomb Libya, and a huge lie to almost bomb Syria (all documented as lies as they were told, now proven by Senate Committees and leaked documents).

Comparison between Rome and the U.S. has been made by many scholars:

* The Roman Republic had a constitution, and the Roman Senators rarely followed it (The U.S. Congress and presidencies have continued to ignore the constitution and even find "loop holes" to get around things they "don't like")
* Rome and America are the most powerful actors in their respective time periods in History, with near complete dominance in military, technology, ideas, etc. (The U.S. also has over 800+ bases in countries other than their own)
* Both Empires in their respective time periods believed themselves to be "exceptional" spreading their influence by force if necessary
* Both had/have a military expansionist policy (which can not be maintained in the long run, see U.S. debt)
* Both had/have a growing, corrupt aristocracy/oligarchy that inevitably made/make the divide between the rich and poor quite wide

Being part Native American, with cultures that were decimated by arrogant white folk, please excuse me in my unwavering, eyes wide open view of the failure that is U.S. Foreign Policy.

Educate yourself on truth before you go spouting off on things you clearly refuse to understand. I couldn't help but reply, with your one sentence in your unwavering belief that you seem to "understand" something that I do not. Kind of speaks of the kind of arrogance and exceptional-ism I just went over.

Toodles.
+1

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

46. Re: Areal Funded; Putin a Backer? Jul 21, 2014, 21:34 Agent.X7

Task wrote on Jul 21, 2014, 09:39:
The kind of trash talk I'd expect from people that don't think on the basis of "Cui Bono?"

This from the guy who calls the U.S. a modern day Roman or Napoleon Empire equivalent. Educate yourself a little bit before you go spouting off about things you clearly don't understand.

Ohhh, look at all the links! Let me guess you're sheep dipped in CNN, FOX, and MSNBC just itching for war with Russia. Just spit it out already. Guess what, the U.S. today is an Imperialist Empire. FACT.

* U.S. has attempted to illegally overthrow 50 governments (most of which were "democratic" , just not "U.S. Democratic")
* Over 30 million people have died following WW2 in conflicts started by the U.S. over 201 times

That's quite a score card, Russia doesn't even come close to committing the obvious Imperialist policy of the West.

When one Empire falls, another takes its place. Its not rocket science. And the people inside arrogantly defend it, just as citizens have done in other Empires. Just as people were in a fervor over lies to go to Vietnam, lies to go to war with Iraq TWICE, lies to bomb Libya, and a huge lie to almost bomb Syria (all documented as lies as they were told, now proven by Senate Committees and leaked documents).

* The Roman Republic had a constitution, and the Roman Senators rarely followed it (The U.S. Congress and presidencies have continued to ignore the constitution and even find "loop holes" to get around things they "don't like")
* Rome and America are the most powerful actors in their respective time periods in History, with near complete dominance in military, technology, ideas, etc. (The U.S. also has over 800+ bases in countries other than their own)
* Both Empires in their respective time periods believed themselves to be "exceptional" spreading their influence by force if necessary
* Both had/have a military expansionist policy (which can not be maintained in the long run, see U.S. debt)
* Both had/have a growing, corrupt aristocracy/oligarchy that inevitably made/make the divide between the rich and poor quite wide

Being part Native American, with cultures that were decimated by arrogant white folk, please excuse me in my unwavering, eyes wide open view of the failure that is U.S. Foreign Policy.

Educate yourself on truth before you go spouting off on things you clearly refuse to understand. I couldn't help but reply, with your one sentence in your unwavering belief that you seem to "understand" something that I do not. Kind of speaks of the kind of arrogance and exceptional-ism I just went over.

Toodles.

Because that doesn't sound arrogant at all either.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

45. Re: Areal Funded; Putin a Backer? Jul 21, 2014, 10:26 Beamer

Yup, he linked to YouTube.  
-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

44. removed Jul 21, 2014, 10:21 Darks

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 21, 2014, 11:00.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

43. Re: Areal Funded; Putin a Backer? Jul 21, 2014, 09:39 Task

Toodles.

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 2014, 09:49.

Playing: The Witcher 2, Dragon Age: Origins, FF8

42. Re: Areal Funded; Putin a Backer? Jul 21, 2014, 09:38 nin

PunkiBastardo wrote on Jul 21, 2014, 09:26:
This thing is getting surreal now. That latest update is completely bizarre. For some reason they point out this guy for example who has backed 111 projects and joined kickstarter in 2011. What do they expect to prove with that? that the seasoned kickstarter community doesn't trust them? Way to go West Games!

File a ticket, and tell them you don't think that's professional behavior from a person running a project. We got 3 days to fix this shit, and if they so much as sneeze, I'm filing a(nother) ticket.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

41. Re: Areal Funded; Putin a Backer? Jul 21, 2014, 09:26 PunkiBastardo

This thing is getting surreal now. That latest update is completely bizarre. For some reason they point out this guy for example who has backed 111 projects and joined kickstarter in 2011. What do they expect to prove with that? that the seasoned kickstarter community doesn't trust them? Way to go West Games!  

40. Re: Areal Funded; Putin a Backer? Jul 21, 2014, 09:11 djinn

nin wrote on Jul 20, 2014, 22:09:
Guys, guys...can't we all just unite in our hatred of this really shitty, clearly a scam kickstarter????? Where $50,000 magically makes a game on PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, Windows, Mac AND Linux?

Wii U? BACKED!

39. Re: Areal Funded; Putin a Backer? Jul 21, 2014, 08:24 nin

ASeven wrote on Jul 21, 2014, 08:13:
Meanwhile, seems some internet detectives have found more proof that Areal is behind all those spam comments.

Excellent! KS is finally working those tickets I filed Friday for some of the spam assholes there...

edit: One asshole made over 1000 posts in 3 days: https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/1911888954

edit: Oh wow, update 25, and they're (the owners of the project): Singleing out people that don't agree with them, and providing links to their profiles. Another ticket filed!

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 2014, 08:40.

38. Re: Areal Funded; Putin a Backer? Jul 21, 2014, 08:22 ASeven

And now they're attacking Forbes reporter Erik Kain.  

37. Re: Areal Funded; Putin a Backer? Jul 21, 2014, 08:16 NKD

This thing has been red flag city from the very beginning. Anyone who backed this shit (has anyone actually backed it or is it all fake money?) needs to lose their $10 or whatever as a lesson in smart purchasing decisions.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

36. Re: Areal Funded; Putin a Backer? Jul 21, 2014, 08:13 ASeven

Meanwhile, seems some internet detectives have found more proof that Areal is behind all those spam comments.

35. Re: Areal Funded; Putin a Backer? Jul 21, 2014, 07:38 Krodge

Only 50k?
12 employees, lets say they get paid 1000 a week that funds them for about a month. Oh but we have to include office rent, power, software licenses.
If they're relying on this 50k then the game has to be finished in about 2 weeks or its not going to be finished at all.

Then again maybe Putin can secretly funnel them some more money.

34. Re: Areal Funded; Putin a Backer? Jul 21, 2014, 05:46 Julio

If they think having a fake or real Putin endorsement will help, I guess they're looking to get Russians to kick in money. Having Putin is up there with having a KKK endorsement of your game. Makes it easy for me not to put any money on this.  

33. Re: Areal Funded; Putin a Backer? Jul 21, 2014, 00:33 walrus1

Sorry for the double post!

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 2014, 00:41.

32. Re: Areal Funded; Putin a Backer? Jul 21, 2014, 00:31 walrus1

siapnar wrote on Jul 20, 2014, 13:03:
How is this project still allowed to continue on Kickstarter?
That is an excellent and raises significant questions about the safety checks used by Kickstarter.

Jerykk wrote on Jul 20, 2014, 18:03:
Assuming that the pledges remain above $50k for the remainder of the campaign, I do admit to wanting to see how everything plays out. There's obviously no way they can deliver what they've promised for the money they're asking. I suspect they'll eventually admit that the funding was simply for a prototype that they can pitch to publishers. Or they'll start another Kickstarter for "bonus polish and features." Or they'll "postpone" the game and start a Kickstarter for another game entirely. Or they'll just cancel the game and apologize to backers (without any refunds, of course).

Or they'll make a run for the nearest border. Well maybe not that border since not everyone likes Russians over there at the moment.

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 2014, 00:41.

31. Re: Areal Funded; Putin a Backer? Jul 20, 2014, 22:31 harlock

yeh that was hilarious but i didnt even want to take the time to bother responding to it

"sky is blue! water is blue! sky is water!" herrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

30. Re: Areal Funded; Putin a Backer? Jul 20, 2014, 22:09 nin

Guys, guys...can't we all just unite in our hatred of this really shitty, clearly a scam kickstarter????? Where $50,000 magically makes a game on PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, Windows, Mac AND Linux?

29. Re: Areal Funded; Putin a Backer? Jul 20, 2014, 22:04 NewMaxx

28. Re: Areal Funded; Putin a Backer? Jul 20, 2014, 21:51 Eirikrautha

Eirikrautha wrote on Jul 20, 2014, 13:41:
I'm sure Putin didn't use his own money. It probably came from the credit cards stolen off of the bodies of the passengers of flight MH17...

Wow, more Russia bashing, nice. The kind of trash talk I'd expect from people that don't think on the basis of "Cui Bono?"

Geee, who benefits? Who benefits from sponsoring a revolution in a country that borders them, but is considering closer relationships with an economic and political rival (the EU)? Who benefits from the instability enough to seize a portion of that country (the Crimea) so as to guarantee themselves an entryway into the Black Sea? Who benefits from supplying advanced weapons and military "advisers" to the rebels, so as to maximize the instability and perhaps intervene to "restore order" (i.e. conquer more territory)?

Seems like Russia is the hands-down answer to all of those questions. Too bad the hand-grenade they gave to babies to play with actually went off. You give SAMs to poorly-trained rebels (assuming the Brits are wrong and they weren't actually being manned by Russian soldiers) and let them blast away, and you tend to get unforseen problems.

Russia benefited from the whole situation more than anyone else, until the rebels got trigger-happy. So your cui bono doesn't really help your case, comrade...

47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo