Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

View
44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

44. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2014, 12:25 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 10:57:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 10:55:
nin wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 08:40:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 00:06:
HOLY BALLS!

Grabbed some Kentucky Corn Rye Whiskey at the beer store - whoooooooo!!!!! 62.5% Buffalo Trace White Dog Mash #1. wow. Took the hair off of my tongue....

Have you tried the new Crown? Might have to see if I can find yours around here...

Which one? I make pancakes and french toast with the Maple version.

Think it's called Monarch 75? I've only seen it at one liquor store here, and I've not gotten up the nerve to drop $50 on a flavor I might not care for...it's slowly being rolled out, I think.

Maple isn't bad, but I have to be in the mood for it...

I mostly use the maple for cooking, there is a better maple whiskey - bird dog maple. A lot better, smoother, and cheaper. My current fav is the newly released (to the Midwest, was only a East Coast thing for the last 2 years) is Jameson Black.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

43. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2014, 10:57 nin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 10:55:
HOLY BALLS!

Grabbed some Kentucky Corn Rye Whiskey at the beer store - whoooooooo!!!!! 62.5% Buffalo Trace White Dog Mash #1. wow. Took the hair off of my tongue....

Have you tried the new Crown? Might have to see if I can find yours around here...

Think it's called Monarch 75? I've only seen it at one liquor store here, and I've not gotten up the nerve to drop $50 on a flavor I might not care for...it's slowly being rolled out, I think.

Maple isn't bad, but I have to be in the mood for it...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

42. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2014, 10:55 xXBatmanXx

HOLY BALLS!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

41. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2014, 08:40 nin

HOLY BALLS!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

40. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2014, 07:10  Blue 

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 20:07:
PHJF wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 12:29:
Armchair scientist strikes again!

http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/dwq/nutrientschap12.pdf

Interesting, I admit I've never done much research aside from being really pissed off and a bit worried after repeatedly getting letters from my water company, to the tune of: "sorry, you shouldn't have been drinking the water without boiling it last month!" or their annual water reports where they failed EPA water standard tests for fertilizer runoff, bacteria, heavy metals, medical type molecules etc.

Apparently there is a nice middle ground of dissolved minerals, sans industrial and biological contaminants I should be aiming for. Because of the above, I bought a water filtration system for the house a few years back, so I guess I'll start getting some gatorades or vitamin waters in the short term.

Screwed no matter what you do, apparently.

This is not about water that's been simply home-filtered. The water in the article probably makes water run through a brita look like mud.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

39. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2014, 00:34 Beamer

HOLY BALLS!

I've never enjoyed the white corn mashes. They always just taste kind of like corn to me. Let it age!

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

38. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2014, 00:06 xXBatmanXx

HOLY BALLS!

37. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2014, 22:26 WaltC

Pigeon wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 10:23:
What I want to know is, who reads Archie? It's one of those comics that has been around forever, but I've never met someone who has claimed to read it.

Hardly anyone read it even 45 years ago, when I had a friend who read Archie & Jughead and liked it! I didn't mind the comic and had no overt objections to it--it just did nothing for me at all. There were far, far better comics to buy...I never understood why it was popular then and still don't--I actually had no idea it was still around.

So--yea, the owner of the comic finally decides to have Archie ride off into that sunset where retired comic-book characters go, but oh-no, can't have Archie's retirement go gently--oh, no--Archies got to get murdered in a blaze superficial glory--and this is the lunatic idea to polish off Archie? Uh, with so many real needs and causes in the world worth addressing--Archie goes out taking a senseless bullet--not just for "anyone," mind you, but "for a gay"...! Hello? That's it? That's the most heroic ending they could think of? I have to laugh--*no wonder* the Archie & Jughead comics were always so insufferably boring...!

Archie's heroic stand seems utterly belittled to the point of ridicule by the silly if not demeaning "gay" aspect. WTF did that have to do with anything? The sexual morality of the person that Archie took the bullet for has *nothing to do with Archie's sacrifice,* does it? It would have been no less heroic if Archie "took a bullet" for a Eunuch, a prostitute, or--get this--a person whose sexual morality wasn't even mentioned...? Does the sexual morality of the person Archie "took a bullet for" matter in the slightest? It matters not at all, and as far as I am concerned makes a mockery of the fictional "last-stand" of the eternal teenager Archie.

There are some very sick people running around today--poor Archie, what an awful send-off for the fictional character. It's so easy to think of a hundred much more interesting and informative ways to have had that character take his final bow. What a waste of paper and ink.

It is well known that I do not make mistakes--so if you should happen across a mistake in anything I have written, be assured that I did not write it!

36. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2014, 22:26 jdreyer

Scheherazade wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 21:26:
I daily drive a gas guzzler, short distance.

Replacing fuel tax with mileage tax would be great for me.

-scheherazade

True, but it does nothing to promote fuel efficiency. I guess it depends on what your goals are. Also, electrics are only anticipated to be like 30% of vehicles by 2050, so in the short term very little money would be "lost" over transition to electrics.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

35. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2014, 21:26 Scheherazade

Tumbler wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 12:09:
If anyone else was curious the Model 3 Tesla, $35k approx, should be able to drive 200+ miles.

Based on googling it you get about 3 miles per kilowatt hour. So a "full tank" should cost 66 KW/H's approx. For me that ranges between $0.13 and $0.33 depending on when the charge happens. Smart Meters!

Assuming that can be all $0.13 that is $8.58 per tank. I'm paying approx $70 a tank in my minivan which get 20 mpg. So on average I'm paying about $40 per "tank" if it were equal to the tesla.

Not sure how big that car is, I have 3 kids and the extra room in that minivan is necessary but cutting my costs by 75% on commutes would be nice! (plus no more stopping at gas stations!)

I drive about 320 miles a week commuting. Currently that is approx $70. If I could do it in the Model 3 that is $13.86.

The proposed mileage tax is making more sense if you consider how much revenue they lose from each driver who goes all electric. Looking at a quick gas tax breakdown in CA that is $0.82 in taxes on each gallon of gas.

I daily drive a gas guzzler, short distance.

Replacing fuel tax with mileage tax would be great for me.

-scheherazade

34. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2014, 20:56 SlimRam

WarPig wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 20:30:
Probably going to need some help if anyone is around.....

It's 106F where I'm at...

so yeah, I'll be right over!

it sounds like you're in the same place I am. and as usual with any party, I'll bring the hookers and blow! Awwwwwww YEAH!!

Edit: and I'll also bring the dynamite because, let's face it, you really just can't have a party without dynamite!

This comment was edited on Jul 16, 2014, 21:13.

I'm bringing Sexy Back

Luckily, I kept the receipt

33. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2014, 20:30 WarPig

It's 106F where I'm at...

so yeah, I'll be right over!

GO SEAHAWKS!

32. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2014, 20:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

PHJF wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 12:29:
Armchair scientist strikes again!

http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/dwq/nutrientschap12.pdf

Interesting, I admit I've never done much research aside from being really pissed off and a bit worried after repeatedly getting letters from my water company, to the tune of: "sorry, you shouldn't have been drinking the water without boiling it last month!" or their annual water reports where they failed EPA water standard tests for fertilizer runoff, bacteria, heavy metals, medical type molecules etc.

Apparently there is a nice middle ground of dissolved minerals, sans industrial and biological contaminants I should be aiming for. Because of the above, I bought a water filtration system for the house a few years back, so I guess I'll start getting some gatorades or vitamin waters in the short term.

Screwed no matter what you do, apparently.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2014, 19:44 xXBatmanXx

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 14:19:
Cutter wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 12:00:
Happy Level-Up Day to Me!
Toff

SQUEEEEEEEEE!

Congrats Cutter.

Yea! happy b-day ya prick!

Anything good/fun for the day?

Final menu for tomorrows smoke out:

In the smoker:
Bacon warpped bison
Dry rub bison
Bacon wrapped/dry rub bison
Dry rub pork loin
Dry rub chicken
Sausages
Apple Sausages
Cheesy Ham Corn

On the gas grill:
Corn on the cob in husk on the grill

In the oven:
Bacon/Jalapeno/Cream Cheese/Chicken Tenga/Garlic skin on mash taters....

Grabbin a few growlers from local tap rooms....

30. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2014, 17:15 PropheT

mag wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 16:18:
My understanding from elsewhere is that Man-Thor gets depowered and Lady-Thor rises up and picks up Mjolnir to put the hammer down.

Yep, kind of a Beta Ray Bill situation...this isn't the first time it's happened in the comics, although last time was in the nutty comics era of the 80's.

29. Re: Thor is now a woman Jul 16, 2014, 17:13 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 16:43:
What? Wha... what... the fuck, Marvel?

Disney wants another Princess.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

28. Thor is now a woman Jul 16, 2014, 16:43 Creston

What? Wha... what... the fuck, Marvel?  

27. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2014, 16:22 jdreyer

Verno wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 13:08:
Cutter wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 12:13:
Wonder what the cost will be on that new Tesla, still 50k at least I'd imagine.

Supposedly they're shooting for $35,000.00 USD which is almost reaching the realm of reasonable. I have no idea how Tesla holds its value or how much the maintenance is but cars in general are pretty terrible assets so I am loathe to spend more than 30k for anything brand new. The savings on fuel sounds very worthwhile but I'm weary of the electricity rates being jacked up as a result of any widespread adoption.

It will be decades before there are enough electric cars on the roads to affect electric rates. You'll have bought and sold your Tesla by then.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

26. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2014, 16:18 mag

KS wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 13:37:
Beamer wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 13:14:
Cutter wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 12:13:
Why does Marvel feel it's ok for them to fuck with other peoples religions so long as they're not mainstream? Hey, why not make Jesus or Mohammed women and see how that works out for you.

Thor isn't a religious character, he's a mythological one. Unless you know people still worshiping Norse mythology as religion. I can't even find any genuine ones online.

Today is Odin's Day. Tomorrow is Thor's Day.

Anyway, I can't tell from the article, is this some chick who was worthy, or did Thor get turned into a chick, like Loki was with a big, but in-continuity magical event, or a (gag) complete reboot?

My understanding from elsewhere is that Man-Thor gets depowered and Lady-Thor rises up and picks up Mjolnir to put the hammer down.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2014, 14:42 KS

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 14:19:
Cutter wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 12:00:
Happy Level-Up Day to Me!
Toff

SQUEEEEEEEEE!

Congrats Cutter.

** Ding ding ding! **
** Your strength decreases by 1%! **
** Your beauty decreases by 1%! **

Unless you're nearing the level cap, then it's about 5% a year.

44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo