Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities

A Steam Community announcement outlines details of a patch that's now live for Divinity: Original Sin with the first official update for Larian Studios' new RPG. The Larian Studios forums have the enormous list of changes in the patch, which brings the game to version 1.0.72 for those keeping score at home. Here's the summary, outlining the new AI personalities feature this introduces:

We just released the first official patch for Divinity:Original Sin which introduces the concept of AI personalities.

During character creation, you can now select a specific personality for your characters. When a personality is active the AI will automatically make dialogue choices (based on its personality) for the avatar that isn't selected.

In addition to this, we've made a lot of improvements as well as bug fixes and balancing changes. You do not need to start a completely new game for these changes to work. Of course, your savegames will keep on working.

You'll also notice that you can now publish to Steam Workshop using the Divinity Engine Toolkit.

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

36. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 17, 2014, 21:50 Verno

Axis wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 21:36:
Oh give me a fucking break man, it was an accurate observation and not an insult like 99% of the bullshit here. I stated his purpose is to troll people he has on ignore while he talks about games instead of playing them as a response - that's it, absolutely true and no calling him names, telling others to ignore him, nothing. Yet he pops into threads constantly where people he has on ignore are quoted and insults them with said bullshit.

The problem with that reasoning is he didn't do that here. He didn't do anything to you or anyone else, he just posted something about the game. You made the decision to troll him on purpose for no reason which violates the first of only 4 forum rules that are literally provided in plain text before every post you make. It was your fault so suck it up and move on. I have had posts moderated too when I stepped out of line and there's nothing else to it except c'est la vie. Plus let's be honest here, you get away with it more often than not so I wouldn't be so quick to criticize site management. There are very few forums that are so lax in policy as this one, it took even RollinThundr years of shitposting to get banned.

Frankly it is pretty easy to take apart nins arguments so its not like theres even a need to wage some weird personal vendetta against him, he provides plenty of on-topic ammo all of the time to make him look bad.

This comment was edited on Jul 17, 2014, 21:58.

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Korengal, Legends, Intruders
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

35. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 17, 2014, 21:36 Axis

Verno wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 20:50:
Axis wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 18:35:
Some people are natural Brown Newsers...

Hey whatever I didn't make you post that crap about nin for no reason, take some responsibility for your actions. When you post nonsense like what I quoted and that earlier silliness you can't really complain about being moderated. The above is something I would expect from my 5 year old, you're a better poster than that.

Divinity is a pretty fun game that deserves better discussion than this and I'm sure no one clicking on this wants to read about forum vendettas.

Oh give me a fucking break man, it was an accurate observation and not an insult like 99% of the bullshit here. I stated his purpose is to troll people he has on ignore while he talks about games instead of playing them as a response - that's it, absolutely true and no calling him names, telling others to ignore him, nothing. Yet he pops into threads constantly where people he has on ignore are quoted and insults them with said bullshit.

You make your bed, fucking lie in it. How about that.

Yours truly,

Axis

34. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 17, 2014, 20:50 Verno

Axis wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 18:35:

Hey whatever I didn't make you post that crap about nin for no reason, take some responsibility for your actions. When you post nonsense like what I quoted and that earlier silliness you can't really complain about being moderated. The above is something I would expect from my 5 year old, you're a better poster than that.

Divinity is a pretty fun game that deserves better discussion than this and I'm sure no one clicking on this wants to read about forum vendettas.

33. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 17, 2014, 19:12 Quinn

Thank you, Verno, or "poster-that-I-don't-have-on-ignore", for shining that knightly light on the situation...

The fact of the matter is that nothing happened that doesn't happen in right about every single thread in this place. It wasn't even an insult I put out there, just a freaking honest observation. Yes, it was off-topic, but again, hardly any thread stays on-topic here and that's fine.

If what you mean to say is that if Nin doesn't like what he reads he has the influence to remove said comment... then that's just disgusting.

I know you're not reading this, because you put people on ignore when they disagree with you, but that's alright. There's a message in here that's ok to be conveyed to onlookers.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

32. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 17, 2014, 18:35 Axis

Yours truly,

Axis

31. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 17, 2014, 14:20 Verno

When people post no content but flamebait and it gets reported then it tends to get removed. It's one thing to post something topical and have a heated disagreement. It's another to just say that X poster sucks and try to derail a thread. There's no double standard, Blue doesn't read everything in detail and can only react to what is reported. If you feel nin is doing something wrong then report it, he has moderated posts in his history as do I and many others here. Sometimes people get away with it because it doesn't get reported and other times it does. Also if someone quotes something that was moderated then their comment might get moderated too.

nin put me on ignore long ago because I disagreed with a statement he made but I don't follow him around in threads and act butthurt about it unless he directly addresses something I said. Even then I try to make sure my response isn't just a flame but has some topical merit. Besides the important fact that people seem to be missing is that nin did nothing in this thread so the lashing out was totally unwarranted and just serves as a useless derail. I am referring to the initial Axis post, I have the other poster on ignore and didn't see what was said there.

I can't believe people would complain about the moderation here, its some of the most lax I've seen on the internet. I can think of several posters in this thread who would be permanently banned from most other communities for their everyday behavior on this board. If anything people have it easy here. The rules are pretty simple and direct, they are also present every time you hit the post button. If you have a problem with something then Blue is really easy to reach too.

In a thread about a huge RPG with a lot of potential discussion there was really no need for any of this crap which is the real shame. People were actually trying to discuss the game when silly slapfights from previous threads get started.

This comment was edited on Jul 17, 2014, 14:36.

30. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 17, 2014, 06:16 Quinn

Yup it's absolutely ridiculous and I'm very happy to see you read my comment before it was removed and also disagree with the removal of it, Dmitri.

Sometimes I can be an ill tempered Italian little fucker but that wasn't the case this time. At all.

It's fucking ridiculous that some people can get away with openly telling others to put people on ignore, while all I did here was raise a valid question about someone. Pisses me off.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

29. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 17, 2014, 03:00 Dmitri_M

Personally, I agreed with what Quinn said. It was just honest truth. It can get grating having the same people here post exactly the same remarks over and over with little to no content. If they can do that the rest of us should be allowed to remark on it. Is there such a thing as a positively insipid troll who on the surface doesn't appear to be a troll? I don't see why his post was removed.  

28. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 16, 2014, 15:42 Undocumented Alien

Jeez... the Diablo 3 threads from long ago should have been nothing but * Removed * with all the posters ragging on each other... but they all stayed... new policy? Not condoning insults, but this seems new.  

27. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 16, 2014, 14:37 Quinn

REMOVED?! What the hell!? What I said really wasn't even remotely within reason to be removed. Blue, this makes absolutely no sense and I'm sure you're scratching your chin right now thinking "Why the hell did I do that?" especially after being confronted by the hypocricy pointed out in Axis' earlier confrontation.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

26. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 16, 2014, 14:17 Axis

Oh so NIN is off limits eh? He can come into threads and insult people he has on ignore and we can't point it out? Yet you'll let him pop into threads, add nothing but an insult, and call it good?

Un fucking believable, but par for course here.

I can quote hundreds of these snide ass comments from him:

nin wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 18:45:
panbient wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 18:19:
Quinn wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 09:41:
panbient wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 03:40:
Slightly nicer graphics have never made a game better, just prettier.

Wrong. Just wrong. It does make a game better because prettier graphics are better for immersion, which still is the #1 reason I play games.

So why does your personal preference make my opinion invalid or somehow incorrect? You play games for 'immersion', fine, I play them for distraction.

Would you tell people who prefer music based on the interplay between the instruments that they're 'wrong. just wrong' because you prefer latching onto the vocal hook?

Friends don't let friends read Quinn! Or Axis!

This comment was edited on Jul 16, 2014, 14:24.

Yours truly,

Axis

25. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 16, 2014, 11:44 Verno

PHJF wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 08:37:
Except for the boss fight, the whole first area was pretty easy for me. Jahar has ice elemental now, and one of my PCs can call either spider or fire elemental. It seems enemies prefer targeting whatever is closest (which is usually my summons) rather than actually doing something intelligent like, say, filling my poor mage's face with arrows.

Yeah the AI is fairly predictable, I usually just LOS their archers/casters with a spider or elemental then teleport them next to Madora who murders them.

The difficulty is more if you wander off their intended progression path due to the level differences. Also the game is pretty unforgiving about mistakes with stat distro in the early parts. One point of speed can be a big deal.

24. removed Jul 16, 2014, 10:14 Axis

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 16, 2014, 12:02.

Yours truly,

Axis

23. removed Jul 16, 2014, 09:37 Quinn

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 16, 2014, 12:02.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

22. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 16, 2014, 09:20 sauron

nin wrote on Jul 15, 2014, 20:52:
This game continues to impress the fuck out of me, and I don't even own it. Very quickly moving up the "play later" list...

Same here, nin - it really looks good. So tempted to get it right now, but I still have to finish other games first.

Kittens!

21. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 16, 2014, 08:56 Undocumented Alien

The combat is quite tough. Which is good. I enjoy developing new ways to win close battles, or even battles where I am outmatched. There is a lot of oldschool challenge with Divinity

Yes it is! Challenge keeps one coming back to learn better tactics. When you Load a game, and they show the game tips, I always laugh when I see the 'Save your game often to keep your blood pressure low' (or something close to that) as you do get jacked up from time to time. I mostly do OK, but from time to time Murphy's Law kicks in and everything goes wrong... that timely miss... slipping on ice...

Won't this be horribly annoying? Sometimes I really, really, really want to pick a certain choice like forgiving someone instead of executing them on the spot. If this AI will automatically pick the other option and I'm left with a rock-paper-scissor game against my own companion...

I can see it being annoying, but yet very realistic and perhaps even fun. Do you really want that Rogue that always goes against your play style but yet helps you quickly unlock doors and chests? Decisions, decisions...

20. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 16, 2014, 08:43 Quinn

Don't forget to give Jahan the "Glass Canon" perk, perhaps followed by the "Stench" perk.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

19. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 16, 2014, 08:37 PHJF

Except for the boss fight, the whole first area was pretty easy for me. Jahar has ice elemental now, and one of my PCs can call either spider or fire elemental. It seems enemies prefer targeting whatever is closest (which is usually my summons) rather than actually doing something intelligent like, say, filling my poor mage's face with arrows.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

18. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 16, 2014, 07:40 Quinn

Dmitri_M wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 07:24:
In my case it's impatience as my characters probably aren't at high enough of a level to be venturing so far from the first settlement

Ah! Yes, the first "chapter" is really testing your patience like that. IMO it's too much blablablablabla and too little pewpew to start a game's story with.

Once you start venturing outside of the settlement, head west and toward the lighthouse but not before you go to the commander (Arius or something?) in the settlement who gives you the quest to do just that. There are enemies on the road and you'll complete some minor quests. Lovely XP boosts.

You should be around lvl 14 before you decide to venture further north.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

17. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 16, 2014, 07:24 Dmitri_M

In my case it's impatience as my characters probably aren't at high enough of a level to be venturing so far from the first settlement  

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo